Ammonia Scented Sweat

So, for the first time in a while, I was sweating and hot, but not adrenaline/hot flash, irritated hot, rather, a calm, warm, fuzzy feeling on the inside. However, I was sweating like crazy today, but I didn't mind it a lot. I also noticed the sweat had a potent ammonia scent to it. I'm wondering if the body was just getting rid of toxins, or if it was something I did wrong? I ate dried and regular mango, milk with salt and sugar, cheddar cheese, coffee with milk and sugar, some carrots, oranges, tangerines, and vanilla bean gelato (haagen daz of course :)).

OP
C
I thought it could've been Ketosis, but it happened during the day, and I had a lot of carbohydrate in the morning as soon as I woke up. I also made sure to keep eating every few hours with protein/carb/fat so as to support my thyroid and glycogen stores. I think Charlie mentioned some nasty, pungent sweat at one point when he was peating.

4peatssake

I can't see how it was ketosis either given what you are eating. That said, I can't think of anything off the top of my head but other members may have some insight.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
CentralCoastIan said:
I think Charlie mentioned some nasty, pungent sweat at one point when he was peating.
Yes that happened a lot when I started Peating. But only happens occasionally now.

Mittir

In KMUD: Alkaline and Acid RP mentioned that body makes ammonia from
protein to compensate for lack of alkaline minerals( sodium,potassium,
magnesium, calcium). It seems like you are missing salt in there.
I noticed when i eat a lot of dairy and cut down on cooked foods,i
get lot less salt than i used to. Now i have to make sure i get extra
salt. He also recommended salt water or any other minerals to spare protein
loss through ammonia.
In Josh Rubin: Glyecmia, he talked about a girl who was burping ammonia
and was severely underweight. He mentioned that she was not able to
digest any food.He gave her starch free potato juice and she was cured quickly.
He also mentioned that kidney patient has problem removing ammonia.

I definitely had this problem for the last few years, as my body was really starting to fail. Since Peating the last 6 weeks it has lessened. Apparently I was in ketosis??? The smells varied...some days downright embarrassing!