An Orison Of Combie

Combie

So as not to further hijack Charlie's minocycline log, and to present this info more coherently, I am starting a log of my attempt to clear, sterilise and recolonise my gut.
I am using Grapefruit Seed Extract and Augmentin as antibiotics and macrogol as a laxative. My aim is to first clear and sterilise my gut using these. Then I plan to use kefir grain retention enemas and S. Boulardii to recolonise my gut.

Friday 14th

Took the following;

3/4 pint OJ,
big pinch of bicarb to neutralise acid
topped up with hot water for nice warm drink
4 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract
1/2 tablet augmentin
Sachet of Macrogol

I repeated this twice more, but without antibiotics and 2 sachets instead of one.
I was drinking sweet tea with milk in between. No other foods.

I began to have negative symptoms, primarily headache, and also waves of tiredness. I initially thought this was a herxheimer reaction and took 600mg aspirin to combat it. The waves of tiredness were very similar to that which I had experienced in the past during colonic irrigation.

I also took 25mg Zinc, as it had been drawn to my attention that I was probably not getting enough. Not related to this experiment specifically. I also took approx 1/6th grain Thiroyd and 1/2 tsp Taurine as part of my usual regime.

I had small bouts of diarrhoea during the evening, which were gentle and very controllable. The tiredness and more so the headaches continued through the evening.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Clearing the intestinal slate log

I will be watching your log about well, potential logs, with interest. :lol:

This kefir grain thing is truly interesting. Wish we could nail down if "good bacteria" is really needed or if a good metabolism is what truly gets the job done.

OP
C

Combie

Saturday 15th December

I hadn't slept well for about a week, and despite having only 5 hours sleep, woke feeling very rested considering the short duration, most noticeable was massively improved energy, and fantastic mood. However, I was craving nicotine.

About perhaps 1 hour after rising I had a cup of tea. I noticed that I was again getting the tiredness and headache which had been focussing on the base of my skull left side. It became apparent that the tea was causing this. My mood dropped massively, which was extremely apparent as I had spent the most wonderful early morning with my son, looking at an atlas, explaining his Irish roots visually on the map. I suddenly began feeling rather crap, and became impatient and tetchy. It occurred to me at this point that it was the tea. After perhaps an hour, some thiroyd and pregnenolone, my energy and mood returned with a vengeance!! I felt absolutely amazing, possibly as well as if ever felt!

Had some sausages (pork, pufa laden, but all I had). No effect on mood. Ace.

Around 3pm, I got it into my head I had not had enough protein and had approx 12g whey protein and 300mg Calcium Carbonate in a small amount of water.

BIG BIG MISTAKE.

Within 5 minutes, severe abdominal cramps, particularly underneath my left ribcage. This seemed to get worse and worse. Headaches, but not in a specific area like before. Mood dropped a little because of the pain. Then things got worse as I had taken the protein immediately before leaving the house. I was unable to find any suitable OJ, the shop I trusted and planned to go to had none in stock. I started to feel really hot, as I had taken my usual dose if Thiroyd, but no food. Got hyper and impatient for about an hour until I got some approved OJ.

I have repeated last nights protocol but with double the amount of antibiotics and macrogol (8 drops GSE, 1 tablet Augmentin and 2 sachets macrogol).

Another OJ with 2 sachets, no more antibiotics. Slight headache and tiredness. Brought up lots of trapped wind, feel better but not great. 600mg aspirin.

Plan to repeat the last dose twice more tonight, the macrogol leaflets recommend 8 sachets in a six hour period for severe blockages.

More zinc

OP
C

Combie

Just to add some background..

I'm male, 35 years old, currently 168 lbs (as of Thursday morning).
Around age 20, I began to suffer from anxiety, yeast infections, vision decreased noticeably (short sightedness), male pattern baldness, eye twitching (always in left eyelid) and a stuffy nose (this was not apparent to me though as had suffered breathing probs as result of a broken nose at age 15). I also noticed that my tolerance for alcohol deceased dramatically, I began having drunken blackouts with violent and abusive outbursts, which I could never remember of course. These are all signs of a stressed body. The onset of these symptoms coincided with an extremely acrimonious split from my girlfriend of 2 years. We had discovered she was pregnant, which is stressful enough for a 19 year old who did no plan it. However I found that she had been cheating for 3 months, and could not be sure the baby was mine. 9 months after the birth of my daughter I was confirmed as dad by DNA testing and met my daughter for the first time. 3 months later my access was withdrawn and I fought a lengthy court battle for parental responsibility which lasted until my daughter was 2, by which time I had only seen her in 1 hour periods at a supervised contact centre populated primarily by sexual and violent offenders who for some unexplained reason had 5 or 6 hour contact sessions. My relationship with my daughter has never been great as a result, but I do my best.

Stressful eh?

Around age 27 I had an operation to remove haemorrhoids and was prescribed lactulose as a stool softener. I reacted extremely badly to the very first dose, spent 2 days running between bed and toilet. I became lactose intolerant overnight. I had had no problem before, White Russians were my favourite drink and I was happily able to drink half a gallon of milk in one sitting.

Around a year later I woke to chest pains and shortness of breath after a night of alcohol and some cocaine. I thought I was having a heart attack, and went to the accident and emergency dept of my local hospital. After ECG and various other tests the doctor confirmed I was not having a heart attack and said I should stop smoking (thanks for enlightening me doc, I genuinely thought these things were good for you!). As I was leaving, a nurse pulled me to one side and said in her opinion I was having an anxiety attack. I had never considered that I was anxious at all til that point. I did not realise it had physical manifestations, thought it was all in the mind.

I have smoked cigarettes since age 13 and cannabis since 14. Around 21 years old I noticed that the cannabis was making my left arm hurt, I have a long standing rotator cuff injury sustained around this time, so again anxiety wasn't suspected. I quit cigarettes in 2006 (but still smoked dope) and stayed quit until the birth of my son in 2009. My ex partner nearly died in childbirth and was in a coma for 2 days and intensive care for a further 10. The most stressful event of my life by far as I'm sure you can understand. My hair loss, anxiety etc all increased and I also became depressed despite having a wonderful son and a fully recovered partner. I started a low carb diet which after 2 months had made everything worse. My cannabis intake increased, causing breakup of the relationship. My cannabis intake skyrocketed.

After my anxiety attack experience I began researching nutrition and health, but have never made any headway until finding Ray Peat in 2010.

I'm trying not to get excited about how great I've been feeling lately, but when my desire to smoke and my anxiety DISAPPEARED after taking thyroid and pregnenolone (and 4 months of not exactly Peat, but real foods diet since my ex departed, who was/is a big junk food user, which made it hard for me to follow any diet) I feel like I've got one hand on the holy grail. I just need to sort this gut problem out.

Thanks Ray! And thanks Charlie for giving me a new home!

I've realised that this post is more for me than for you, but the fact I even wrote it speaks volumes about how far I've come in a short space of time. Hope I didn't bore you with my life story!

OP
C

Combie

Phew! I really hope the all night garage sells toilet paper because we are rocking and rolling in fine fashion!!! :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Dude, you have been through the ringer, wow! Thank you for sharing your life story. I am just like, wow. You have had to deal with a ton of sh*t. So much so, it even stressed me out reading it. I honestly cannot imagine. Just goes to show, we even need to be more empathetic to each other because we all have a story and most of the time, it isnt easy. Much love to you my friend.

Well hey man. It looks like you are on the upswing, on the right track. And it makes me happy that you have had one of your best days and sharing it here with us. I hope for you to have so many good days that you lose count of them.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Combie said:
Phew! I really hope the all night garage sells toilet paper because we are rocking and rolling in fine fashion!!! :D

Like narouz says, pics or it didnt happen! :lol:

Got some major cleaning out going on in this thread, stand back! :toiletclaw

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
Dude, you have been through the ringer, wow! Thank you for sharing your life story. I am just like, wow. You have had to deal with a ton of sh*t. So much so, it even stressed me out reading it. I honestly cannot imagine. Just goes to show, we even need to be more empathetic to each other because we all have a story and most of the time, it isnt easy. Much love to you my friend.

Well hey man. It looks like you are on the upswing, on the right track. And it makes me happy that you have had one of your best days and sharing it here with us. I hope for you to have so many good days that you lose count of them.
Had to get that out man. Never been anywhere where I would have felt comfortable saying all that. I've only been here 5 mins but I know this is the place for me. A godsend. Thanks again dude. And thanks for your continued support. We will all get through our respective problems together of that I'm sure.

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
Combie said:

Like narouz says, pics or it didnt happen! :lol:

Got some major cleaning out going on in this thread, stand back! :toiletclaw
I can start logging (ha!) pan shots if you want fella! Not pretty tho!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Combie said:
Had to get that out man. Never been anywhere where I would have felt comfortable saying all that. I've only been here 5 mins but I know this is the place for me. A godsend. Thanks again dude. And thanks for your continued support. We will all get through our respective problems together of that I'm sure.

You always got my ear if you need it. Again thanks for sharing, it obviously is part of your healing to do that.

Yep, we are all in this together. Much love to everyone here.

Combie said:
I can start logging (ha!) pan shots if you want fella! Not pretty tho!

Sure, take the shots and send them to narouzs PM and spare the rest of us the details. :rolling

kiran

Charlie said:
Sure, take the shots and send them to narouzs PM and spare the rest of us the details. :rolling

Narouz will give us the details in poetry, so watch what you ask for, hmm?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

kiran said:
Charlie said:

Oh man, what have I started? :rolling :error

OP
C

Combie

kiran said:
Charlie said:

Could do you a limerick?

There once was a man from blighty
Whose problems were fearsome and mighty
He drank loads of juice
And his bowels became loose
And he was never so pleased to be shitey

:D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I am laughing so hard my head hurts. Make it stop!!! :rollingred :rofl :rolling

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
I am laughing so hard my head hurts. Make it stop!!! :rollingred :rofl :rolling
:D have an aspirin!

Rachel

Combie said:
I've realised that this post is more for me than for you, but the fact I even wrote it speaks volumes about how far I've come in a short space of time. Hope I didn't bore you with my life story!
Congrats on the progress, Combie! :dancenanner

OP
C

Combie

Rachel said:
Combie said:
Congrats on the progress, Combie! :dancenanner
Thanks Rachel! I literally feel like a new man. Just have to work on looking like one!

OP
C

Combie

I feel good

I knew that I would

I feeeeel nice

Gonna have some ribeye and rice

So good

So gooood

Cause I've got you....

:D

Full report later guys.

Ray-Z

Combie:

For Peat's sake, man, your bio includes enough unpleasant events to make us all bald. I hope those experiences give you a bit of extra strength for tangling with bacteria, inflammation, and whatever else gets in the way of your health and happiness. Best of luck to you...

OP
C

Combie

Ray-Z said:
Combie:

For Peat's sake, man, your bio includes enough unpleasant events to make us all bald. I hope those experiences give you a bit of extra strength for tangling with bacteria, inflammation, and whatever else gets in the way of your health and happiness. Best of luck to you...
For Peats sake - class!!! Love it.

I've read it back to myself a few times now and there's loads more really. This all started I think around age 10, when I moved 250 or so miles away from all my family and friends. That was massive, I was never the same boy after that. The single biggest thing I think is getting my thoughts out, externalise them. I have audio clips on my phone I recorded while very very stoned and depressed. Recording those has been the turning point I think. I knew all this stuff, I just couldn't get it together to apply it. But now I have and oh my Peat has it worked wonders!!! :lol: :D :P