An Orison Of Combie

chris

"Ive reduced it the last few days after reading Matt Stone's ebook "Eat for Heat""

Would it be possible to briefly say what Stones main ideas are, that aren't already accepted by people on this forum, for people that can't afford to buy the book?

OP
C

Combie

chris said:
"Ive reduced it the last few days after reading Matt Stone's ebook "Eat for Heat""

Would it be possible to briefly say what Stones main ideas are, that aren't already accepted by people on this forum, for people that can't afford to buy the book?
OK, in a nutshell, the dilution of your extracelllular fluids makes a massive difference to your metabolic rate. So less fluid and more minerals.

I paid 77p for the kindle edition

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Heat-Metabo ... 588&sr=8-1

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
Interesting. Prolly take me at least a couple weeks to burn off the extra T4 so we shall see if that is what going on with me to.

I guess I need to read Eat for Heat to. Seems like everyone else is.

Suppose that depends on how much/how long youve been taking it. Expect to feel worse before you feel better, sore throat is highly likely too i think. This i think is the thyroid gland kicking back in.

chris

Combie said:
chris said:

OK, in a nutshell, the dilution of your extracelllular fluids makes a massive difference to your metabolic rate. So less fluid and more minerals.

I paid 77p for the kindle edition

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Heat-Metabo ... 588&sr=8-1

Just worked out you can download Kindle books onto your PC without owning a Kindle... Brilliant. Just starting to read it now.

chris

Very happy with the price. I'm not overly keen on Matts writing style but he raises some interesting points. His meal plan guides seem quite weak nutritionally and doesn't seem concerned with pufa although none of it is extremely high pufa, i've taken on board too much liquid issues.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Combie said:
Charlie said:
Interesting. Prolly take me at least a couple weeks to burn off the extra T4 so we shall see if that is what going on with me to.

Suppose that depends on how much/how long youve been taking it. Expect to feel worse before you feel better, sore throat is highly likely too i think. This i think is the thyroid gland kicking back in.

Taking it for far too long I suppose. :( If I remember correctly, one of the reasons I changed over to thiroyd was because I thought thyroid-s was constipating me. So maybe just maybe, it was. I wont be supplementing thyroid for a while now.

chris said:
Very happy with the price. I'm not overly keen on Matts writing style but he raises some interesting points. His meal plan guides seem quite weak nutritionally and doesn't seem concerned with pufa although none of it is extremely high pufa, i've taken on board too much liquid issues.

I have crashed myself drinking to much liquid, so yeh, he is right about that. Maybe if I had a better metabolism I could handle the liquids better.

OP
C

Combie

chris said:
No Ive never liked his writing style either, or his blasé attitude to things like pufa and wheat. And definitely not the way he has to sell sell sell everything he learns. But the liquid thing I'm on board with and I think it may address a lot of concerns people have with the amount of liquid in a rigid peat diet. If that book wasn't as cheap as it was I wouldn't have touched it. I got burnt by one of his books before. But I'd heard good things about this one

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
Combie said:
Charlie said:

Taking it for far too long I suppose. :( If I remember correctly, one of the reasons I changed over to thiroyd was because I thought thyroid-s was constipating me. So maybe just maybe, it was. I wont be supplementing thyroid for a while now.

chris said:

I have crashed myself drinking to much liquid, so yeh, he is right about that. Maybe if I had a better metabolism I could handle the liquids better.
Have u any t3 Charlie?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No, I have not decided if I am going to try it yet. I think I need to try to get any excess thyroid hormone out of my body now. Still having these heart palpitations.

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
No, I have not decided if I am going to try it yet. I think I need to try to get any excess thyroid hormone out of my body now. Still having these heart palpitations.
It's the t4 that's the problem though mate. I never got constiapted on t3. Rest may be best though.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I hear ya. Just feel like I need a break at this point. I guess it takes a while to burn through this T4.

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
I hear ya. Just feel like I need a break at this point. I guess it takes a while to burn through this T4.
I dont think it a case of "burning through it" mate. The excess T4 becomes rT3 i believe, rendering it useless for anything. T3 will theoretically keep you going and displace the rT3. If im not mistaken of course

But yeah, a break. Ride it out for a few days and see whats what.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh Ok.

Maybe I should go ahead and get some T3 on order.

chris

Combie said:
No Ive never liked his writing style either, or his blasé attitude to things like pufa and wheat. And definitely not the way he has to sell sell sell everything he learns. But the liquid thing I'm on board with and I think it may address a lot of concerns people have with the amount of liquid in a rigid peat diet. If that book wasn't as cheap as it was I wouldn't have touched it.

My thoughts exactly. May start trying to eat a bit more cheese and less milk, although milk is much cheaper per gram of protein. Possibly drink less juice as well, although thats possibly the only fruit sugar source I tolerate.

OP
C

Combie

chris said:
Combie said:
No Ive never liked his writing style either, or his blasé attitude to things like pufa and wheat. And definitely not the way he has to sell sell sell everything he learns. But the liquid thing I'm on board with and I think it may address a lot of concerns people have with the amount of liquid in a rigid peat diet. If that book wasn't as cheap as it was I wouldn't have touched it.

My thoughts exactly. May start trying to eat a bit more cheese and less milk, although milk is much cheaper per gram of protein. Possibly drink less juice as well, although thats possibly the only fruit sugar source I tolerate.
I have started putting a pinch of salt and double the sugar in my coffee, and drinking only 200ml juice at a time, with added calcium and salt. Its one of those things where the amount taken at a time is relevant, not so much total daily intake.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I cut way back on salt due to worrying about kidney damage. I was taking an 1/8th a teaspoon with every meal and snack. I pretty much cut back on all supplementing because it seems I always overdo it. :(

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
I cut way back on salt due to worrying about kidney damage. I was taking an 1/8th a teaspoon with every meal and snack. I pretty much cut back on all supplementing because it seems I always overdo it. :(
My feeling is that if it tastes too salty, it is. and vice versa.

kettlebell

Charlie said:

Im not sure what to make of the Salt-Kidney damage thing. Is there any truth to that? I use large amounts of salt a day and need to to maintain my temps - Its a key player for me. Lots of people eating this way get a lot of salt each day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I dunno KB. If you believe what the net says that its bad and will eventually cause havoc. Kidney damage takes a long time to happen from what I gather. Its not a fast deal.

OP
C

Combie

kettlebell said:
Charlie said:

Im not sure what to make of the Salt-Kidney damage thing. Is there any truth to that? I use large amounts of salt a day and need to to maintain my temps - Its a key player for me. Lots of people eating this way get a lot of salt each day.
Ive been thinking that any discomfort in the kidney area is the adrenals adjusting, rather than kidney probs. I think if salt f*#ked the kidneys Ray would have said..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals