An Extension Of The 'Dressed To Kill… Yourself' Series: Footwear

I'd want a boot that could eat a bit of chainsaw so you have time to react.

I dont know if you've used a saw but sometimes you cut up limbs close to the ground by your feet.

You get fatigued, you trip over a stump, roll your ankle, make a bad cut. Yeah, in perfect world you can cut barefoot but that isnt the point.

Frankly Id be more concerned about the straight up exhaust fumes than supposed foot strain. Not to give you something else to be paranoid about. Lol

Or honestly just cutting trees is hazardous work. Your awareness is gonna keep you safe, dont wanna be looking down worried where youre stepping when you need to react quickly.

Anyway, please man youre worrying me. At very least i dont want your tree buddies laughing at you when you roll up in your ninja shoes. Lol
Only used manual and electric saws for carpentry.

It's conservation work for the state, the chainsaw usage is usually clearing brush for wildfire mitigation. More than the exhaust the use of pesticides on invasive species is my biggest concern.

Thankfully they already know I'm a retard.

I can offer that my Federal issued laceups for work as ParkRanger on a wildlife refuge were awesome. They did soften with time, but aspects of protection were critical. Genuine rubber soles, not vibram for cushion and protection.
Round toebox for lateral movement allowing toe spread and grip.
Hard toe protection=critical.
High tops ankle support and shin protection.
Laceups critical to allow for adjustment for hot days swelling feet or long hours.
Do you know who made them, a lot of this surplus stuff doesn't meet the requirements. These Thorogood ones seems to have a good toebox.

akgrrrl

Do you know who made them, a lot of this surplus stuff doesn't meet the requirements. These Thorogood ones seems to have a good toebox.

I will go dig them out and see if there is a brand. Standby, red salmon are in and getting this harvest in right now

For those living in harsh climates other priorities will be at play that justify seeking boots, however these are evolving with improved techmology and the appearance of discreet options that confer protection without turning the person into a Transformer are not followed by men adopting them, they seek those that look sturdy in spite of alternatives being available with the same functionalities that are less compromising on the aspects that you mentioned. This makes me think that they're after an armor.

We don't need to develop our character, we can shortcut it with the red jacket à la Tyler Durden. This and the oversized boots get us close to a clown.

:yipes

It's the foot conforming to the shoe rather than the opposite.

- High heels as supernormal stimuli: How wearing high heels affects judgements of female attractiveness

"Relative to the flat heels condition the females in the high heeled shoe condition walked in a fashion more characteristic of female gait; the walkers in high heels took smaller more frequent steps, had less knee bend but had greater hip rotation and tilt."​
"[..]wearing high heels makes women look more attractive by making them more feminine as the effect of heels was to exaggerate some sex specific elements of female gait including: greater transverse plane hip rotation (pelvic rotation); increased vertical motion at the hip in the coronal plane (lateral pelvic tilt); shorter strides and higher cadence (Murray et al., 1970; Troje, 2002; Cho, Park, & Kwon, 2004; Pollick et al., 2005)."​
"The normal stimulus of a woman walking is exaggerated by the wearing of high heels producing a supernormal stimulus."​

There is a foolish side to this as well: artificial enhancement of features raises (tut) the expectations and it's only sustainable for as long as you keep them. However these can't be maintained all the time, for intimacy, you'll has to let go of the crutches, yet if the woman builted her identity based on them, I wouldn't be surprised if she experiences extreme insecurity or feelings of being illegit. Dropping them could give her less attention (more likely to be from not displaying preparedness instead of not being pretty) but there's the advantage of working as a filter to screen for those that are interested in her authentic version. On the other hand, there's the biological drive in wanting to have the most options possible to choose the best.

Crocs allow you to watch your children grow yet you'll always wonder how things would've been different if you had more options to choose from. High heels will make you doubt yourself but not the fetuses that you've produced, unfortunately you won't be there while they grow up; you've sacrificed thyself for them.

Postscript: the casual boot is the image on the right.

bb080046b2bf5bbedb84735774aa193d8a969f44.gifv