Ammonia Toxicity To The Brain: Effects On Creatine Metabolism And Transport And Protective Roles

Drareg

Hyperammonemia can provoke irreversible damage to the developing brain, with the formation of cortical atrophy, ventricular enlargement, demyelination or gray and white matter hypodensities. Among the various pathogenic mechanisms involved, alterations in cerebral energy have been demonstrated. In particular, we could show that ammonia exposure generates a secondary deficiency in creatine in brain cells, by altering the brain expression and activity of the genes allowing creatine synthesis (AGAT and GAMT) and transport (SLC6A8). On the other hand, it is known that creatine administration can exert protective effects in various neurodegenerative processes. We could also show that creatine co-treatment under ammonia exposure can protect developing brain cells from some of the deleterious effects of ammonia, in particular axonal growth impairment. This article focuses on the effects of ammonia exposure on creatine metabolism and transport in developing brain cells, and on the potential neuroprotective properties of creatine in the brain exposed to ammonium.

tara

Was there supposed to be a link with this?

yourke

Interestingly, our results showed that CrS reduces tissue conversion of T4 to T3, which occurs predominantly in the kidneys and skeletal muscle through the action of the type 2 deiodinase enzyme

De Moraes R, Van Bavel D, de Moraes BS, Tibiriçá E. Effects of dietary creatine supplementation on systemic microvascular density and reactivity in healthy young adults. Nutrition Journal. 2014;13:115. doi:10.1186/1475-2891-13-115.

Astolfo

The thing I was wanting to say is this. Hyperammonia damages the ‘developing’ brain. It’s been 10 months since it starts. I just want to know if there is a way to reverse this damage. For god’s sake.

Astolfo

Of course It can be fixed. Just get started

Thanks. At least there is a people answers.

I’m trying but I just don’t know how to start. Should I check ammonia levels first( very expensive)? I had read that the ammonia levels are generally shows up as normal on tests on mild encephalopathies. Maybe these were just for hepatic encepalopathies but I don’t know.

I’m highly suspicious about zinc deficiency. Ammonia chelates or depletes the zinc as I understand. I read all of the symptoms of it and all of them fits with my situation. But I don’t know how can I get the zinc. In which form? They are all contain cadmium. The most reachable ones are sulfate and picolinate(solgar).

Also I have gut problems which increased a lot since pssd. A lot of gas and sensitivity to carbonhydrates are my main problems. They are also signs to the possible bacterial problem. Should I try antibiotic?

Since 10 months, I couldn’t get any vitamin test from doctors. And my time passes. My family doing nothing either about all of these problems. My brain literally dies day by day and to today I already lost all of my high cognitive skills.

paymanz

The thing I was wanting to say is this. Hyperammonia damages the ‘developing’ brain. It’s been 10 months since it starts. I just want to know if there is a way to reverse this damage. For god’s sake.
Touch the ammonia tag on top of this page , there are many helpful threads.

Hugh Johnson

Thanks. At least there is a people answers.

I’m trying but I just don’t know how to start. Should I check ammonia levels first( very expensive)? I had read that the ammonia levels are generally shows up as normal on tests on mild encephalopathies. Maybe these were just for hepatic encepalopathies but I don’t know.

I’m highly suspicious about zinc deficiency. Ammonia chelates or depletes the zinc as I understand. I read all of the symptoms of it and all of them fits with my situation. But I don’t know how can I get the zinc. In which form? They are all contain cadmium. The most reachable ones are sulfate and picolinate(solgar).

Also I have gut problems which increased a lot since pssd. A lot of gas and sensitivity to carbonhydrates are my main problems. They are also signs to the possible bacterial problem. Should I try antibiotic?

Since 10 months, I couldn’t get any vitamin test from doctors. And my time passes. My family doing nothing either about all of these problems. My brain literally dies day by day and to today I already lost all of my high cognitive skills.
Just take thiamine and one meal with absolutely no protein every day. That will get you started.

Read the forum on the topic.

Astolfo

Touch the ammonia tag on top of this page , there are many helpful threads.

I looked nearly all of them. I’m using lactulose 30 ml/day and cinnamon 1 teaspoon for the ammonia issue. I can’t say they did nothing, but these changes are can’t be counted as improvements. My problems still worsening. Including gut problems too.

Just take thiamine and one meal with absolutely no protein every day. That will get you started.

Read the forum on the topic.

Thiamine supps are generally contain 250 mg. It’s more than 100 fold of daily requirement. is there any overdose risk?

@haidut

I usually don’t like seeking help urgently from people. But you may understand that it’s very important to do something when you understand that your condition causes a irreversible thing. I just want a honest statement about this, do you think so that I can reverse these damages? I’m both talking about my currently wrecked brain and its development after the treatment.

Also, excuse me for my English. I’m trying hard to explain myself.

paymanz

I looked nearly all of them. I’m using lactulose 30 ml/day and cinnamon 1 teaspoon for the ammonia issue. I can’t say they did nothing, but these changes are can’t be counted as improvements. My problems still worsening. Including gut problems too.

Thiamine supps are generally contain 250 mg. It’s more than 100 fold of daily requirement. is there any overdose risk?

@haidut

I usually don’t like seeking help urgently from people. But you may understand that it’s very important to do something when you understand that your condition causes a irreversible thing. I just want a honest statement about this, do you think so that I can reverse these damages? I’m both talking about my currently wrecked brain and its development after the treatment.

If have tried zinc then i suggest manganese and biotin. And a high carb diet.

Btw how your sure you have high ammonia?

Astolfo

If have tried zinc then i suggest manganese and biotin. And a high carb diet.

Btw how your sure you have high ammonia?

I have been searching the cure ways since last year. I have come across different theories like 5ht-a desensitization, endocrine imbalance, neurosteroid imbalance(3a-hsd, 5a-R) and microbiota disturbance. In short, every theory I read ended up at the hyperammonemia. I can draw a chart if you want but this is the basic explanation. I hope that all of this is just a bull**** because it’s very bad if it’s true. I will go to a community clinic and ask for a vit-mineral test. Maybe they will accept at least controlling zinc, because my hair shedding increased a lot.

Also if it’s not very expensive, I will ask for a ammonia test at a private hospital too.

paymanz

I have been searching the cure ways since last year. I have come across different theories like 5ht-a desensitization, endocrine imbalance, neurosteroid imbalance(3a-hsd, 5a-R) and microbiota disturbance. In short, every theory I read ended up at the hyperammonemia. I can draw a chart if you want but this is the basic explanation. I hope that all of this is just a bull**** because it’s very bad if it’s true. I will go to a community clinic and ask for a vit-mineral test. Maybe they will accept at least controlling zinc, because my hair shedding increased a lot.

Also if it’s not very expensive, I will ask for a ammonia test at a private hospital too.
Yes do that ammonia test for sure , and if it was high first you need to find out what is the cause of this, zinc ,biotin , manganese and maybe some other vitamins are cofactore for urea cycle but you need to look into you diet in past months to see if you possibly have a deficiency of them or not , otherwise supplementin them or increasing them in diet wont help probably.

Astolfo

Yes do that ammonia test for sure , and if it was high first you need to find out what is the cause of this, zinc ,biotin , manganese and maybe some other vitamins are cofactore for urea cycle but you need to look into you diet in past months to see if you possibly have a deficiency of them or not , otherwise supplementin them or increasing them in diet wont help probably.

My diet didn’t changed at all, it’s same. These drugs are causing a chain reaction and some people are can’t recover from that, I guess.

You can learn nearly all of my symptoms by looking to excess gaba symptoms list.

Signs/symptoms of high GABA and the top 12 supplements to lower it

Fun fact: Ammonia causes allopregnanolone production in ca1 region.

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/82767411.pdf

Allopregnanolone is a strong modulator of gaba receptors. I had thought that there is something wrong with aldo-keto reductase genes which regulates 3a-HSD(5a-dhp —> allo). But I neglected the ammonia. I have all of symptoms of the minimum-mild hepatic encepalopathy.

The Diagnosis and Treatment of Minimal Hepatic Encephalopathy

unless you have lots of money I wouldn't bother with the test. Use thiamine, and support it with other B vitamins niacinamide, riboflavin, B6 P5P...

Eat liver once a week...and if you want, take a quarter teaspoon of ceylon cinnamon every day or every other day for a few weeks.

haidut

Forum Supporter

@haidut

I don't think ammonia can cause irreversible damage, but it is important to lower it if the blood tests confirm it is high.
There is plenty of information on ammonia and lowering it. As the others mentioned, please search and read.

Astolfo

I don't think ammonia can cause irreversible damage, but it is important to lower it if the blood tests confirm it is high.

There is plenty of information on ammonia and lowering it. As the others mentioned, please search and read.

I have read all of them but I couldn’t find much about recovering process.

Acute hyperammonemic encephalopathy in adult onset ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

It’s not the only link that says effects are persist after treatment. My condition seems worsening after I eat protein rich meal and I have became sure that my problem is ammonia related. Bad story is that really my family negligt so much this. I’m still waiting them to ask to hospital for an ammonia test. I’m just so pissed to these piece of shits. Already, if this condition won’t have resolve completely, they can have enjoy with my dead body.

Anyway, as I don’t prefer this way, I have to find a way to reverse what happened in my brain. Cortical atrophy, is one of the symptom of hyperammonemia, is a physical issue. Especially visuoperception issues I’m having is checks with it. I’m like a both alzheimer and parkinson patient with additional problems now. I don’t know how can I get my brain grow new neurons.

I just have never thought I can be that much hopeless in my life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals