Amoxicillin And Health

iLoveSugar

Has anyone here ever taken antibiotics and noticed unexpected benefits?

When I was very young, I was told I was allergic to amoxicillin and penicillin. I think I want to try them again. Obviously I'll start very low. RP says many times it's the other stuff they compound it with.

chrismeyers

I have Lyme Disease (got bit by a bug while camping) so I am on regular wide ranging assortment of antibiotics. Usually 3 different ones at a time, cycling through them. As far as amoxicillin goes. Its like the mildest of mild antibiotics. Pretty weak, you can go basically as high in doses as you want within reason, and it has an extremely short half life so its out of your system in a few hours. And yes I have found many broad ranging benefits of antibiotics to fix things other than my Lyme. Face cleared up, skin, etc. Just be sure to eat yogurt to prevent yeast or thrush

EIRE24

I have Lyme Disease (got bit by a bug while camping) so I am on regular wide ranging assortment of antibiotics. Usually 3 different ones at a time, cycling through them. As far as amoxicillin goes. Its like the mildest of mild antibiotics. Pretty weak, you can go basically as high in doses as you want within reason, and it has an extremely short half life so its out of your system in a few hours. And yes I have found many broad ranging benefits of antibiotics to fix things other than my Lyme. Face cleared up, skin, etc. Just be sure to eat yogurt to prevent yeast or thrush
I would love to try antibiotics for my acne but I'm unsure as to wether it is a gut issue or not. You think amoxcylin is the safest?

chrismeyers

I would love to try antibiotics for my acne but I'm unsure as to wether it is a gut issue or not. You think amoxcylin is the safest?

In my experience Amoxicillin is like nothing as far as side effects. Its exceptionally mild. I dont think it would be possible to overdose from it because it has a 90 minute half life. My current Lyme dose is 1g 3 times a day. So that shows you how safe Amox is even at super high doses. Its the one antibiotic that causes absolutely no side effects in me. I can swallow it like candy.

M

marikay

Has anyone here ever taken antibiotics and noticed unexpected benefits?

When I was very young, I was told I was allergic to amoxicillin and penicillin. I think I want to try them again. Obviously I'll start very low. RP says many times it's the other stuff they compound it with.

I was definately allergic to penicillin when I was a child (a trip to the hospital with extreme reaction when I was two). I mentioned this to Ray and he said it might have been too high a dose and I probably could use penicillin as an adult. I bought some PenVK from farmacia del nino and used it with no problem.

Then I was giving some amoxicillin from a dentist and I noticed a slight reaction to the second dose. So I emailed Ray and he said that sugar would help as it is an anti-histimine. So I took another dose of amoxicillin with a couple of glasses of KFP Coke (which has real sugar in it) and there was no allergic reaction.

For me the unexpected benefits are a decrease in swelling of gums and a clearing of any tinnitus I might be experiencing. I’d like to try tetracycline or something like that bu I haven’t done so yet.

Hope this helps.

GAF

I'm on amoxicillin right now. It gives me a sense of euphoria and well-being.

Ditto.

Supposedly allergic as a child. Accidently, took some last summer when had something. Zero reaction. Immediately, started feeling better. Take it now whenever it seems needed. Love it.

I get the Thomas Labs 500mg capsules. "Fish Mox Forte"

Vinero

Ditto.

Supposedly allergic as a child. Accidently, took some last summer when had something. Zero reaction. Immediately, started feeling better. Take it now whenever it seems needed. Love it.

I get the Thomas Labs 500mg capsules. "Fish Mox Forte"

OMG Those are for fish, that's not intended for human consumption!! ;)

Vinero

@Vinero I'm on amoxicillin right now too how much are you taking? I'm on day two and it's giving me insomnia tonight
I take 500 mg three times a day. I know it's a lot, but I have an infected wisdom tooth which gives me high endotoxin symptoms if I dont take antibiotics. My wisdom tooth gets pulled out next week so until that time I'm gonna take amoxicillin.

T

TheBeard

For me amoxicillin yellows my teeth quite a bit, but the relief from endotoxemia is such that I can tolerate that minor discomfort.

Anyone on amoxicillin long term or at least a few times a year?

About to jump back on it, I can't stand the nausea from SIBO anymore.

Sefton10

Does anyone know if/where you can get hold of Amoxicillin without a prescription? UK based.

LadyRae

For me amoxicillin yellows my teeth quite a bit, but the relief from endotoxemia is such that I can tolerate that minor discomfort.

Anyone on amoxicillin long term or at least a few times a year?

About to jump back on it, I can't stand the nausea from SIBO anymore.
I take amoxicillin a couple days in a row, every three or four weeks. They are 500 mg capsules and I will take one or two a day. My face gets warm and dewy and I am enveloped in a warm blanket of bliss and relaxation. It's the best! Those days are always great nap days for me...

My reasoning for cyclically taking amoxicillin is for gut endotoxin and skin health.

About 6-8 hours or so after a capsule I will take a small spoonful of activated charcoal powder and a big glass of warm water.... Some cascara before bed because I find activated charcoal is constipating...

FWIW, my mother was supposedly very allergic to penicillin. When she was dying they wanted to giver her penicillin and I said yes, because I didn’t believe she was allergic. She had no problem with penicillin as it turned out.
I take amoxicillin a couple days in a row, every three or four weeks. They are 500 mg capsules and I will take one or two a day. My face gets warm and dewy and I am enveloped in a warm blanket of bliss and relaxation. It's the best! Those days are always great nap days for me...

My reasoning for cyclically taking amoxicillin is for gut endotoxin and skin health.

About 6-8 hours or so after a capsule I will take a small spoonful of activated charcoal powder and a big glass of warm water.... Some cascara before bed because I find activated charcoal is constipating...

Do you find any long term benefits?