"An air ionizer near your bed can help."

rayban

I meant that HbA1c is practically useless. That's a 5 hr OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) gives you a more accurate picture of your blood sugar health. However, it is too cumbersome and it's been bastardized ino a 2hr OGTT which is as good as nothing. I believe also that since some patients may faint and in a Talmudist shyster world we live in, the risk of a costly lawsuit is real and it isn't offered anymore. But I do my own 5hr OGTT at a lawsuit-free environment called home.
I've read you can get a decent picture of serotonin by getting a full neurotransmitter panel from urine sample, this may be a good idea. It also includes a lot of interesting stuff.

yerrag

I've read you can get a decent picture of serotonin by getting a full neurotransmitter panel from urine sample, this may be a good idea. It also includes a lot of interesting stuff.

I believe what you read. As there are many tests out there that's not available to the general public. And cost is the main reason.

Even when available, and when you get tested and get the results, you have to assume the reference values are good bases for comparison to your results.

Considering that the medical establishment sees serotonin as a happy hormone, the standard of care reference values may lead you to think you're fine when you're not.

Then you'll have to find another set of reference values, otherwise you'd just have to end going back to feel, which leads you back to where you started.

But unless you tried, you'll never know. I am admittedly pessimistic on this.

There are many tests discussed on haidut's posts in the past. I've looked for them and can't be found in the US. They're out there for sure, but impractical because for me, a good test is one that is easily accessible and is affordable and where the results can be compared to a reliable reference (not dogmatically imposed by the establishment), so that I can easily monitor improvements as my health improves or worsens.

rayban

I believe what you read. As there are many tests out there that's not available to the general public. And cost is the main reason.

Even when available, and when you get tested and get the results, you have to assume the reference values are good bases for comparison to your results.

Considering that the medical establishment sees serotonin as a happy hormone, the standard of care reference values may lead you to think you're fine when you're not.

Then you'll have to find another set of reference values, otherwise you'd just have to end going back to feel, which leads you back to where you started.

But unless you tried, you'll never know. I am admittedly pessimistic on this.

There are many tests discussed on haidut's posts in the past. I've looked for them and can't be found in the US. They're out there for sure, but impractical because for me, a good test is one that is easily accessible and is affordable and where the results can be compared to a reliable reference (not dogmatically imposed by the establishment), so that I can easily monitor improvements as my health improves or worsens.
Doctor's Data has one for around 450$

Serotonin 84.4 μg/g 79 – 235

yerrag

That's a lot of information from urine. It would be nice if the health plan can pay for it.

On the notes below regarding serotonin, it says things about serotonin that reflects the mainstream thought, which clashes with Ray's ideas on serotonin:

Low range serotonin may contribute to mood concerns including anxiety, OCD, depression, anger and a sense of discontentment. Low range serotonin may also be associated with poor sleep quality and appetite changes. as well as chronic fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis, and over-all lassitude. Failure to regenerate tetrahydrobiopterin [BH4], an essential cofactor for serotonin synthesis, may decrease serotonin levels, and could be reflected in urine. BH4 regeneration may be supported by folates, vitamin B3, C, molybdenum and zinc. Additionally, production of serotonin requires vitamin D, iron and vitamin B6. Tryptophan is the essential precursor of serotonin. 5-HTP may increase serotonin, and Ltheanine may affect serotonin function.

But of course, why wouldn't it? Doctor's Data may be sued or shut down.

yerrag

Well, as long as the results are accurate, you are free to whatever you want about it.
Sure.

But not many of us know which reference to use. Maybe you have a special reference table you would like to share with us?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Yes.

I grew up on the idea that high fiber diet is good. I have no constipation issues but my stool smells. I thought that was normal as that's what stool is.And I had plenty of plaque. They form so easily and quickly on my teeth. No one could tell me why but what's new in this world right?

Then Peat.

Mag support at 800mg/day to build magnesium stores.

A year later, minimized fiber.

Bowel movement still good.

Then took biofilm busters and antibiotics (not for my gut but for my bp but didn't work on lowering bp).

Then my stool stopped smelling.

Then I noticed no more plaque on my teeth.

Thank you Ray!
Yerrag,
What biofilm busters and antibiotics did you use?
Paul

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals