Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks Haidut. Did you try the product, and if so what did you think?

Yes, i did. It made me sleepy juts like a a dose of BCAA/tyrosine usually does, so I took that to mean that it is reducing serotonin. I took 10 capsules in one sitting, which is about 5g total dose of amino acids.

Lucenzo01

Can this protocol replace other foods for people with bad digestion? Maybe take this mix of aminos with orange juice for some days to repare digestion?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can this protocol replace other foods for people with bad digestion? Maybe take this mix of aminos with orange juice for some days to repare digestion?

It has to be complete diet to be healthy. As far as I know potatoes and butter do make a complete diet and the ketoacids in potatoes should help with recovery even more. So, maybe well boiled-baked potatoes, butter (or coconut oil) and the essential aminos for a week to help the organism recover.

jitsmonkey

the guy behind the group amino buy is Kevin.
He's a super guy and the aminos have been fantastic in helping my gut improve which has been problematic for 30+ years
They're also great for just making sure you're always getting enough protein when your busy/on the run/etc
can't recommend them highly enough. It all started with @haidut original post. So glad he posted that
and equally glad Kevin started that company.
Shop

Wagner83

It has to be complete diet to be healthy. As far as I know potatoes and butter do make a complete diet and the ketoacids in potatoes should help with recovery even more. So, maybe well boiled-baked potatoes, butter (or coconut oil) and the essential aminos for a week to help the organism recover.
I've seen many other people recommend coconut oil ahead of butter. Apparently it interferes less with glucose metabolism, may improve health and efficiency of the liver etc.. Would there be any reason to favor butter (or other reasons to favor coconut oil) ? It does taste better so that's one..

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've seen many other people recommend coconut oil ahead of butter. Apparently it interferes less with glucose metabolism, may improve health and efficiency of the liver etc.. Would there be any reason to favor butter (or other reasons to favor coconut oil) ? It does taste better so that's one..

I think either one is fine, but coconut oil does seem to be more pro-metabolic than butter.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
the guy behind the group amino buy is Kevin.
He's a super guy and the aminos have been fantastic in helping my gut improve which has been problematic for 30+ years
They're also great for just making sure you're always getting enough protein when your busy/on the run/etc
can't recommend them highly enough. It all started with @haidut original post. So glad he posted that
and equally glad Kevin started that company.
Shop

Yep, it is a pretty good product. I like its effects more than isolated BCAA/tyrosine or BCAA/phenylalanine combos, probably due to better protein synthesis with @Kevin's mixture.

Wagner83

Yep, it is a pretty good product. I like its effects more than isolated BCAA/tyrosine or BCAA/phenylalanine combos, probably due to better protein synthesis with @Kevin's mixture.
That seems to match my experience, coconut oil is more thermogenic and does not interfere as much with processing potatoes (less energy drop after meal, if any). Butter seems to have other properties though, it feels at times more androgenic ( a bit unclear) and has different benefits for skin . Maybe for night time butter would keep cortisol lowering for longer and allow one to sleep more.

Kang

Thank you Haidut - any feedback is appreciated, especially any that helps us improve the product. By the way our next batch arrives in about 2 weeks. We have a pre-order sale on now up to 30% off the regular price. If you are interested he'd over to www.impower.life and get yours ordered because we sold out of nearly 500,000 caps in less than 7 weeks.

Waynish

Updates on this based on the latest threads? impower.life still the #1 recommended raypeatforum.com amino acid complex? :)

moringa

why does the body convert a large % of protein to ammonia?
isnt there a root cause(e.g. deficiency and/or toxicity[e.g. heavy metals] and or low HCL and/or low or no pancreatic enzymes) for this excess ammonia conversion?

also, a few european level sprinters told me they dont use oral supplements(aminos, vitamins, minerals).. they say they dont want to waste time, money and energy in using oral route..

they use IV route.. there is a product called aminoven, thats what they use to recover and stay sharp/aggressive/awake/focused.. they say they never feel like they dont want to train when they use it at least 3 times per week...

Last edited:

opiath

isnt there a root cause(e.g. deficiency and/or toxicity[e.g. heavy metals] and or low HCL and/or low or no pancreatic enzymes) for this excess ammonia conversion?

As far as I know there is a limit to the amount of amino acids that can be utilized by the body at any given time.
The rest have to be burned off for energy and the process involves separating the nitrogen part from energy substrate part.
The body has to get rid of the nitrogen by converting it to ammonia.

Waynish

I've been curious about supplementing pancreatic enzymes for a while... Anyone know a good source?

ddjd

i noticed taking BCAA cased kidney soreness on both sides, but no idea what the mechanism for this is

Travis

If you click on the author's name "Fernstrom" you will see him doing studies on BCAA and neurotransmitter depletion going back 20 years.
They go back 45 years. His first proof that large neutral amino acids lowered trytophan levels in the brain was in 1972.
Fernstrom, John D., and Richard J. Wurtman. "Brain serotonin content: physiological regulation by plasma neutral amino acids." Science 178.4059 (1972): 414-416.

He's getting old. I was reading his review article and I found a mistake:
The hydroxylation rates of both tryptophan and tyrosine can be measured in the same animals, since the method involves inhibition of one enzyme, aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase, that is responsible for catalyzing the conversion of tryptophan to 5-hydroxytryptophan and tyrosine to dihydroxyphenylalanine (the same enzyme participates in both synthetic pathways, though in different neurons) (Carlsson and Lindqvist 1978).
Fernstrom, John D. "Large neutral amino acids: dietary effects on brain neurochemistry and function." Amino acids 45.3 (2013): 419-430.

Another interesting and Peat-approved quote is this:
An hydrolysate of collagen has also been reported to reduce brain tryptophan and serotonin in rats, and to lower the serum tryptophan ratio in both rats and humans, and is employed as an alternate to the free amino acid mixture used in the ATD paradigm (Evers et al. 2005; Lieben et al. 2004; Sambeth et al. 2009).
I'm finally starting to understand where Peat was coming from. Serotonin is a big issue, and essentially all experimental evidence proves that competing amino acids will lower brain tryptophan in a predictable fashion.

Last edited:

Waynish

Maybe we can get a thread reviewing this impower.life product? I'm curious about thoughts on its amino ratios.

Kang

Maybe we can get a thread reviewing this impower.life product? I'm curious about thoughts on its amino ratios.

Hi Wayne, sorry for the late reply. I travel a lot and recently moved.
In any case I'm happy to answer any questions. As for reviews I have copies of most of the Facebook reviews on www.impower.life or you can check out IMPOWER Supplements on Facebook yourself.

Feel free to write me here or directly at IMPOWER by emailing me at [email protected]

cihans

I think this is best suited for people with really compromised digestion or very fatigued/hypothyroid. This approach is used in hospitals for people who cannot eat normal food or have compromised digestion. If food works for you then I'd stick to it. Otherwise you can get a cheaper product like this one and try a few doses to see how they affect you.
http://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Essential- ... B00020I9R4

The product includes methionine and histidine, which I think is not optimal, but you can use it to test if the amino acid approach helps you and if yes then can buy the aminos separately and do the cocktail I suggest.
Hi haidut,
how many capsules to take in one sitting is optimal from this supplement. Please advise, thank you

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi haidut,
how many capsules to take in one sitting is optimal from this supplement. Please advise, thank you

I would aim for a total dose of 5g of amino acids and that can be repeated a few times daily.