Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Anal Fissure

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by raypeatclips, Dec 18, 2017.

1. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

Anyone had any experience with anal fissure? Such as the feeling like you are passing glass during your bowl movement, with some bright red blood wiped on the toilet paper, and a stinging feeling for a while afterwards?

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

2. Janelle525

Janelle525 Member

Are you constipated? This happened to me after the birth of my son, it was extremely painful to go, but it was because I was constipated. It has never happened again .

3. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

Econ Student
    Yes happens like clockwork after I have a couple martinis...

4. Janelle525

Janelle525 Member

Are you engaging in any activity after those martinis....?:fullmoon

5. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

upload_2017-12-18_17-58-48.png
    __
    Cheeses? They can form bricks..
    __
    Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki "hemorrhoid"
    __
    Based on Travisord's work, turmeric might help regardless of the cause. Marmalade can be helpful as well.

6. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

Econ Student
    Unfortunately, no. Or maybe I would be a little more accepting of the discomfort...

Not to mention I've given up on sex many moon cycles in the past. Everyone I come across in my day to day is just so uninteresting in that regard...

7. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

If your helI mean heels are cracked or you have some other signs of calcification, consider everything that opposes it. And in case you eat carrots, grate them finely for a while.

8. OP
    raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

Sometimes I think so, yes, but this has improved greatly compared to the past so I had overlooked it. Did you say that once the constipation was gone, the fissures stopped?

Was this serious or something that has gone over my head haha.

I eat about 60-120g cheese per day usually. Perhaps this is going back to the constipation issue.

The only thing I see hemorrhoid on his emails was that aspirin contaminants and mag oxide impurities can cause them.

Thank you, I saw some of Travis's posts about turmeric recently too actually and was very interested by it. Do you know what sort of amounts of turmeric are required?

9. OP
    raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

No cracked heels. Not sure what other signs there are of calcification, my last blood test (6 months ago) Calcium was within range.

10. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

I just posted something about pantothenic acid and choline, both can be helpful in adequate amounts. Perhaps you're lacking some of the B-vitamins.
    Regarding impurities, it was just so you consider what you've been supplementing as a culprit, including or not contaminants.
    I have no idea how much turmeric and I'm not sure if it applies to your case. I have the impression that marmalade can be soothing and have a soft-bulking effect that goes against the effect of cheese, due to the anti-inflammatory compounds combined with a lot of fiber.

11. OP
    raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

It wouldn't surprise me if I was low in B vitamins, eggs and liver have been lacking recently. The only things I have been supplementing recently were topical D and A, perhaps I need to try some brewers yeast steeped water, or just increase the liver amounts.

I may give marmalade a try too, thanks.

12. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

People that are repulsed by eggs can have problems with choline metabolism. If you relate, you can try to eat them along with white carrots or Ray's bamboo shoots for a while. The fiber binds the fatty material and hopefully the watery vitamins are still absorbed, which is what you need. At the same time it prevents providing food for bacteria if some escapes digestion. Just some speculations.
    All in all, supplementing B-vitamins if needed is better than becoming deficient.

13. Janelle525

Janelle525 Member

Well that's a bummer.

14. x-ray peat

x-ray peat Member

I had them for a while and then got a stool for when I poop. (no pun intended) i.e. squatty potty. no problems since. also I upped my magnesium to relieve any constipation

15. dfspcc20

dfspcc20 Member

Bidet attachment for your toilet will also be your best friend.

16. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

A lack of fiber is likely a great contributor. You're probably eating mostly foods that don't ferment, but your intestines have to move fast to not have a problem from this. Cheese is very safe and sterilizing, bacteria can't feast on it and so they won't attract water when there's no substrate, and instead they probably switch to a more or less hibernating state; for that, less water than normal is desired; it's what Ray talked about happening in deserts, but to a much milder degree. This in turn makes everything very dry and the butthole is injured by a drier stool. I believe it's that simple. And I also believe it's more about finding agreeable fiber than avoiding fermentable ones, unless they're in excess.
    Papayas, mangoes, apples, dates, figs, persimmons, etc; can help.

Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki
    But were milk carbs present?
    So, even plain lactose for example, as I posted elsewhere, will do.

17. Brother John

Brother John Member

I have no idea if this is "Peaty" but citrus bioflavonoids have helped several people I know. Supposed to add strength to capillaries. Brand used: Twin Lab. Product: Citrus bioflavonoids. (not vitamin C with bioflavonoids)
    Good luck! (I have no biz connect with Twin Labs)

18. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Grate or be grated, as they say...

19. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Lime + salt..

20. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

I'm still laughing from this one.. :ss
    Ps.: doesn't count as a PM reply!