An Orison Of Combie

OP
C

Combie

Re: Clearing the intestinal slate log

Sunday 16th December

Completed course of macrogol as outlined in saturdays post.

Slept pretty well, but had to rise a couple of times to go toilet. When i woke up in the morning i had a really heavy head, took me a while to get going. I was about to get disheartened when i realised it was something i used to refer to as a "zinc-over". 25mg is too large a dose. I was however very cold in my hands.

This passed in about 10 minutes, got up, had coffee, OJ, Thyroid, pregnenolone, S. Boulardii. Back to deep joy and undescribable love of life.

Had some ribeye steak and white rice. A bit of gurgling, but realised this was because id cooked the rice in chicken stock (for the first time, why try new things at this time?) No change in mood or energy though. Took a digestive enzyme as it had occurred to me id been on juice and bicarb for quite a while, so stomach acid might not be what it was. Overall no problems.

A noticeably different experience to one im used to;

My football team played in the world final today, had the opportunity to be crowned best team in the world. Ive always religiously followed my team through thick and thin, but watching them was often like a chore. I would just sit there sighing and rarely celebrated goals with any conviction. Today i was animated, standing up and shouting, really enjoying it. We lost. This would have put me in a bit of a mood for at least a day or two (how silly!). I really have had no negative thoughts or feelings related to this loss whatsoever. Sounds stupid, but trust me, this is progress!!

Lunch had a pint of OJ and a boiled egg. Cramps and discomfort similar to yesterdays whey experience, trapped wind, but less acute and less painful. Didnt alter my mood, but energy waned, and was obviously gutted that it had happened. I havent really been eating eggs lately as id suspected them of foul play a while back. Seems i was right, but neither they nor whey had given me trapped wind like that before. Any ideas?? Had a horrible hour thinking i couldnt digest protein anymore, but settled down once i found on googling that this is not unheard of.

Made some orange gelatin squares as per Chemi's recipe. Had a few squares but seemed to make the trapped wind worse. Not blaming the gelatin, but no more today. Had some fennel tea, really really helped get the wind up, just had the brick-in-gut feeling.

So...time for an enema!

I have had my kefir grain out the freezer for two days and changed the milk twice. The milk wasnt kefir-ing at all, so my suspicion was the grain was probably dead. I blended it up with some chamomile tea anyway, but also i put in 10 capsules of Holland & Barrett standard probiotic. Applied!

Not a bad experience at all, and retained very well. Obviously too early to report any effects whatsoever, but a benign experience on the whole, the obvious excepted.

PANIC!!

I remembered id been invited to dinner by my best friend and his wife - fantastic cooks both, delicious food but lots of ingredients. Not polite to excuse myself, they were only putting the effort for me, and had gone to expense as they always do. Squid tubes stuffed with white rice, tomato and peppers. Nightshades. Scheisse!!

Well.....

I may not be able to tolerate eggs and whey anymore, but it seems one has no problems with nightshades anymore. At least not as cooked by my friends wife. Good. Goooood! Being able to eat tomatoes really does open up my options. A real medicinal experience, shoved that egg along nicely and now tickety boo once more. It was bloody delicious too!

Lessons learned today:

Steady with the zinc ;)
No eggs please :!:
Fennel tea really works :D
Putting things up ones bum still not very nice :shock:
Tomatoes may be back on the menu :rockout

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Trapped wind maybe could be effects of the rice feeding the bad bacteria? Rice isnt exactly optimal but I am sure you are aware of that.

Watch out for seeds in the tomatoes as they could cause serotonin from the gut irritation.

Just my thoughts as I was reading.

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
Trapped wind maybe could be effects of the rice feeding the bad bacteria? Rice isnt exactly optimal but I am sure you are aware of that.

Watch out for seeds in the tomatoes as they could cause serotonin from the gut irritation.

Just my thoughts as I was reading.
I've always been able to tolerate white rice as long as it was properly cooked. No rice at the time of eating the egg or the whey, it's definitely them. It's been the whey all along. I started having it again a week ago, that's what sparked this off. At least I can have calcium. The tomatoes were well seeded, i watched!

How you doing man?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Doing OK, just taking it easy today. The thyroid supplement is kicking in nicely. :)

OP
C

Combie

Great stuff. Early night for me, see you tomorrow.

gretchen

Wow, a lot of 30-40 year olds on this forum. Have we all defected the mainstream diet culture at once? Hmmmm, wonder why............................
I'm starting to wonder if any of us learned even one thing about nutrition or health growing up..............
I had a lot of health problems from puberty on also.

kiran

gretchen said:
Wow, a lot of 30-40 year olds on this forum. Have we all defected the mainstream diet culture at once? Hmmmm, wonder why............................
I'm starting to wonder if any of us learned even one thing about nutrition or health growing up..............

Risk taking with sugar may be a young person's game. I bet we all learned the wrong things.

OP
C

Combie

kiran said:
gretchen said:

Risk taking with sugar may be a young person's game. I bet we all learned the wrong things.
I work in education, and I can assure u they are learning the wrong things. If they learn anything at all. Education in this country is a joke and I cannot wait until I can get out of it. I can't be part of such a monumental scam. Keeps me in OJ though....

OP
C

Combie

Monday 17th December - 10.30am

Took ages to drop off again, only had about 5.5 hrs sleep. Woke to a banging head and stone cold hands. Body screaming for caffeine. Could not get going, thyroid and pregnenolone took ages to kick in. Started to feel warmer and brainpower recovered somewhat but banging head continues despite aspirin. Nowhere near to the way id been feeling at the weekend. . I appear to have been breathing through my mouth all night. I think the zinc-over is actually a bona fide hypothyoid state, perhaps exacerbated by the zinc. Only had 12.5mg last night. Too much, too much, maybe any is too much.. Also, ive been considering that taking a nibble of Thiroyd before bed might not be a good idea. I started doing that about 10 days ago when i couldnt relax in bed (which was i think due to late night calcium supplementation). If its making me super hypo in the morning id rather just not bother. Going to leave the Thiroyd and zinc out tonight and see what happens. I dont feel as if i need that pre-bed dose tbh, so it may well be counter productive. Could not stomach breakfast, so this hasnt helped. Had a salty Oj and about a half teaspoon of coconut oil instead- the cocnut oil doesnt like me and made me bloat. Ive had this with the virgin stuff, but this was refined....dunno whats going on.

Ate the rest of my Gummi Squares - bit of discomfort in the gut. Not as bad as the eggs and whey, and they have the side benefit of making me very aware i have a penis! The nightshades from last night have kicked in and my neck and chest feel itchy as a result, which is a usual symptom. Oh well seemed too good to be true, and when it seems that way, it usually is. No bowel activity, yesterdays enema seems to have done nothing so far. BUT, i think that virtually everything ive eaten for days is low to no residue. Cellulose is important i think for peristalsis. Getting small discharge from backside as usual, nothing even really that tangible, but feeling like i have a sweaty crack. Ive had this for years. think the eggs to blame.. I dont think its bacterial because now i think back, this symptom was at its worst when i was almost zero carb and ate 5 eggs for breakfast every day, my gut was really flat then too. My eyes seem to be very sensitive to the sun.

All in all so far today, peed off, but not lost heart. Its a setback but must keep moving forward. Every day's a school day. Quite literally for me...the children wont shut up and its making my headache worse.

Think i need to add fresh fruit and greens back into my diet so ive actually got something to pass.

OP
C

Combie

1.00pm

Feel absolutely shocking.

