paymanz

Lol sorry , couldn't find better tittle for this.

Probably low, nonantibacterial dose of doxycycline is what we need for these effects. Like 20-40mg a day.

Antioxidant Response of Osteoblasts to Doxycycline in an Inflammatory Model Induced by C-reactive Protein and Interleukin-6

Objectives: Investigation of osteoblastic responses to oxidative stress, induced by C-reactive protein (CRP) and IL-6 and ameliorating effects of doxycycline (Dox); using assays for 5-alpha dihydrotestosterone (DHT) as an antioxidant marker of healing. IL-6 and CRP are risk markers of periodontitis and prevalent comorbidities in periodontitis subjects. Methods: Confluent monolayer cultures of osteoblasts were incubated with radiolabelled testosterone (14C-T) as substrate, in the presence or absence (Control) of pre-determined optimal concentrations of CRP, IL-6, Dox; alone and in combination (n=8) for 24h in MEM. The eluent was solvent-extracted for steroid metabolites. They were separated using TLC in a benzene/ acetone solvent system 4:1 v/v; and quantified using radioisotope scanning. The identity of formed metabolites was confirmed using the mobility of cold standards added to the samples and disclosed in iodine. Further confirmation of the authenticity of DHT was carried out by combined gas chromatrography-mass spectrometry, after derivatization to pentafluorobenzyloxime trimethyl silyl ether. Results: The yields of DHT from 14C-testosterone showed 2-fold and 1.8-fold- inhibition in response to IL-6 and CRP respectively and 28% stimulation in response to Dox, via the 5-alpha reductase pathway. The combination of IL-6 + CRP showed a 2-fold reduction in the yields of DHT, elevated to control values when combined with Dox (n=8; p<0.001). Yields of 4-androstenedione showed an inverse relationship to those of DHT, in response to the agents tested, in keeping with the 17-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase pathway. Conclusions: Inhibition of DHT synthesis in osteoblasts by IL-6 and CRP was overcome by doxycycline. Oxidative actions of IL-6 and CRP; and antioxidant actions of Dox are reinforced by the metabolic yields of DHT in response to agents tested. Using a novel metabolically active model allows closer extrapolation to in vivo conditions; in the context of adjunctive therapeutic applications for periodontitis and prevalent comorbidities.

In view of the significance of IL-6 and CRP in chronic inflammatory diseases and the anti-inflammatory role of doxycycline, it is relevant to study the effects of these agents alone and in combination in a cell culture model of human osteoblasts, using DHT as a marker of inflammation and oxidative stress; using a novel metabolically active system which would be closer to in vivo conditions.

Similarly, agents with antioxidant and proanabolic actions such as doxycycline could also be proactive via AR, using DHT as a marker

Last edited:

Vinero

One way of thinking about this is that doxycycline normalizes DHT production in people where DHT is suppressed due to high inflammation.
Aspirin is another thing which lowers CRP. CRP is elevated due to infections in the body.

My personal anecdotal experience says doxy is anabolic.

@Alex Jaramillo

I did 2 weeks x 200mg per day. Lost some fat and gained some muscles. I was 3 months ago and I still feel difference but I would say this post-treatment anabolic affect is a result from improved metabolic activity rather then direct anabolic affect of doxy. Any way my grow rate is much much much better then before doxy, but Im doing lots of thing, I mean supps and regimes, and I could not attribute this improvment to doxy only.

T

TheBeard

@Alex Jaramillo

I did 2 weeks x 200mg per day. Lost some fat and gained some muscles. I was 3 months ago and I still feel difference but I would say this post-treatment anabolic affect is a result from improved metabolic activity rather then direct anabolic affect of doxy. Any way my grow rate is much much much better then before doxy, but Im doing lots of thing, I mean supps and regimes, and I could not attribute this improvment to doxy only.

Would you say it's more effective in improving digestion and metabolism than penicillin or amoxicillin if you have ever tried these other two?

Would you say it's more effective in improving digestion and metabolism than penicillin or amoxicillin if you have ever tried these other two?
I had multiple,20+ probably, amoxicillin courses when I was a kid, I would say it's more like abuse of amoxicillin by **** Soviet/Russian "doctors". Yep, I was a always sick kid. This is for sure one of the reasons my health is in its current bad state. But again it is overprescription and abuse.

Last time I had amoxicillin+clavaunic acid course before peating about 4 years ago for skin infection I got in one tropical country. This certainly improved my body temperature I noticed I dont freeze anymore in an air-conditioned bus.

I believe I have never taken penicillin.

T

TheBeard

I had multiple,20+ probably, amoxicillin courses when I was a kid, I would say it's more like abuse of amoxicillin by **** Soviet/Russian "doctors". Yep, I was a always sick kid. This is for sure one of the reasons my health is in its current bad state. But again it is overprescription and abuse.

Last time I had amoxicillin+clavaunic acid course before peating about 4 years ago for skin infection I got in one tropical country. This certainly improved my body temperature I noticed I dont freeze anymore in an air-conditioned bus.

I believe I have never taken penicillin.

Thanks.
How does the improvement post Augmentin compare to the improvement post Doxy?

I would say amoxy+clav was better but it was before peat. I had doxy already peating so not that dramatic effect. But it was like "wow I don't hate AC anymore"

Back
Top Bottom