AMISH MAN gets paid $10,000 to live in modern world for a day, Immediately wants to go back HOME

JamesGatz

Was watching this Youtube video on an AMISH GUY who got paid $10,000 to visit the modern world for a day and immediately wanted to go back

This shows you how much the modern world makes people miserable, Interestingly enough the average age he said they live up to is 100 and their lifestyle isn’t even perfect (Not on Ray Peat, and Stressful Sleep setups/Jobs)

Anyway, just goes to SHOW YOU , you don’t need anything from the modern world to be happy, if you live in more so Natural Environment as a free man, you got all the happiness you need

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/pjk0vSxLvMY?feature=share

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/4bXqYglMxe0?feature=share

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/mjdqjuCWma4?feature=share

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/rlTtQTinxK0?feature=share

Full Video:

View: https://youtu.be/riPP8K8VafY

Last edited:

Summer

I feel like to be completely happy in an Amish setting, you’d have to be born into it. We’re accustomed to many things in the modern world. Not all good things by any means, but it would be a rough transition.

Momma

Was watching this Youtube video on an AMISH GUY who got paid $10,000 to visit the modern world for a day and immediately wanted to go back

This shows you how much the modern world makes people miserable, Interestingly enough the average age he said they live up to is 100 and their lifestyle isn’t even perfect (Not on Ray Peat, and Stressful Sleep setups/Jobs)

Anyway, just goes to SHOW YOU , you don’t need anything from the modern world to be happy, if you live in more so Natural Environment as a free man, you got all the happiness you need

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/pjk0vSxLvMY?feature=share

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/4bXqYglMxe0?feature=share

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/mjdqjuCWma4?feature=share

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/rlTtQTinxK0?feature=share

Full Video:

View: https://youtu.be/riPP8K8VafY

You mean they exploited a vulnerable Amish man for views. Right? I can’t bear to watch such vapid, self serving content.

Hidden49

I watched that Vid earlier today, the Amish guy Abe was cool, shame the Nelk boys had no respect for his culture or values

-Luke-

Not an Amish life, but in the most recent Generative Energy podcast Georgi talked about his grandfather, who lived on a farm in rural Bulgaria and was taken to a city to get checked out by a doctor. And he could barely stand it there. The longer I live in a city the less I can stand it there too.

wzuo

Not an Amish life, but in the most recent Generative Energy podcast Georgi talked about his grandfather, who lived on a farm in rural Bulgaria and was taken to a city to get checked out by a doctor. And he could barely stand it there. The longer I live in a city the less I can stand it there too.
I have moved from big city to complete exterior and it was one of best decisions of my life. Not only I have calmed down but I've learnt so many things that I couldn't ever dream few years ago. I also appreciate the world and God more when I see how everything works perfectly in the nature.
I couldn't life anymore in even small city, not to mention big one. There's too loud, too many things happening at once, everything smells like ***t, toxins and fumes everywhere. No place to calm down and you only rely on suppliers to live - electricity, water, groceries etc. And lastly it's very boring to live in city, only synthetic entertainment that can't make you really happy in the long term.
If you can move out and thinking about it, just do it, you'll be happy as never.

Regina

I have moved from big city to complete exterior and it was one of best decisions of my life. Not only I have calmed down but I've learnt so many things that I couldn't ever dream few years ago. I also appreciate the world and God more when I see how everything works perfectly in the nature.
I couldn't life anymore in even small city, not to mention big one. There's too loud, too many things happening at once, everything smells like ***t, toxins and fumes everywhere. No place to calm down and you only rely on suppliers to live - electricity, water, groceries etc. And lastly it's very boring to live in city, only synthetic entertainment that can't make you really happy in the long term.
If you can move out and thinking about it, just do it, you'll be happy as never.
💯

-Luke-

Thanks, and congrats on your decision to leave the city. It sounds like living in a more rural area a´was best thing that could happen to you when it comes to happiness and inner peace. I agree that it's too loud, too crowded, too artificial.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@wzuo, I agree completely. We did this as well in 2017 and words can’t express the difference it made in our lives.

ursidae

Main amish guy they talk to in the video you linked has barely any teeth left. Looks like he's in his mid thirties or so. Why would that be? I assume he's had no vaccines, and neither have his parents, no toxic medication, breathing low pollution air, low EMF exposure, outdoors lifestyle, real food (no pesticides?), tons of dairy

Summer

Main amish guy they talk to in the video you linked has barely any teeth left. Looks like he's in his mid thirties or so. Why would that be? I assume he's had no vaccines, and neither have his parents, no toxic medication, breathing low pollution air, low EMF exposure, outdoors lifestyle, real food (no pesticides?), tons of dairy
Grains. Even organic grains will destroy your teeth if they aren’t prepared correctly and you aren’t cleaning your teeth after consuming them.

wzuo

Thanks, and congrats on your decision to leave the city. It sounds like living in a more rural area a´was best thing that could happen to you when it comes to happiness and inner peace. I agree that it's too loud, too crowded, too artificial.
Yes, it was. Not the easiest thing, I would say hardest thing in my life to learn how to live from scratch, but definitely it was/is worth the effort. On other hand things like pandemic didn't affect us at all when many people was panicking, especially in cities. You can see what happened to those who were locked down in their cities in China.
What I'm still missing is to have my own dairy and honey. I will try to get bees next season as I'm busy this year with home renovation, cows are more problematic because it's hard to hide them from government that want to control everything and everyone.

@wzuo, I agree completely. We did this as well in 2017 and words can’t express the difference it made in our lives.
I have bought ruined farm in late 2018 and it took long time to make it a place available to live, in meantime we have lived in RV.

ursidae

Grains. Even organic grains will destroy your teeth if they aren’t prepared correctly and you aren’t cleaning your teeth after consuming them.
depends on how they're prepared. Weston A Price observed that communities that consumed grains had near perfect dental health as long as they were traditionally prepared. Id assume Amish of all people would prepare grains in traditional manner

wzuo

Maybe they just avoid dentists. I'm also in that age and without dentist I wouldn't have much teeth left. I have also to visit dentists frequently. But I also know people that have perfect teeth in similar age and visit dentists very rarely.

Robert5493

depends on how they're prepared. Weston A Price observed that communities that consumed grains had near perfect dental health as long as they were traditionally prepared. Id assume Amish of all people would prepare grains in traditional manner
Its very possible it was from trauma, possible kick to the teeth.
Farming and working with large animals is dangerous, you would be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't been injured at least once.

That said, don't assume you know how he (or 'they') generally eat either. People come in all types just like any other religion, and some load their shopping carts with chips crackers hot dogs and wonderbread buns to go with them.
3 Amish brothers I know, 2 of them have great looking teeth but the youngest are stained brown and he is always eating junk food.

Robert5493

....cows are more problematic because it's hard to hide them from government that want to control everything and everyone.
Have you considered goat or sheep for milk? Much more manageable than cattle.
Or pick a small heritage breed like Dexter.