Been going over and over this in my mind. Think the Thiroyd is f*#king me. Far too up and down. Pregnenolone is the one. Feel really really great on the preg, added the Thiroyd and the reality is that many things have been declining except mood/anxiety. Energy has certainly been up and and down, great when up, but in hindsight very hyper, overly active, poor concentration. Especially when i dont eat, which im now fearful of doing as it seems most things are giving me bad acute digestive symptoms. worse than ever when down as this morning proved. Dont think my problems have been related to my gland producing too little thyroid hormone, just havent been converting the T4 properly. Euthyroid sick syndrome i think its called. The good times have been great, but constipation, insomnia, trapped wind and now headaches that will not go away. The most positive thing has been no cannabis. Still not tempted, but body is screaming at me day and night for nicotine. This is different to whenever ive quit before, after a day or 2 the craving really subsides. I think back to summer of 2010 when i first took T3. Cigarette smoking went from 15 to 30 a day straight away, so it seems thyroid hormone increases need to smoke - something to do with dopamine perhaps? If i cant convert the T4 i make myself, then taking extra seems very foolish. Thyroid Hormone mission aborted til new year when i can afford to get some T3.

The probiotic enema? Well i cant see how im going to see any benefit from this if im constipated as a result of self induced hypothyroidism. Will see in a few days. Found some magnesium oxide stashed at the back of my supp cupboard. If anything can get things going that will. Havent been that impressed with macrogol tbh, i took the full 8 sachets in 6 hours recommended for faecal impaction, and it wasnt overly spectacular. Ive had the same with one dose of mag oxide.

You lives and you learns, but at least im still not anxious and smoking weed. Pregnenolone for the win!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Could be just too much thyroid. I am starting out now on 1/8th a pill, twice a day. I did goof up and took 1/8th a pill at bedtime last night to try, and that totally messed up my night. So, I will not be taking any near bedtime anymore for a while at least.

Check out this post and then Destinys posts about strengths below it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56&start=260#p7198

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Hey man and dont get down about set backs. Its an up and down thing for me to. I just try and really enjoy the ups when they come. I had 2 great nights of sleep, then last night, blah, which has set me up for another low energy day. Thats just the way it goes on the healing process I guess.

"A setback is a setup for a comeback."

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
Hey man and dont get down about set backs. Its an up and down thing for me to. I just try and really enjoy the ups when they come. I had 2 great nights of sleep, then last night, blah, which has set me up for another low energy day. Thats just the way it goes on the healing process I guess.

Im not down, Charlie mate. In times gone by i would have been despondent, but i see things so much more clearly with the preg. Thats definitely had the best effect, and is still working well.. Im running out fast though!! :(

I remember Ray talking on, i think it was the "Its Rainmaking Toime" podcast about taking Armour in the morning then T3 during rest of day. I may be mistaken, but doesnt excess T4 that cannot be otherwise used convert to rT3?

OP
C

Combie

I havent had any thiroyd since this morning and my temps are off the richter now. Havent measured it, but i feel like ive had 25mcg of T3 in one go

Hmmm... theres me thinking a sixth 3 times a day was a low dose. Not having any more today, starting to feel better after pounding some coffee.

Just as a total aside, those Gummi Squares are the business! feeling like a love machine. A very tired, constipated love machine!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Combie said:
Charlie said:

Im not down, Charlie mate. In times gone by i would have been despondent, but i see things so much more clearly with the preg. Thats definitely had the best effect, and is still working well.. Im running out fast though!! :(

I remember Ray talking on, i think it was the "Its Rainmaking Toime" podcast about taking Armour in the morning then T3 during rest of day. I may be mistaken, but doesnt excess T4 that cannot be otherwise used convert to rT3?

Hmmm, sure wish I could handle pregnenolone.

According to recent discussion here on the site, Ray doesnt seem to think RT3 is a problem as long as the diet is in check.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I really need to make some gummy squares. :lol:

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
I really need to make some gummy squares. :lol:

Charlie it is so, so easy. Like, ridiculously easy. and they are ready after about an hour in the fridge. Apart from a few squares yesterday, i did the whole lot in one go. I just followed the recipe in Chemi's log, omitting the flavoured jello (or jelly as we call it here), as i had none

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Easy is good!

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
Hmmm, sure wish I could handle pregnenolone.

According to recent discussion here on the site, Ray doesnt seem to think RT3 is a problem as long as the diet is in check.

What dosages have you tried?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I tried a very tiny bit, I tried a huge dose, and I tried many different times. All with the same outcome, stress hormones raised through the roof.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals