An Orison Of Combie

kettlebell

Interesting. Ray seems to promote the use of salt "Ad Libitum". Surely he would not do that if it could cause long term kidney damage. I am skeptical but will remain concerned until I find out more.

I have just realised that my knowledge of kidney function is relatively poor so I will plug that gap asap.

OP
C

Combie

I think salt might only become a problem when theres too little liquid to balance it. And then probably a chloride thing

OP
C

Combie

3rd January 10.30am

Flowers of sulfur - woke to the pinkest tongue ive ever had! This stuff really works. Also had an extremely greasy scalp and face, like when i used to OD on starch, but worse. Could this be a result of bacterial/fungal die off i wonder? I ate a lot of bread yesterday, so could be that, but im thinking that starch causes reproduction and thus die off of microbes thus endotoxin, and this is essentially the net result of using an anti-microbial sustance.. I dont know, but that yellow crunchy powder is the true true thats for sure..

A week ago i gave 700mg of pregnenolone and some Taurine to a friend who suffers the worst anxiety i have ever seen outside of a mental health unit. He just called saying he feels better than ever and has slept better than ever and could i hook him up with some more til his order arrives? Of course...Dr. Combie is on the case! Pregnenolone is the answer to anxiety, im not an isolated case..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Gonna have me some brimstone today! :rockout

Thats great to hear about your friend. That pregnenolone works wonders for some people. Taurine works wonders for me. :mrgreen:

OP
C

Combie

Charlie said:
Taurine works wonders for me. :mrgreen:
Great stuff!! I knew it would help you, its awesome stuff, a real staple of mine.

SheilaHelm1

Hi Combie, this Taurine stuff, is it what you get in drinks like RedBull etc. or do you get it in another form such as powder, liquid, tablets etc???

For some reason I always thought it wasn't that good for you???

OP
C

Combie

SheilaHelm1 said:
Hi Combie, this Taurine stuff, is it what you get in drinks like RedBull etc. or do you get it in another form such as powder, liquid, tablets etc???

For some reason I always thought it wasn't that good for you???
Yeah it's the red bull stuff, they put it in there to prevent caffeine overdose mainly. I get the powder, 1/4 tsp for use in day, 1/2 tsp for sleep.

chris

Combie - Where did you buy your bamboo from? All the supermarket ones I've found contain citric acid.

OP
C

Combie

I bought this last lot from Sainsbury's. they have citric acid in, but is this a massive problem?

OP
C

Combie

Rachel said:
Ray Peat wrote: Industrial grade citric acid is a serious allergen for some people, because it contains contaminants that aren't in natural fruit citric acid...
http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011/12/ ... tandi.html So, not a problem for everybody.

Many Asian grocers sell frozen bamboo shoots. They might be citric acid free... and tastier than the canned ones to boot!
cant say ive had any issues with the canned ones, but frozen sounds worth a try!

OP
C

Combie

January 7th

Twitching eyelid

In the last few days, my OJ intake has been virtually zero, due to poverty. However, my twitching eyelid has pretty much vanished! I only notice it now momentarily when i sneeze. Too much potassium? Improper balance between all the minerals? I think back to my last major bout of eye twitching. I stopped OJ and started putting milk in my coffee. I thought the extra calcium was what solved the problem, but no, OJ gives me the eyelid twitches - nailed on. So, what to do? OJ is pretty much my only source of fruit atm. One factor could be that i took 1 tbsp of mag oxide the other night (sunday). It wasnt as effective as a laxative as it usually is, though i had taken it with a few drops of lemon juice (forms mag citrate?, more bioavailable?), and have been limiting fluids, which could have diminished the laxative effect. Maybe im just hella low on all the alkaline minerals except potassium... Perhaps i really need to load up on alkaline minerals....

Took 1/8th tsp Flowers of Sulphur at same time as mag oxide...Seems to have had a really positive effect. Feel quite energised and in good mood despite no thyroid or pregnenolone, though the 1st 24 hrs after taking it i did feel a bit rough, tired mainly. Pretty sure some dead yeast/fungi/whatever came out of me. Gonna take another 1/8th tsp (no mag oxide) tonight. Mouth feels far less shitey and seem to be tolerating milk better. One good thing about living hand to mouth is you get to try loads of foods you would otherwise have avoided, and so can gauge your reaction to them, and you also stop eating foods you would normally have done, and again, reactions can be gauged...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Seemed like I was feeling better after taking the flowers of sulfur. Wonder what's causing the feel good effect??

chris

Combie said:
In the last few days, my OJ intake has been virtually zero, due to poverty.

What oj you usually buy? I get the 1 litre carton from sainsburys, 67p and sainsburys seems to be the only supermarket that doesn't flouridate the water they put in concentrate juices.

OP
C

Combie

chris said:
Combie said:
In the last few days, my OJ intake has been virtually zero, due to poverty.

What oj you usually buy? I get the 1 litre carton from sainsburys, 67p and sainsburys seems to be the only supermarket that doesn't flouridate the water they put in concentrate juices.
Almost exclusively the not from concentrate Sainsbury's smooth. The one with the clear holes in the side, where u can see it separates. Sometimes morrisons. Same thing happened before with mostly Tesco juice.

Evandrojr

Almost exclusively the not from concentrate Sainsbury's smooth. The one with the clear holes in the side, where u can see it separates. Sometimes morrisons. Same thing happened before with mostly Tesco juice.

@Combie, it’s been many years since you last posted on this awesome thread. Wondering how you’re doing currently :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals