An Anti-oxidant You Actually Need

Luann

I saw dried beans on some lists of purine-rich foods :partypooper:
Need to start eating those once in a while, I love em.

yerrag

I've been very positive on uric acid because of its antioxidant and protective capabilities. I would look down on sites like Mercola's that view fructose negatively because it increases uric acid levels, not mentioning at all its antioxidant properties. On the other hand, I was very effusive of praise for uric acid. I would even look at gout as a problem not of having too high levels of uric acid, but as a problem of the failure of the body's acid-base balance mechanism to tamp down on excessive acidity in the body.

But because of my decade-long battle to lower hypertension, I've finally come to face the dark side of high levels of uric acid personally. Yesterday, I tested low on urinary uric acid. It made me realize that my high serum uric acid (not above normal range, but above optimal range, per Dr. Weatherby, a functional medicine doctor and author) may very likely have much more to do with my low urinary uric acid excretion rate. This is a kidney dsyfunction issue that is under the radar. But I read (don't have the reference now) that most cases of high serum uric acid has to due to low urine uric acid excretion rate. Yet I believe most doctors don't even ask their patients to take a urinary uric acid test. And there's no excuse for this as this test is so inexpensive and so easy to take. You don't have to prepare for the test even. Just pee into a small container and that's it. It cost me $8 for this test (in Manila) and I get the results on the same day.

Anyway, knowing my hyperuricemia has to do with my kidneys at least allows me to find ways to improve the kidney's excretion rate of uric acid. And once I can improve the uric acid clearance rate, I may be able to lower my serum uric acid, and along with that, lower my blood pressure and increase my heart rate (I believe high uric acid lowers NO and causes vasoconstriction of kidney arterioles. This hypoxia causes lactic acid levels to increase from anaerobic glycolysis. With lower oxygenation, mitochondrial metabolism is downregulated. Hence, lower heart rate. Higher blood pressure).

And why does uric acid clearance decrease in this condition? It's said that lactic acid lowers the uric acid excretion rate, although I have no idea why.

Dave Clark

yerrag

Just wondering, you don't have to say if you don't want to, are you the good doctor? Voice of glyphosate awareness?
If someone dos not have a dysfunction where they have gout, would you feel something like inosine would be beneficial, besides its other benefits, the fact that it can raise uric acid levels?
Are you directing this question at Seneff?

High_Prob

Are you directing this question at Seneff?

I asked that user the same question but did not get a response...Doesn't seem like they want to say. So either it's her and she doesn't want to say or it's not her and they have no clue as to what/who we are talking about.

Edit: This response was meant for @Dave Clark

Dave Clark

I asked that user the same question but did not get a response...Doesn't seem like they want to say. So either it's her and she doesn't want to say or it's not her and they have no clue as to what/who we are talking about.

Edit: This response was meant for @Dave Clark
Ha, ha. Well, I suppose if it is her and she doesn't want to say, she probably shouldn't have used the member name S. Seneff ! Not much of a disguise! Can't imagine there are too many S. Seneff people out there interested in this stuff, who knows though?

golder

I'm trying to work out if my uric acid levels which are above the upper limit of the reference range is something to be concerned about?
My result was 453umol/L (range 200-430)
I know Ray regards it as fundamental to our antioxidant system, but I assume there is a point of diminishing returns?
Thanks if anyone can give me their opinion :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals