An Orison Of Combie

kiran

Combie said:
I have eaten almost exclusively basmati rice for years. I do like the taste, but the reason I always ate this is a throwback many years to when I believed in GI/GL, as basmati is one of the highest in amylose, the slow digesting starch. I am going to explore amylopectin based varieties, as these have higher GI, thus digest more quickly. Can't not have rice, but unless I'm careful to really cook the arse off it, it's no good to me.

I have issues with basmati rice too. It's one of the 2 things (the other is eggplant) that causes constipation for me. Pre-soaking it in a culture for 12-24 hours definitely helps, but just using a medium grain rice like sona masoori is easier.

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
OOOOH, oops, well, bummer. :(
I really think its pigging out on gelatin squares thats the problem, it started before I even took the cap now i think about it the jellies have been a bit iffy all the way through. We're talking a minuscule amount of rice flour. Gotta be careful with the dissolving of the gelatin.

Just eaten, discomfort gone. Preg kicked in, feel good despite vitriol-by-SMS from my ex partner. Happy days. :)

OP
C

Combie

kiran said:
Combie said:
I have eaten almost exclusively basmati rice for years. I do like the taste, but the reason I always ate this is a throwback many years to when I believed in GI/GL, as basmati is one of the highest in amylose, the slow digesting starch. I am going to explore amylopectin based varieties, as these have higher GI, thus digest more quickly. Can't not have rice, but unless I'm careful to really cook the arse off it, it's no good to me.

I have issues with basmati rice too. It's one of the 2 things (the other is eggplant) that causes constipation for me. Pre-soaking it in a culture for 12-24 hours definitely helps, but just using a medium grain rice like sona masoori is easier.
Sona masoori. Will give it a shot thanks. Gonna try paella and risotto rice, need to expand my menu. I really can't do without rice. It's a real staple for me.

OP
C

Combie

24th December - Happy xmas eve folks!

Nothing major to report tbh.

Sweet pots continue to be a resounding success when cooked 45 mins.
Rice ive been really boiling the crap out of until like a mush, great, no probs now really.
Have been experimenting with a tiny tiny crumb of thyroid, little and often. Seems ok actually, but still not convinced dessicated only is the way for me, going to try the following once i get some T3;

8x 1/8th doses of T3 at regular intervals
2x 1/8th doses of NDT after breakfast and evening meal, to spread the release of T4 over a longer period.

totals
T3 - 27.25mcg
T4 - 4.75mcg

This should give me the energy to start fixing whatevers wrong in my liver and get converting T4 properly again. Dosages can be upped if necessary, but i really want more than anything to keep an even keel.

Basically 10 small doses of thyroid hormone spread throughout the day at maybe 1.5 hr intervals. I need to be getting more T3, but the T4 is screwing me.

Im working on a full regime for the new year to cover a few bases..will post up for critique in the coming days.

Just been reading through a few old posts - "do what you feel not what you think" - omg blase or what?? :oops:

Have a great Xmas folks....steer clear of those turkey legs and brussels sprouts! :lol:

OP
C

Combie

26th December

Major breakthrough on the bowel front.

For the last 2 days i have;

taken 1/2 augmentin tablet twice a day with meals
eaten 1/2 tin bamboo shoots in a soup made with clams and chicken stock
taken 1 capsule of S. Boulardii
taken 2 capsules of standard acidophilus probiotic capsules as a makeshift suppository
taken tiny crumbs of Thiroyd as and whe i feel i need to or remember

The effects have been OUTSTANDING
The last 2 mornings at exactly the same time i have had BM's like never before - big, well formed and satisfying.
Today i had another large one after eating.
This is even more significant when you consider what ive eaten the last 2 days. Commercial chocolate, pizza, white toast, bread, cake, even a little breakfast cereal with milk - the worst things you could think of. Yet apart from colour and smell differences, it has kept on flowing...

The discharge stuff seems to, while not be 100% gone, reduced to a bare minimum. I have the wheat itches too, so cutting out the wheat altogether is obviously going to be even more beneficial.

My vision is much better, my eyes sparkle, and I havent had white rice since the evening of the 24th.

Obviously, once i stop the antibiotic, i can see if the effects are going to endure, but this is the best pooing ive done for a long time.

I think the tiny doses of thyroid are massively key here too. My energy, mood and brain power have been good, not perfect. But my digestion is tip top for now. Doing the same with T3 i think is going to be even better. Especially when i quit smoking and let my body have the oxygen it wants.

Other things..

Sweet potatoes -

showing signs of carotenmia in my calluses now. Have been eating about 1/2 - 2 cups of it a day. Going to reduce to 1 cup a day for the next 7 days to see if it resolves, and come to some sort of dosage. All other things considered, sweet pots are on the menu for the foreseeable..

Gelatin and stock

The clam soup i made gives me the wood. Well, its not wood, or even really a semi, more like heavy, but not hard. Not horny as such, but ready to be at a moments notice. Ive been making jelly squares with pork gelatin (much, much better jelly for this purpose), eating loads, and didnt really get anything off it. So im thinking its definitely the combo of zinc and gelatin doing it. Happy happy me ive got a date later this week and guess what im having as a pre date snack?? The effect seems to wear off though by next morning, so a thermos in my rucksack? Haha bit more presumptious than bringing a condom id say.

Twitching eyelid muscle

This has come and gone since the start of my troubles. Had it for about 6 weeks now, just get used to it after a while. Been using homemade magnesium oil - made it worse. Using calcium carbonate - made it worse. Use both - big improvements for short time. Chronically low in Mg and Ca methinks

Urinating a lot

Definitely only happens when i havent eaten for some time, and stops after i eat. Found some multi test strips yesterday, but resolved to not start testing my urine on xmas day! My feeling is more that its rapid glycogen consumption rather than anything more sinister, but will see. Going to book a visit to doctors and get some tests done anyway.

Hope you all had a great xmas..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am jealous of your logs man! :lol: All I have to do is eat pizza huh?

Sounds like you are making good progress, way to go!

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
I am jealous of your logs man! :lol: All I have to do is eat pizza huh?

Sounds like you are making good progress, way to go!
May be worth trying the little and often route with Thiroyd Charlie. I just broke a few tablets into little bits, put them in a small tub and just take a teensy speck every so often. Really seems to be the way for me. I think it's a combo of all the things I've done though.

Not saying pizza had anything to do with it...!

OP
C

Combie

29th December

The bamboo shoots have been a revelation on the stool front. I did a test day of eating none, bowels were less than great. Back on bamboo..near perfect stools again.

My clearer vision seems to be enduring, if a little up and down, and my discharge has all but cleared up.

I have made a concerted attempt to get my calcium intake up. Ive been using 1/4tsp calcium carbonate mixed with orange juice 2-3 times a day. Also re-introduced cheese and cream with no problems other than dark circles which i think as long as i can keep my metabolism going, will clear up. The most noticable effect is being warm like all the time. Falling asleep warm, waking up warm. This is good as ive been finding myself major hypo in the mornings. I have been clearly mouth breathing in the night, waking sluggish, cold and with massive headache. That seems to have gone now im having a little cheese before bed. I have noticed i seem to be sleeping supine, rather than the foetal position, which suggests a relief of night time stress. I have also been waking hungry, which is unusual for me. All good signs. Get your calcium, no joke.

I have also been upping my gelatin intake, and my libido has definitely, definitely improved (i tried it out!). :D There definitely seems to be something about stock with clams cooked in shell. Maybe something from the shell, i dont know, but the effect seems much more pronounced with clam/prawn soup as opposed to mussel/prawn/squid.

I have been trying to take no fluids that were not accompanied by calories and minerals.

Thiroyd wise, ive been taking a bare minimum. Its too much of a double edged sword. While neither are super great, I seem to be very stable in mood and energy. I cant wait to quit smoking and get some T3, things will be awesome then.

Ive been wondering about excess pregnenolone as a source of estrogen?? I have been taking 100mg a day minimum, and i think either its too much, or the brand is crap.

chris

Combie - What calcium carbonate do you use? Or do you just use egg shells?

As far as I'm aware, taking pregnenolone with a large amount of sugar reduces any estrogen problems with it, what brand did you purchase?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice progress Combie. When I introduced milk I could definitely notice the metabolism increase from the calcium.

Rachel

Combie said:
29th December

The bamboo shoots have been a revelation on the stool front. I did a test day of eating none, bowels were less than great. Back on bamboo..near perfect stools again. And... as an added bonus... you will have bee-yew-tee-full skin, nails and hair from all that bamboo! :)

I have been clearly mouth breathing in the night, waking sluggish, cold and with massive headache. That seems to have gone now im having a little cheese before bed. Whew. Nightly duct tape averted! I have noticed i seem to be sleeping supine, rather than the foetal position, which suggests a relief of night time stress. I have also been waking hungry, which is unusual for me. All good signs. Get your calcium, no joke.

I have also been upping my gelatin intake, and my libido has definitely, definitely improved (i tried it out!). :D There definitely seems to be something about stock with clams cooked in shell. Maybe something from the shell, i dont know, but the effect seems much more pronounced with clam/prawn soup as opposed to mussel/prawn/squid.

I have been trying to take no fluids that were not accompanied by calories and minerals.

Thiroyd wise, ive been taking a bare minimum. Its too much of a double edged sword. While neither are super great, I seem to be very stable in mood and energy. I cant wait to quit smoking and get some T3, things will be awesome then.

Ive been wondering about excess pregnenolone as a source of estrogen?? I have been taking 100mg a day minimum, and i think either its too much, or the brand is crap. What's going on that has you thinking this?

OP
C

Combie

chris said:
Combie - What calcium carbonate do you use? Or do you just use egg shells?

As far as I'm aware, taking pregnenolone with a large amount of sugar reduces any estrogen problems with it, what brand did you purchase?
NOW calcium carbonate and Life Extension Pregnenolone. Ive got a fair bit of the calcium to get through, then will prob go onto eggshells. Ive been mixing 1/4 tsp into 250ml OJ with a tablespoon or so of a strong salt solution. Im getting most of the calcium as carbonate, as its only when theres juice left in the bottle that has warmed a bit that you get any fizz, that is, calcium citrate.. Theres enough neutralisation of acid to make the juice more pleasant to drink even when its cold out the fridge, so seems a good way to get supplemental calcium

Rachel said:
And... as an added bonus... you will have bee-yew-tee-full skin, nails and hair from all that bamboo! :)
Well funnily enough my skin is smooth and silky atm, but i think this is from the K2. Ive noticed this before when ive taken it. I remember Stephan Guyenet of whole health source blog reporting the same effect. New nails and hair would be nice though. Im going to up the amount of bamboo shoots as i find them more palatable than raw carrot and could make a nice easy snack.. Just need some basic recipes. Ray says he has them with egg or cheese sauce...how to make those though?

Rachel said:
What's going on that has you thinking this?
It just doesnt seem to be as potent at double the dose. Still effective for my anxiety, but mood has dropped. On reflection i think this is probably more to do with taking less thyroid hormone though.

chris

Rachel said:
bee-yew-tee-full skin, nails and hair from all that bamboo! :)

My hairs been in really good condition recently, I think its from a lot of vitamin E, although I've been taking K2 as well, I've taken K2 in the past and not noticed this.

OP
C

Combie

K2 seems to have an almost overnight effect on my skin. Not noticed nails imrove though, still have ridged nails and no lunulae. Hair wise, my eyebrows feel silkier, and my remaining hair does feel spikier, more strong. I am really hoping for a little hair regrowth. Another thing i noticed while high on thyroid, was i get crazy hairs in my eyebrows, like fishing line, that seem to grow really fast.. These went away, are back now. Anyone know about these?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, I THINK Dr. Peat has talked about this fast growing hair somewhere. The hair grows out all fast and wire-ey when metabolism is cranking.

OP
C

Combie

2nd January 2013 - Happy New Year folks...

Conclusions for 2012

Natural Dessicated Thyroid is powerful stuff that should be respected and even feared! I think it should only be used where an actual deficiency of endogenous thyroid hormone is present. Adding additional T4 to a system that has ample T4, yet can cannot use it, is foolhardy and leads to far far worse symptoms then not using it at all. The initial infusion of a little T3 makes you feel better in the short term (hours) but the build up of T4 leads to a shot digestive system in the longer term (days).

Pregnenolone is the shiz-nit! A real godsend in terms of relieving anxiety. Ive noticed that there is an effect of diminishing returns. 50mg a day (Swanson brand) was a good dose, but 100mg a day (Life Extension) seems to have little or even possibly a slight negative effect after a few days. The key to making the most of Pregnenolone is ample T3. I never felt better when taking preg and starting out on Thyroid. The powerful anti-addiction effects were a combination of the two. My desire for cannabis returned after a few days (I slipped off the wagon over New Year, social pressures mainly) without thyroid - BUT - The overwhelming acute anxiety that has come with smoking dope for so long has gone. Not that im going back to weed, but was very interesting to note the effect preg has had on the whole experience.

Antibiotics, bamboo shoots and sticking probiotics up your bum is the way forward with regard fixing a dodgy gut. Its very early days, i cant expect to rectify years of abuse in 1 or 2 weeks, but everything has been very promising. I aim to explore this to the full in 2013. The non-systemic antibiotic Rifaxamin(e), coffee enemas, magnesium oxide, raw carrots, bamboo shoots, S. Boulardii, kefir retention enemas and T3 are gonna be the key to fixing this. Glutamine, and stuff like chamomile and aloe will also play a part i feel. The most noticeable and pleasing thing is that my rectal discharge problem is massively reduced. Massively. Ive noticed that excess dairy slows everything right down, and refraining from excessive liquid and having plenty of bulk are helpful.

Gelatin is the key player in improved libido. Zinc and pregnenolone are major players too. I have experimented with collagen dissolved in coffee, gummi squares, Haribo Gold Bears and Games Mix sweets, and homemade stock with chicken feet. Mixed with clams, the stock is far and away the most potent, but all have noticable effects. Beef gelatin gummis had the least effect. Ive noticed as well that reducing liquid intake seems to enhance the effect. Still not sure where bicarb fits in, thinking perhaps the old acid v alkaline thing is a player here.

Liquid intake. Ive reduced it the last few days after reading Matt Stone's ebook "Eat for Heat". The guy is well onto something. When my piss is yellow, body heat, mood, bowel movement and libido all improve. Ive also upped salt and calcium intake and thats been great too. Presumably balancing out all that potassium from the OJ.

Calcium where have you been all my life? Adding calcium back into my diet has been a revelation! I have been supping calcium carbonate, but cheese has been the best thing. Unfortunately i cant seem to stop eating cheese (body saying calcium and salt yes please!), which is a problem as it clogs my gut up. Going to start at 25g a day and build up tolerance.

Talking of tolerance, too much T4 made me essentialy intolerant to everything. While feeling "great" i could not handle coconut oil, tea, and whey, which i never had probs with before really. I seem to be much more tolerant to everything now. I had 4 slices of white toast last night (due to poverty) and have not had the wheat itches at all. Intolerance is by no means a life setence and is highly variable on your current state. I can now eat eggs without the bowel discharge thing, but that seems to be much improved. This is good as I see Peats principles as a tool for healing a body poisoned by modern food and bull**** rather than a diet for life. The aim is to be able to eat what i want, just to be aware of the pros and cons, (which there seems to be for everything), in both the short and long term, and make my food choices and base my preparation methods on the overriding factors like PUFA bad, sugar good, starch possibly iffy etc etc

Smoking cigarettes. Yesterday was an abysmal failure! Took a huge dose of Tyrosine and this was a big mistake. Made me stressed and itrritable for a good few hours, was pissing like a racehorse and got the familiar cold shaky feeling of adrenaline at one point. Its been a long time since i tried any and it seems Peating has massivley reduced my tolerance, which is good. I have taken a much smaller dose today, no problems. Will continue to take the smaller dose throughout today, and see what my desire for nicotine is like tomorrow morning. My feeling though is this is all going to be much much easier when i get some T3. My desire for smoking everything evaporated in the first few days of NDT supplemntaation, before the T4 buildup took effect. I remember now that my desire for caffeine massively diminished at that time too (which gave me a lovely headache). I am looking at the desire for these substances as a sign that the body is lacking rather than a sign of weakness. The desire for everything follows this principle i think, except when the brain and endocrine system are ****88 over by glutamate flavour enhancers, sweeteners etc and poor nutrition in general. Feeling like you NEED anything like this is not good imo. I feel like prior to all this my problems were like a white noise, so many that i couldnt put my finger on what was helping and what was hindering. It all seems so much clearer now, a more defined cause and effect.

I think the overall best thing though has been taking to myself! Via this log mainly and in the early days, directly into a dictaphone app. Hindsight is 20/20 they say - well not when your brainfogged. Getting your feelings recorded in some way makes things so much easier to interpret than terying to do it from memory, especially when you cant remember what you did 10 minutes ago, never mind 10 days..!

Anyways...2012 has been a crazy year! 2013 is where the magic is going to happen though, so long as i can get some more money...eating this much good food and the right supplements in adequate amounts is expensive!

Peace

aL

OP
C

Combie

Reading list 2013. Want to fully digest all these before september 1st

15k5k1.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Combie, you think extra T4 has slowed down your digestion?

OP
C

Combie

I know it Charlie. Once i stopped hammering so much Thiroyd, and then quit altogether, my digestion fired back up. Theres obviously the antibiotics and purging to consider, but these made very little difference whilst on the Thiroyd. I havent had bamboo in the last couple of days and no real difference, the cheese slowed me down, but that has now passed

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Interesting. Prolly take me at least a couple weeks to burn off the extra T4 so we shall see if that is what going on with me to.

I guess I need to read Eat for Heat to. Seems like everyone else is.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals