AMISH MAN gets paid $10,000 to live in modern world for a day, Immediately wants to go back HOME

Normal Human

If the goods sold at Amish markets reflect what they actually consume then every baked good is made with refined flour and soybean oil.

Summer

depends on how they're prepared. Weston A Price observed that communities that consumed grains had near perfect dental health as long as they were traditionally prepared. Id assume Amish of all people would prepare grains in traditional manner
Right. WAP was exactly who I had in mind. I can’t say for certain, but I’d guess that the Amish don’t really go the extra mile in grain preparation - like fermentation for example.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Main amish guy they talk to in the video you linked has barely any teeth left. Looks like he's in his mid thirties or so. Why would that be? I assume he's had no vaccines, and neither have his parents, no toxic medication, breathing low pollution air, low EMF exposure, outdoors lifestyle, real food (no pesticides?), tons of dairy
Did you watch the video?

The first guy featured (Rudy), has a horrendous sleep-setup, he works hard labor 8+ hours a day almost every day, Non-perfect clothing, and the Amish aren't exactly "Peating", even though their diets are a lot healthier than the average Pleb

He also doesn't see a dentist, so, majority of people would look worse than that if they had no dentist or modern toothpastes to cover it up,

At least the dude is still facially more developed

Low EMF exposure are the only benefits the dude is working with, all the other Amish guys in the video look way healthier, so Amish in general trump the vast majority of people on this forum metabolic wise

Razvan

@-Luke-
Not an Amish life, but in the most recent Generative Energy podcast Georgi talked about his grandfather, who lived on a farm in rural Bulgaria and was taken to a city to get checked out by a doctor. And he could barely stand it there. The longer I live in a city the less I can stand it there too.
Imagine If he was moved to a big city in the west 🤣 he would prefer to die, bulgarian cities are not so bad,but i still get his idea, my grandma still lives with cows and chickens in her house in the rural area at 87 years old. She has better teeth than my parents and amazing brain function.

-Luke-

@-Luke-
grandpas
Imagine If he was moved to a big city in the west 🤣 he would prefer to die, bulgarian cities are not so bad,but i still get his idea, my grandma still lives with cows and chickens in her house in the rural area at 87 years old. She has better teeth than my parents and amazing brain function.
Yeah, put someone like that in a time machine and move him to current LA, London or Berlin (or any big western city), and he would probably have a heart attack within ten seconds of arriving there. I sort of envy your grandma. It must be a good and content life. But that generation also had a different way of looking at things in general. Both my grandpas had been through difficult times (war and imprisonment at a fairly young age, one lost his first wife early and had to raise two young sons on his own for a while, in addition to two jobs, some poverty), but they were always content. If you compare that to Western people the same age nowadays, who are in shambles when you don't address them by their preferred pronouns...

wzuo

Its very possible it was from trauma, possible kick to the teeth.
Farming and working with large animals is dangerous, you would be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't been injured at least once.

That said, don't assume you know how he (or 'they') generally eat either. People come in all types just like any other religion, and some load their shopping carts with chips crackers hot dogs and wonderbread buns to go with them.
3 Amish brothers I know, 2 of them have great looking teeth but the youngest are stained brown and he is always eating junk food.
Yes I confirm that it is very easy to get hurt when you work with animals or on farm at all. There are many dangerous things that you just have to do, roofs, welding, carrying heavy thing. But something simple as inflating a tire can also kill you if you aren't lucky enough. I have survived petrol explosion and don't recommend it for everyone, it was only 5 liters but the implosion first where petrol takes all oxygen from air nearby and then explosion was terryfing. Higher amounts must be really tragic in consequences.

Have you considered goat or sheep for milk? Much more manageable than cattle.
Or pick a small heritage breed like Dexter.
I think it probably will end up that way, my region not so long ago was famous for sheeps because there are many wastelands and pastures but they are not very fertile due to poor soil quality. I'm just currently busy with other things, and mainly blocker is that I want to fence my property completely (I'm so lucky that many of my livestock just runs away for unknown reason while this doesn't happen to my neighbors) but it's no cheap thing as I would need about 500m+ of fence and plenty of black locust posts - while obtainable it's hard to find decent amount in forester offers.
Thank you for bringing up Dexter breed, I'm going to read about it more. I was thinking about Highland ones but AFAIK they are mostly for meat purpose.
Is goat/sheep milk comparable to cow's one regarding Peating?

Kyle970

I work in food service in the summers and usually get a few Amish, have always fascinated me. Interesting the comparison to other customers. Seem more present and living in the moment, similar with foreign tourists. Not sure what's going on with standard America, can't describe what I see without being offensive.

wzuo

I work in food service in the summers and usually get a few Amish, have always fascinated me. Interesting the comparison to other customers. Seem more present and living in the moment, similar with foreign tourists. Not sure what's going on with standard America, can't describe what I see without being offensive.
the same is in Europe so I don't think this is problem only in USA, more probably it is the same for all developed countries. Maybe it happens everywhere where money and items (that are piece of ***t nowadays that barely lasts to end of guarantee period) starts to become main thing that we desire.

Robert5493

Yes I confirm that it is very easy to get hurt when you work with animals or on farm at all. There are many dangerous things that you just have to do, roofs, welding, carrying heavy thing. But something simple as inflating a tire can also kill you if you aren't lucky enough. I have survived petrol explosion and don't recommend it for everyone, it was only 5 liters but the implosion first where petrol takes all oxygen from air nearby and then explosion was terryfing. Higher amounts must be really tragic in consequences.

I think it probably will end up that way, my region not so long ago was famous for sheeps because there are many wastelands and pastures but they are not very fertile due to poor soil quality. I'm just currently busy with other things, and mainly blocker is that I want to fence my property completely (I'm so lucky that many of my livestock just runs away for unknown reason while this doesn't happen to my neighbors) but it's no cheap thing as I would need about 500m+ of fence and plenty of black locust posts - while obtainable it's hard to find decent amount in forester offers.
Thank you for bringing up Dexter breed, I'm going to read about it more. I was thinking about Highland ones but AFAIK they are mostly for meat purpose.
Is goat/sheep milk comparable to cow's one regarding Peating?
Yes, farming incidents are common and I've lost friends and family over the years.
What kind of livestock is escaping? 500meters of electric fence would only cost a few hundred dollars until you can build something more substantial.
Highlands are good too, especially in cold areas. They are a great choice for poor pasture, and do well on low quality hay.
Their meat is quite lean, and they would provide enough milk for a family. You don't really want a milk breed like Jersey or Brown Swiss unless you are selling it. What will you do with 6 to 9 gallons of milk a day!
Highlands are still a substantially large beast and are horned too so not as manageable as say the Dexters

I believe any ruminant animals milk meets Peats requirements.
I'm not a fan of the taste of goat milk, but enjoy sheeps milk. One of those 3 Amish brothers I mentioned has a sheep milking parlor and i often get fresh milk from him.

Sapien

You mean they exploited a vulnerable Amish man for views. Right? I can’t bear to watch such vapid, self serving content.
SJW

Our boy was cool af

Drink some homemade wine and stop with that whine

Momma

SJW

Our boy was cool af

Drink some homemade wine and stop with that whine
Ok. Thx. I’ll stop the whine (compassion) and start the fvck you.

Love,

Momma

wzuo

Yes, farming incidents are common and I've lost friends and family over the years.
What kind of livestock is escaping? 500meters of electric fence would only cost a few hundred dollars until you can build something more substantial.
Highlands are good too, especially in cold areas. They are a great choice for poor pasture, and do well on low quality hay.
Their meat is quite lean, and they would provide enough milk for a family. You don't really want a milk breed like Jersey or Brown Swiss unless you are selling it. What will you do with 6 to 9 gallons of milk a day!
Highlands are still a substantially large beast and are horned too so not as manageable as say the Dexters

I believe any ruminant animals milk meets Peats requirements.
I'm not a fan of the taste of goat milk, but enjoy sheeps milk. One of those 3 Amish brothers I mentioned has a sheep milking parlor and i often get fresh milk from him.
Hey, thanks for response. Currently we keep chickens, ducks, gooses and guineafowls. All of them escaped many times but only guineafowls can come back home, probably because they are so fast that they cannot be caught by buzzards and foxes. We lost like 15 gooses, few ducks, and countless chickens, but at least they can replicate themselves :)
I will think about electric fence and then get some sheeps I think. I love goat's milk but heard they are trying to eat everything, especially fruit bushes and trees. Cows may be little bit too hard given I have no experience with such big animals.
One of my neighbours have cows but he feed them with silage in the winter, at least they graze in the pasture in season. So it's only an option to get good milk for half a year.

Peater Piper

I live near PA and deal with the Amish frequently. There's nothing that leads me to believe they're living forever. I'd put their lifespan near the average. It's easy to idealize their lifestyle, but they have some things going on that I wouldn't be thrilled with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals