Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yes, of course, thanks again.

This is pretty nice, isn't it? Essential Aminos - 180 Capsules
Cheaper: Amazon.com: Pure Encapsulations - Essential Aminos 180's: Health & Personal Care

Look, ma, no tryptophands!

Wow, that's pretty good! I now this product and have used it before. Up until 3 months ago it had tryptophan in it and not it does not. The histidine and methionine are still not optimal but they can be controlled by adding some glycine and beta alanine to the mix. All in all, pretty good as protein replacement. Thanks for bringing my attention back to it!

thyrulian

Wow, that's pretty good! I now this product and have used it before. Up until 3 months ago it had tryptophan in it and not it does not. The histidine and methionine are still not optimal but they can be controlled by adding some glycine and beta alanine to the mix. All in all, pretty good as protein replacement. Thanks for bringing my attention back to it!
Interesting that they decided to remove it.
Yeah, I'm excited to try this nonetheless.
You're welcome. :)

heartnhands

Thanks haidut. It is interesting to see that only 30% milk/meat protein is utilised for example, meaning that all the protein found in many servings of milk/meat could be replaced by about total daily 30g of pure amino acids. I feel this could be useful on a busy work day or while traveling - protein foods are not as easy to get as fat or sugar from a chocolate bar for example, so this might help to get more complete meals. For people new to BCCA powder I would caution against taking too much BCAA on its own without balancing as in my experience it really depletes dopamine and it really wastes your day - cf other threads on BCAA.
Yep, BCAA are double-edged sword - they deplete whatever aromatic amino acid is in dearth. If both phenylalanine/tyrosine and tyrptophan are in dearth (i.e. taking BCAA on their own) then BCAA will deplete both serotonin and dopamine. This is probably the reason for their mixed effect on human trials on fatigue. However, this study recognized this fact and remediated it by adding 1,000mg - 1,500mg tyrosine to the 3g of BCAA. If you click on the author's name "Fernstrom" you will see him doing studies on BCAA and neurotransmitter depletion going back 20 years. His studies is what got me experimenting with BCAA, tyrosine, phenylalanine, etc several years ago.
Oral branched-chain amino acid supplements that reduce brain serotonin during exercise in rats also lower brain catecholamines. - PubMed - NCBI

Link to author's other amino acid studies:
Fernstrom JD - PubMed - NCBI[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=23904096

Please give long hand for BCCA?

jitsmonkey

Hey guys. The author of this post below is a friend of mine.
I have been following the Amino Acid protocol Haidut spoke of at the start of this thread and its working wonderfully.
Kevin (the author of the post below) has been able to source high quality amino acid capsules that EXCLUDE the trash
that's in other currently available commercial AAs. His effort is not as much a business one as it is an effort to share the savings
involved in buying larger quantities. If you're interested hit him up...

Hey folks,
Like many of you my wife and I have been struggling with digestion issues, kidney issues, inflammation and weight loss issues and we thought we would share this information.
I was introduced to this post by HAIDUT in a private forum (Meander Towards Greatness by Zachariah Salazar) https://raypeatforum.com/…/amino-acid-supplementation-for-…/
The concept is to replace all or some of your protein intake to create a massive reduction in ammonia load. The reason being that most of the protein we consume is converted into ammonia in the process. So the intent is to replace it in part or in whole for a period of time to assist healing. BCAA’s and amino’s in their pure form are 99.99% bioavailable. Consider the fact that protein bioavailability is as follows; eggs 45%, dairy 30%, meats 25%, and plant based proteins are less than 15%. You can see that the balance of between 55-85% of the protein is lost to ammonia. With this ratio of amino acids, we can replace the protein we use and get zero ammonia. That is a significant reduction in systemic load.
Like most here I’m constantly trying to improve my health and would really like to take off the 20+ lbs I’m still trying to take off of the 40+ I put on trying to follow and learn from Ray’s work.
Zach or course always tries stuff on himself first to make sure its ok and to be honest his results based on Haidut’s post were nothing short of incredible. To be fair he is always implementing Ray’s work so there are many moving parts but in his own words, “it's parts of many things working within Meander Towards Greatness. That my 20lbs weight loss was 5 lbs 1st day (assuming inflammation, water) and 15lbs over another 3 weeks. The weight loss is thought to be from less inflammation, no ammonia, less total calories while meeting protein, carbs and fat needs and keeping a good temp and pulse. Maintained eating liver mousse, oysters, juice, cheese and leafy broth for trace nutrients. Won't use it forever just to hit goals, while traveling, reduce ammonia and then just intermittently. No guarantees…”

So after I read this and discussed his experience with him I decided to initially order enough to trial for a month. I decided to start at 32.4g of total Amino supplementation and this 32.4g is a complete protein replacement equivalent to 100g of dairy (30% Bio), slight more of meats (25% Bio).

I actually haven’t figured out yet how much I would need to fully replace my protein requirements but I estimate its somewhere between 130-180g of food protein or as much as 50g of amino complex.

I predominantly used it while traveling to avoid crappy foods and as a supplement rather than a full replacement. Although not causation many of my symptoms improved, better sleep, weight loss, better recovery, improvements in temp & pulse, and better libido. All my blood markers improved as well but that is something I only test every 3-6 months so I can’t say for certain that the aminos impacted those tests.

Anyways my biggest complaint was that I chose to use powders to save money and they all taste horrible. I find that a huge disincentive to using them 3-6x per day depending on how many meals you have. It’s worse for my wife has the nose and taste buds of a blood hound and she couldn’t stomach them. So this time my wife and I ordered all capsules from Nutribio, which has very similar pricing mg for mg with the other suppliers like BulkSupplements. We used the closest dosages possible per capsule and bought enough to provide a double dose per day for 30 days, or 64.8g of aminos the equivalent of 200g of dairy.

The only amino consistently unavailable in capsules is Threonine. The price turned out to be $344 USD + another almost $60 to Canada. Who knows if we’ll get a duty charge as well. So that is $172/month for each of us to fully replace 200g equivalent of protein per day or about $6/day.

In reality that will last my wife 2 months if she didn’t eat any other source of protein and used the recommended dose of 32.4g/day. That would cost less than $3/day or $1/meal. All-in-all relatively cheap yet still not very convenient because they need to be counted out in “meal” baggies with the threonine powdered added. I can’t tell you how much I hate that considering I need to do that 180 times for each month.

With necessity the mother of invention and laziness the father you can guess which one motivated me.

I’ve sourced a quality US supplier that will provide certificates of analysis for each amino and who will blend the proper ratio into each capsule and package it in 1800 capsule bags. This is enough to provide 32.4g/day per person for 2 months, or 64.8g/day per person for 30 days. The product is high quality and excipient free.
This brings the price down to around $100-110/person per month at 64.8g of aminos. That is around 58% of the price my wife and I paid from Nutribio. Mind you they have great packaging.
The issue is that to get this price we need to do a single purchase of nearly 370,400 capsules or nearly $20,000 USD worth before shipping to me. I obviously do not need 205 months of amino acids.

So I am proposing to share the savings with anyone that is interested, I need 205 orders (of 1800 capsules each) prepaid at 75%, I’ll cover the 25% balance and any discrepancy in shipping of the order. I will then ship the aminos to you once you pay the outstanding balance and shipping.

I currently have 47 orders from within the Meander to Greatness group, so we need another 155 orders to make this happen.
For the record I am located in Kelowna, BC, Canada. At this point this is not a business just a trial run. However, if it goes well and people like it I will consider making it a full time product.

If you are interested please send me your details via FB message or at my personal email address [email protected] and I will put you on a list and once I have the request orders I will collect the money and order it.
If you know someone that might be interested please share it with them or on relevant pages/forums.
Thank you,
Kevin

miki14

How well is gelatin absorbed and how much ammonia metabolites does maldigestion produce?

Makrosky

Hey guys. The author of this post below is a friend of mine.
I have been following the Amino Acid protocol Haidut spoke of at the start of this thread and its working wonderfully.
Kevin (the author of the post below) has been able to source high quality amino acid capsules that EXCLUDE the trash
that's in other currently available commercial AAs. His effort is not as much a business one as it is an effort to share the savings
involved in buying larger quantities. If you're interested hit him up...

Hey folks,
Like many of you my wife and I have been struggling with digestion issues, kidney issues, inflammation and weight loss issues and we thought we would share this information.
I was introduced to this post by HAIDUT in a private forum (Meander Towards Greatness by Zachariah Salazar) https://raypeatforum.com/…/amino-acid-supplementation-for-…/
The concept is to replace all or some of your protein intake to create a massive reduction in ammonia load. The reason being that most of the protein we consume is converted into ammonia in the process. So the intent is to replace it in part or in whole for a period of time to assist healing. BCAA’s and amino’s in their pure form are 99.99% bioavailable. Consider the fact that protein bioavailability is as follows; eggs 45%, dairy 30%, meats 25%, and plant based proteins are less than 15%. You can see that the balance of between 55-85% of the protein is lost to ammonia. With this ratio of amino acids, we can replace the protein we use and get zero ammonia. That is a significant reduction in systemic load.
Like most here I’m constantly trying to improve my health and would really like to take off the 20+ lbs I’m still trying to take off of the 40+ I put on trying to follow and learn from Ray’s work.
Zach or course always tries stuff on himself first to make sure its ok and to be honest his results based on Haidut’s post were nothing short of incredible. To be fair he is always implementing Ray’s work so there are many moving parts but in his own words, “it's parts of many things working within Meander Towards Greatness. That my 20lbs weight loss was 5 lbs 1st day (assuming inflammation, water) and 15lbs over another 3 weeks. The weight loss is thought to be from less inflammation, no ammonia, less total calories while meeting protein, carbs and fat needs and keeping a good temp and pulse. Maintained eating liver mousse, oysters, juice, cheese and leafy broth for trace nutrients. Won't use it forever just to hit goals, while traveling, reduce ammonia and then just intermittently. No guarantees…”

So after I read this and discussed his experience with him I decided to initially order enough to trial for a month. I decided to start at 32.4g of total Amino supplementation and this 32.4g is a complete protein replacement equivalent to 100g of dairy (30% Bio), slight more of meats (25% Bio).

I actually haven’t figured out yet how much I would need to fully replace my protein requirements but I estimate its somewhere between 130-180g of food protein or as much as 50g of amino complex.

I predominantly used it while traveling to avoid crappy foods and as a supplement rather than a full replacement. Although not causation many of my symptoms improved, better sleep, weight loss, better recovery, improvements in temp & pulse, and better libido. All my blood markers improved as well but that is something I only test every 3-6 months so I can’t say for certain that the aminos impacted those tests.

Anyways my biggest complaint was that I chose to use powders to save money and they all taste horrible. I find that a huge disincentive to using them 3-6x per day depending on how many meals you have. It’s worse for my wife has the nose and taste buds of a blood hound and she couldn’t stomach them. So this time my wife and I ordered all capsules from Nutribio, which has very similar pricing mg for mg with the other suppliers like BulkSupplements. We used the closest dosages possible per capsule and bought enough to provide a double dose per day for 30 days, or 64.8g of aminos the equivalent of 200g of dairy.

The only amino consistently unavailable in capsules is Threonine. The price turned out to be $344 USD + another almost $60 to Canada. Who knows if we’ll get a duty charge as well. So that is $172/month for each of us to fully replace 200g equivalent of protein per day or about $6/day.

In reality that will last my wife 2 months if she didn’t eat any other source of protein and used the recommended dose of 32.4g/day. That would cost less than $3/day or $1/meal. All-in-all relatively cheap yet still not very convenient because they need to be counted out in “meal” baggies with the threonine powdered added. I can’t tell you how much I hate that considering I need to do that 180 times for each month.

With necessity the mother of invention and laziness the father you can guess which one motivated me.

I’ve sourced a quality US supplier that will provide certificates of analysis for each amino and who will blend the proper ratio into each capsule and package it in 1800 capsule bags. This is enough to provide 32.4g/day per person for 2 months, or 64.8g/day per person for 30 days. The product is high quality and excipient free.
This brings the price down to around $100-110/person per month at 64.8g of aminos. That is around 58% of the price my wife and I paid from Nutribio. Mind you they have great packaging.
The issue is that to get this price we need to do a single purchase of nearly 370,400 capsules or nearly $20,000 USD worth before shipping to me. I obviously do not need 205 months of amino acids.

So I am proposing to share the savings with anyone that is interested, I need 205 orders (of 1800 capsules each) prepaid at 75%, I’ll cover the 25% balance and any discrepancy in shipping of the order. I will then ship the aminos to you once you pay the outstanding balance and shipping.

I currently have 47 orders from within the Meander to Greatness group, so we need another 155 orders to make this happen.
For the record I am located in Kelowna, BC, Canada. At this point this is not a business just a trial run. However, if it goes well and people like it I will consider making it a full time product.

If you are interested please send me your details via FB message or at my personal email address [email protected] and I will put you on a list and once I have the request orders I will collect the money and order it.
If you know someone that might be interested please share it with them or on relevant pages/forums.
Thank you,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing all of this with us. May I ask you, which is the company you buy from ? Nutribio.com ?

Steveig84

This is really interesting and something i would like to experiment with, i would still be eating protein with meals to feel full but im thinking about adding some Amino's once or twice a day to see what benefit's it would have.
My digestion is pretty good at the moment and my overall health has improved greatly. Would like to be a little more active in my free time and hoping something would help me recover faster and not damage my health while im still healing.

Warenkorb

can anyone give me feedback on this mix of amino's?

Thanks in advance.

p.s i can only confirm Haiduts comments on Carnosine improving athletic Performance i never had sore muscle regardless of training intensity while i was using it. but longterm its not affordable.

Ingenol

I tried this for the first time today. I took approximately 5g of the mixture specified by Haidut; it dissolved readily in water. The taste was unpleasant but tolerable (I'm not sure what are the worst offenders but whereas glycine and lysine alone are quite sweet and even somewhat pleasant, there was no hint of that here.) Within a few minutes I felt a sort of prickly heat on my face, exactly the same as I have felt when taking niacin, although lesser in severity.

tara

jitsmonkey

I tried this for the first time today. I took approximately 5g of the mixture specified by Haidut; it dissolved readily in water. The taste was unpleasant but tolerable (I'm not sure what are the worst offenders but whereas glycine and lysine alone are quite sweet and even somewhat pleasant, there was no hint of that here.) Within a few minutes I felt a sort of prickly heat on my face, exactly the same as I have felt when taking niacin, although lesser in severity.

the prickly sensation is from the beta alanine

NathanK

A study i recently came across on MPS and it had a couple good points of emphasis relating to this thread:

1. Take your aminos with carbs
2. Essential AA are all that are needed for MPS. Any nonessentials are purely at your own discretion (most have received mentions here).

Regulation of muscle protein by amino acids. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Ingestion of nonessential amino acids is not needed to stimulate MPS. When carbohydrate alone is ingested there is minimal effect on MPS, but there is an interactive effect with amino acid ingestion, meaning the response to amino acids plus glucose is more than the sum of their individual effects..."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
A study i recently came across on MPS and it had a couple good points of emphasis relating to this thread:

1. Take your aminos with carbs
2. Essential AA are all that are needed for MPS. Any nonessentials are purely at your own discretion (most have received mentions here).

Regulation of muscle protein by amino acids. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Ingestion of nonessential amino acids is not needed to stimulate MPS. When carbohydrate alone is ingested there is minimal effect on MPS, but there is an interactive effect with amino acid ingestion, meaning the response to amino acids plus glucose is more than the sum of their individual effects..."

And recently tryptophan has been proposed to be reclassified as non-essential for protein synthesis, and methionine to be labelled as essential only in doses of up to 200mg daily. Glycine, taurine and alanine may be classified as essential on the other hand.

NathanK

And recently tryptophan has been proposed to be reclassified as non-essential for protein synthesis, and methionine to be labelled as essential only in doses of up to 200mg daily. Glycine, taurine and alanine may be classified as essential on the other hand.
Thats good to hear. For the amount of taurine i ingest (and exercise), ive recently decided to add back beta alanine with my other nonessentials even though im not a fan of the tingling. Ive had a noticable lowering of gut inflammation since adding this back into my diet a week ago

Kang

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing all of this with us. May I ask you, which is the company you buy from ? Nutribio.com ?

Hi Makrosky, so sorry for this ridiculously late reply but I usually come here to read and learn and if there's a notification options in the settings b Meissen it.

We have the product competed now - Dan Wich recently added the CoA to the thread found here. Yep, here's the forum thread: Custom Amino Blend Group Buy

To answer your question I went through a Canadian encapsulator as the US company wanted to add 4 excipients at he 11.5th hour and increase costs. We had to jump through a lot more hoops in Canada due to the more stringent standards but we have a Natrual health products number now and we're approved. We had the encapsulation company source everything as we didn't have the purchasing power. The source of raw materials was china but we layered in checks with individual CoA's plus a battery of tests on the blend that included heavy metals, micro, and potency assurance.

We've almost sold out, I think only 30-40 bottles left and they just arrived on the 7th of January.

Like Haidut has mention this isn't meant to be a perfect supplement but a support or stepping stone.

Any questions hit me up, I'll try to follow this better now or use my email [email protected]

Kang

NathanK

Hi NathanK can you post the whole study please? The abstract is notably light on details.
Here you go. I had to dig around for where i saved it.

I was going to add another good one that pertained to the key role the kidneys (as much as the liver) play in gluconeogenisis. It spelled out pretty much why Ray likes to keep insulin high, but unfortunately i must have deleted it.

I found the one i mentioned earlier in the thread. If working out, its a good idea to take your mix prior to or during (with carbs) for max benefit.

Attachments

• J. Nutr.-2002-Wolfe-3219S-24S.pdf
    152.9 KB · Views: 20
  • mitch1993.pdf
    530.6 KB · Views: 21

Waynish

Looks like it includes tryptophan now... What are the best available amino supplements (and/or BCAA sources)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

tomisonbottom

i can only confirm Haiduts comments on Carnosine improving athletic Performance i never had sore muscle regardless of training intensity while i was using it. but longterm its not affordable.

Wow, that's awesome. How much did you take? And to clarify, you were doing heavy weights that would normally make you sore otherwise?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals