Amino Acids And Getting The Right Balance

MightyFall

I have posted here before for help regarding the symptoms I've been experiencing since a brief ketosis and low carb stint (four months) and my recovery process.

Here's a link to my previous post: http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3506

Some users suggested I incorporate gelatin in my diet to balance out my amino acids. I found it difficult to even consume gelatin let alone incorporate it in my diet, so I ordered hydrolysed gelatin supplements.

The tablets contain "7.2g of collagen". I take two a day, and consume approximately 100g of protein from muscle meat and dairy sources.

It has improved my mood and brain function, but I am also more hyper and erratic. The brain fog still lingers, and I don't feel relaxed. I am also slow to respond and my attention span is still pretty poor. A significant improvement but nothing optimal.

It is also inconsistent. I feel hyper for a few days and suddenly crash for an additional few days. It becomes this type of cycle. I see my bowel movements become more regular, weight loss, clearer skin, a healthy complexion and overall good physical strength but the crash includes frequent urination, detachment, very poor concentration levels, lack of productivity and motivation and all the other symptoms I've been suffering described in my previous post.

This is not paired with changing the dosage. I take two tablets a day in the evening, with a good quality strong probiotic.

Should I increase or decrease the dosage? Digest with a high protein meal? Can any one explain these metabolism cycles I experience?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This doesn't address your entire post but I thought I'd mention it anyway. You might check your good quality probiotic for lactic acid producing bacterial strains. Ray has mentioned lactic acid as being a burden to the system and I believe that goes for not only what our bodies produce but what is obtained through diet. You could try seeing how you do without the probiotic in case it is having a negative impact. The lactic acid issue was one thing in a long list that rang true to me when I discovered Peat's work. I suddenly understood why probiotics made me sick. This was just my personal experience.

natedawggh

Yes, I would definitely cut out the probiotics... In my opinion they're mostly just a scam (not including temporary ones like therelac that can fix urgent health issues).

You didn't say anything else about your diet, but are eating enough carbs with this large intake of protien? If you aren't, then every time you have it your body shoots up massive amounts of cortisol to catabolise your tissues into sugar to process the protien, which would explain your continued health issues. Balance is more important here, and adequate to plentiful amounts of healthy sugars are often of more benefit than large amounts of protien. I'd try reducing your protien intake greatly and increasing your fruit, sugar, and milk intake. You can keep the gelatin the same, it's not pharmacological and definitely has very little to do with what you're experiencing, but when part of a healthy regimen would benefit. Unless of course there are impurities/allergens in the supplements, and I suppose you could try going off them for a trial.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals