An Introduction To Endobiogeny

Wilfrid

Hi all,

I’m very excited to post here the 2 following articles based on the presentation of «Endobiogeny ».
This therapeutic way of treating patient was based on the medical work and research of two french doctors ( Dr Lapraz and Dr Duraffourd ). I was also happy to see that books on the topic are now available in english (sadly they are pricey).
I’m almost sure that some french members like @burtlancast and @LucH are both aware of this medical practice. However, I urge everyone to read this introduction carefully and thoroughly.
For those who want to get a clearer picture of what we can learn from it, please click directly on the second link and go to page 35. Then read the part on neutrophils and estrogens and then the following part on oesinophils and cortisol, just to have an idea on how deep is the research made by those 2 frenchies. They are actually providing additional tools as to interpret blood tests (
among other things).

(1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3833585/pdf/gahmj.2013.2.1.011.pdf
(2) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3833520/pdf/gahmj.2013.013.pdf

I truly hope that you will enjoy it.

burtlancast

Thanks.

I never heard of it before.

Here are the 4 volumes in electronic format, quite affordable:
Search | Scribd

Diokine

Wow, this is really great. They talk of reductionism, rationalism, and positivism, with excellent definitions and clear thoughts.

Devolution of holism and the limits of reductionism

Reductionism is the attempt to explain complex phenomena by defining the functional properties of the individual components that compose multicomponent systems…naïve reductionism, the belief that reductionism alone can lead to a complete understanding of living organisms, is not tenable. Organisms are clearly much more than the sum of their parts, and the behavior of complex physiological processes cannot be understood simply by knowing how the parts work in isolation.

The writing style strikes me as very similar to Dr. Peat's. I wonder if they've corresponded, so many of the ideas correlate.

I also really appreciated the part on osteocalcin and bone stroma derived enzymes, it was very appropriate as a recent thread for me has been studying hibernation physiology in connection to bone and calcium metabolism and energy management.

Electrolytes. Potassium and calcium are the only two electrolytes used in the biology of functions.

Potassium. Potassium is the direct IC ion in the body and serves to maintain the resting membrane potential. IC levels are around 140 mmol/L and EC levels, 4 mmol/L. It is not the quantitative concentration per se but the ratio of IC to EC potassium (35:1) that maintains the resting membrane potential and neuromuscular stability. Serum potassium levels are regulated closely in order to maintain neuromuscular stability. A quantitative increase in serum potassium of 1 mmol/L can have a significant impact on neuromuscular activity.215 One source of EC potassium augmentation is glutamate. The most prominent neurotransmitter in the brain, glutamate is involved in neural plasticity and augments neuronal excitability.216 The egress of potassium from the cell changes the resting membrane potential, allowing for neurons to be more excitable.
Calcium. While potassium is the element of membrane and cell stability, calcium is the element of action, movement, and variability. Calcium is the most predominant element in the human body because of its role in skeletal formation. Of total body calcium, 99% is in bones and 1% is bioavailable. Of the 1% that is bio-available, 99.99999% is in the EC space, maintaining an EC:IC ratio of 12000:1. Calcium reserves are extremely important to ensuring the proper adaptability of the organism during aggression and programmed changes.
Approximately 50% of serum calcium is ionized and bioavailable, and 50% is bound to proteins remaining in reserve. While cytoplasmic calcium levels are kept low, the mitochondrion and endoplasmic reticulum store calcium and make it available to calibrate cell function. Within the blood, calcium is the essential cofactor in the coagulation cascade. Within the interstitium, it is essential as a second messenger in muscle contraction. Calcium augments the rate of neuronal signal transduction and neurotransmitter secretion through up-regulation of vesicle fusion. Within the IC space, calcium serves as a key signal transducer. In summary, both potassium and calcium concentrations are finely regulated at the extra- and intracellular levels. Potassium is the direct IC element and maintains membrane stability. Calcium is a key element of adaptation and stimulates excitation, movement, and activity, both extra- and intracellularly. These two elements have opposing actions and overlapping factors that increase or diminish their serum concentration. Our interest in these elements with respect to the biology of functions is how they regulate or are regulated by the adaptation response.

upload_2020-8-10_15-25-17.jpeg

yerrag

Hi all,

I’m very excited to post here the 2 following articles based on the presentation of «Endobiogeny ».
This therapeutic way of treating patient was based on the medical work and research of two french doctors ( Dr Lapraz and Dr Duraffourd ). I was also happy to see that books on the topic are now available in english (sadly they are pricey).
I’m almost sure that some french members like @burtlancast and @LucH are both aware of this medical practice. However, I urge everyone to read this introduction carefully and thoroughly.
For those who want to get a clearer picture of what we can learn from it, please click directly on the second link and go to page 35. Then read the part on neutrophils and estrogens and then the following part on oesinophils and cortisol, just to have an idea on how deep is the research made by those 2 frenchies. They are actually providing additional tools as to interpret blood tests (
among other things).

(1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3833585/pdf/gahmj.2013.2.1.011.pdf
(2) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3833520/pdf/gahmj.2013.013.pdf

I truly hope that you will enjoy it.
Thanks. However, the second link has only 13 pages though.

yerrag

Sheila

Oh my goodness @Wilfrid, just these two pdfs have answered questions i have had for a very long time, thank you!
Sincerely,
Sheila

yerrag

This is also beautifully stated:

Advances in cellular biology have demonstrated how at every level—cell, tissue, organ and organism— the human being meets the criteria of being a system. With this new understanding of physiology, if medicine is to continue to progress, a similar paradigm shift will be critical. The shift starts by moving away from a quantitative, binary model of biochemistry that states,

Elevation in serum liver enzymes = liver dysfunction, therefore, if liver enzymes are not elevated, then there is no liver dysfunction.

to a qualitative evaluation of relationships that states,

Despite normal liver enzymes, there is hepatic strain due to a global insufficiency of oxidative activity relative to reductive activity, which compromises glutathione recycling and hepatic detoxification pathways, which is rooted in an insufficiency of insulin sensitivity, which is impairing mitochondrial respiration and ATP production, which may explain the recent devolution in the patient’s cardiac function and/or lipid metabolism, and/or neurocognitive status, all of which are related to oxidative impairment, which therefore will necessitate support of hepatic function despite normal liver enzymes.
Nice to now that it isn't enough to just look at the liver enzyme values to determine if the liver is healthy. Even when there is no tissue destruction involved in the liver that leads to elevation in liver enzymes, it's important to understand the liver as a system. If the glutathione recycling is compromised due to an insufficiency of oxidative activity, then the liver will need some external support to carry out its role in detoxification.

What I'm not clear about is how the global insufficiency of oxidative activity relative to reductive activity occurs.

yerrag

Been reading up for a while on the books on endobiogency, which compromises 4 volumes, by Kamyar Hedayat- on Scribd.

I haven't finished one volume, but I've jumped from one volume to another, focused on a topic, as I find that I've been able to glue some related concepts together better this way.

One biology of function ratio, the genital ratio, at first glance, seems very simplistic. But as I get more familiar with it, it keeps making more sense. That ratio is simply the ratio of RBC over WBC. I still don't know yet why RBC represents androgens while WBC represents estrogens, but there is a yin and yang relationship to this.

I'm just thinking out loud here. I think RBC is about vitality, about healthy metabolism, as it involves the transport of oxygen and glucose (and other nutrients), and that this vitality is robbed from it when stresses are abundant, at which point WBC starts to proliferate more, because WBC is about immunity, and immunity is needed to counter these stresses.

So if WBC is high, there is a lot of energy used on fighting these stresses- toxins and pathogens. This energy is substantial if the stress is high. It is energy wasted on fighting stress, stress that we could do without. Energy used to beef up the immune system is energy that could be used to increase vitality.

In a person full of vitality, it's natural for the RBC/WBC ratio to be high. And the corollary to that is that in a very sick person, the RBC/WBC would be low.

This ties in to Peat's idea that stress is estrogenic - at least that is what I'm hearing Ray Peat talk to.

I've wondered why my RBC is not optimal, and now I know why - because my WBC is high. I can't force my RBC to be high if my WBC is high. To increase my RBC, I have to work on lowering my WBC. And to lower my WBC, I have to identify these stresses - toxins, pathogens, and even some internally generated entities that are inflammatory, and result in stresses. The stress is not limited to oxidative stress, but reductive stress.

Just looking at the CBC test gives me a good idea of my level of health, to begin with.

I think understanding this concept gets us around to understanding why some people are anemic - why they're not able to produce enough RBC.

One more thing to consider: RBCs and WBCs come from the same stem cells. So if the stem cells are becoming WBCs more, it would make sense to think that less RBCs would be produced.

haidut

Forum Supporter
One biology of function ratio, the genital ratio, at first glance, seems very simplistic. But as I get more familiar with it, it keeps making more sense. That ratio is simply the ratio of RBC over WBC. I still don't know yet why RBC represents androgens while WBC represents estrogens, but there is a yin and yang relationship to this.

As one of the links in the OP explain, RBC production is highly sensitive to androgen production rates, so that is why RBC are a fairly reliable metric of androgenic tone. Similar reasoning applies to WBC and estrogen. So, if you WBC are elevated it means estrogen is high and lowering estrogen should allow RBC to rebound.
Btw, there are some issues with endobiogeny that make me question some of its biomarker usage. WBC can be easily lowered by a low-carb diet, and that won't lower estrogen, but often increase it (especially if the low-carb diet is high on PUFA). Since in such a state the RBC/WBC ratio would increase the claim of endobiogeny is that the organism is getting more androgenic, but there is plenty of evidence to demonstrate that it is not.
So, IMO endobiogeny is on the right track but some of the explanations of biomarkers and their role it provides is a bit too limited in interpretation and that can lead to wrong conclusions.

Last edited:

llian

As one of the links in the OP explain, RBC production is controlled almost exclusively by androgens, so that is why RBC are a fairly reliable metric of androgenic tone. Similar reasoning applies to WBC and estrogen. So, if you WBC are elevated it means estrogen is high and lowering estrogen should allow RBC to rebound.
Btw, there are some issues with endobiogeny that make me question some of its biomarker usage. WBC can be easily lowered by a low-carb diet, and that won't lower estrogen, but often increase it (especially if the low-carb diet is high on PUFA). Since in such a state the RBC/WBC ratio would increase the claim of endobiogeny is that things are getting better, but there is plenty of evidence to demonstrate that they are not.
So, IMO endobiogeny is on the right track but some of the explanations of biomarkers and their role it provides is a bit too limited in interpretation and that can lead to wrong conclusions.
How can i pm you man

OP
W

Wilfrid

@haidut
According to the links I posted, Endobiogeny is using: “... at least six different bio markers for the assessment of estrogen function: (1) total WBC count, (2) percent neutrophil count, (3) percent monocyte count, (4) percent lymphocyte count, (5) thyrotropin-stimulating hormone (TSH), and (6) serum osteocalcin. Of these, WBC count is used as a general marker of global estrogen effects on tissues and is the most foundational.”
Serum osteocalcin is inversely related to insulin-like growth factors (IGFs)and estrogen activity. Estrogens stimulate osteoblasts to fix calcium, which requires active, carboxylated osteocalcin, which results in a decrease in serum decarboxylated osteocalcin.”
In Endobiogeny, it’s the ratio TSH/osteocalcin ( not the RBC/WBC ratio )that measures the metabolic activity (and not function) of estrogen
The algorithm used in the Endobiogeny’s biomarkers is far more complex (and detailed
here:https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/34/6d/4b/3989b8ccae7504/US9953139.pdf ) than in the four already published books or in the original posted links.

yerrag

Very interesting inputs @yerrag
Thanks for the good find on this field. This field is very interesting. Many interesting insights to gain from it. I feel it complements the principles I learn from Peat, while it enriches my understanding of TCM and herbology. It also finds pharmaceutical approaches helpful, especially when the buffers, as it calls nutrients, are severely lacking. But as a person is recovering, the buffers can build back up, and slowly pharmaceuticals can give way to nutrition aided by TCM and herbology, until such a point when the person's terrain is restored to an optimal state to support his self-balancing and auto-correcting capabilities.

Thanks so much!
You're welcome!
WBC can be easily lowered by a low-carb diet
Interesting. How and why is WBC lowered by a low-carb diet?

If a low-carb diet can lower WBC, would it also be possible that the low-carb diet could just as easily lower the RBC, even to a much more significant magnitude that the effect would be to further lower the RBC/WBC ratio?

yerrag

As to why some people are anemic even through they have sufficient inputs of iron, copper, and zinc, and even when they're balanced where there's neither an excess and deficiency of these inputs, it begs the question of whether the body limits RBC production because it wants to focus resources on producing WBC because it thinks it's more important to focus on defense when threatened with stressful chronic conditions arising from infection, toxins, and even autoimmune conditions from a deranged immune response, say from unnatural and man-made interventions such as vaccination.

A lot of times low-level infections (those that don't produce fever) are below the radar of our medical practitioners. There is bacterial colonization occurring in our body, e.g. gingival crevices and in biofilms lining our gut and blood vessels, which are just not considered but are always present and are chronic conditions. These certainly would increase the WBC, and as a consequence, would lower RBC. But in such cases, doctors would see this as anemia, but not see this as a case of chronic low-level infection. They would see an increase in IL-6, and associate high IL-6 with high ferritin, but not link infection with high ferritin for example. But yes, high ferritin would be a marker for anemia of chronic disease. And saying this is an anemia of chronic disease, while correct, still leaves a lot of guesswork left. One could go on a merry-go-round trying to see if the problem is with copper, zinc, and/or iron, but even after taking doses of these nutrients, one can still be frustrated and flabbergasted.

But low-level infection is just one example, as inflammation generated by toxins and immune complexes (the result of a deranged immune system caused by vaccines) could just as easily be a culprit.

Gutoisthebest

To all health practicioners and people who would find it interesting :D

Im a medical doctor here in Brazil and because of this thread I started to read the books attached before and since then Ive became a full member of the Endobiogeny group.

It has a lot of different perspetives than mainstream medicine on how to approach cases, the symptomatoly of diseases, the use of biomarkers as a proper way of understanding human physiology or human "pathophysiology". It uses a system called Biology of Function (BoF), which through matematical analyses of a few partiular biomarkers, it can show the practicioner the function and state from the organells,cells/tissues/organs and their relantionships.

For this analyzis to happen, it needs to go through a system where all the magic happens.

The reason why Im writing this, it is because it is something really new, beyond its time and really quite interesting and I would trully be grateful if people could check it out, even if its just to say that its wrong, but to get to know more about this new method of looking at human biology and also as new takeover of medicine.

The link bellow will send you guys to put your own blood results, or if you have some patients, theirs.

www.gemmabio.com

Also, for better understading Ill be linking bellow the articles that explain briefly this whole concept and also some information about the link above.

Watching the webinar video
The video is free to watch. In the video, we demonstrated how to enter labs and select their proper units, how to obtain results, and how to read the Panels Report and full GEMMA biology of functions report. Go to learnendobiogeny.com today, register for free and view the full recording of the demonstration. It’s available in English and French.

thx guys

Lollipop2

To all health practicioners and people who would find it interesting :D

Im a medical doctor here in Brazil and because of this thread I started to read the books attached before and since then Ive became a full member of the Endobiogeny group.

It has a lot of different perspetives than mainstream medicine on how to approach cases, the symptomatoly of diseases, the use of biomarkers as a proper way of understanding human physiology or human "pathophysiology". It uses a system called Biology of Function (BoF), which through matematical analyses of a few partiular biomarkers, it can show the practicioner the function and state from the organells,cells/tissues/organs and their relantionships.

For this analyzis to happen, it needs to go through a system where all the magic happens.

The reason why Im writing this, it is because it is something really new, beyond its time and really quite interesting and I would trully be grateful if people could check it out, even if its just to say that its wrong, but to get to know more about this new method of looking at human biology and also as new takeover of medicine.

The link bellow will send you guys to put your own blood results, or if you have some patients, theirs.

www.gemmabio.com

Also, for better understading Ill be linking bellow the articles that explain briefly this whole concept and also some information about the link above.

Watching the webinar video
The video is free to watch. In the video, we demonstrated how to enter labs and select their proper units, how to obtain results, and how to read the Panels Report and full GEMMA biology of functions report. Go to learnendobiogeny.com today, register for free and view the full recording of the demonstration. It’s available in English and French.

thx guys
Thank you for this feedback! I definitely find this fascinating. I simply have not had the time to do a big dive though it is on my study wish list :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals