Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Agent207 said:
post 103473 But Isn't collagen production one of the factors that help to keep your skin from degradating in time?

Nope, collagen actually increases with age. It's the high estrogen and cortisol that destroy your skin. The first sign is the skin on your hands - the veins become very visible on the back of your palm, especially around the knuckles. It is well known that cortisol increases with age, and it looks like the public opinion on estrogen is also turning, so soon you will see admissions that estrogen also increases with age. Cortisol, estrogen, and serotonin are very catabolic for tissues, and your best best for keeping skin healthy is probably taking some sort of antihistamine (blocks estrogen effects) and antiserotonin drug like cyproheptadine, which will also lower cortisol. Gleatin is also very helpful, but b/c it is used to make more collagen. It's the anti-inflammatory actions of glycine and proline that work wonders for skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent207

Thanks for clearing it out. I guess you meant anti-inflamatory in the last afirmation. In older post from you I remember cypro should be take in a combo with another stuff, like lisuride... can´t remeber why but it sounds to me that it (cypro) needed to be balanced for some reason (maybe it can lowers dopamine?)

Back to the aminos, aside from ajinomoto ones Im very skepical of the quality (aka allergens, manufacturing byproducts...etc) found on free amino forms... I have phenyl, tyro and lysine from source naturals but I try to no use them on a frequent basis.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Agent207 said:
post 103580 Thanks for clearing it out. I guess you meant anti-inflamatory in the last afirmation. In older post from you I remember cypro should be take in a combo with another stuff, like lisuride... can´t remeber why but it sounds to me that it (cypro) needed to be balanced for some reason (maybe it can lowers dopamine?)

Back to the aminos, aside from ajinomoto ones Im very skepical of the quality (aka allergens, manufacturing byproducts...etc) found on free amino forms... I have phenyl, tyro and lysine from source naturals but I try to no use them on a frequent basis.

Corrected, thanks.
Yes, cyprohetadine can lower dopamine in some people since it is an antagonist at D3 "receptor". So, I think (and this is just personal opinion) that cyproheptadine is best combined with a dopaminergic drug like bromocriptine, lisuride, pramipexole or even low dose cabergoline.

Agent207

haidut said:
post 103593
Agent207 said:
post 103580 Thanks for clearing it out. I guess you meant anti-inflamatory in the last afirmation. In older post from you I remember cypro should be take in a combo with another stuff, like lisuride... can´t remeber why but it sounds to me that it (cypro) needed to be balanced for some reason (maybe it can lowers dopamine?)

Corrected, thanks.
Yes, cyprohetadine can lower dopamine in some people since it is an antagonist at D3 "receptor". So, I think (and this is just personal opinion) that cyproheptadine is best combined with a dopaminergic drug like bromocriptine, lisuride, pramipexole or even low dose cabergoline.

You mention cabergoline and bromocriptine... Im curious that you forget selegiline, one of the most popular and safer dopamine breakdown protector (at low doses).

(pd. reported previous post by error at pretending to select "quote" link)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Agent207 said:
post 104088
haidut said:
post 103593
Agent207 said:

Corrected, thanks.

You mention cabergoline and bromocriptine... Im curious that you forget selegiline, one of the most popular and safer dopamine breakdown protector (at low doses).

(pd. reported previous post by error at pretending to select "quote" link)

Yeah, selegiline is also an option but it can be a very powerful MAO-A inhibitor in people with high estrogen and thus cause serotonin syndrome. But thanks for bringing it up. It's nice to have an extra option for those that don't have access to the dopamine agonists mentioned before.

Giraffe

haidut said:
post 103359 So, my version of MAP looks like this:

1,200mg leucine
600mg valine
600mg isoleucine
500 phenylalanine
500mg lysine
500mg threonine
500mg glycine
500mg taurine
500mg beta alanine
I am going to try a modified form of this amino acid mapping. I am planning to supplement 5 g BCAA and some tyrosine (maybe taurine as well) with the major part of the proteins coming from milk and gelatin.

The ratios for most of the above amino acid (Haidut's map) look OK. Only threonine is low (~ 60%) while glycine is high (200%). I hope that the glycine and the serine (from milk) will make up for the low threonine. Glutamic acid and arginine are high.

Will this work? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Agent207

Well, at lower doses under 10mg/week selegiline is reported to be a selective MAO-B inhibitor.

jitsmonkey

How many times per day would you dose this?

haidut said:
post 103359 Looks fine to me. My BCAA has 1200mg leucine, 600mg isoleucine, 600mg valine so to make things easier I just add 500mg of the remaining amino acids. It has been shown that using equal amount of the essential aminos works just as well, so to keep things simple I do that. So, my version of MAP looks like this:

1,200mg leucine
600mg valine
600mg isoleucine
500 phenylalanine
500mg lysine
500mg threonine
500mg glycine
500mg taurine
500mg beta alanine

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jitsmonkey said:
post 104778 How many times per day would you dose this?

haidut said:
post 103359 Looks fine to me. My BCAA has 1200mg leucine, 600mg isoleucine, 600mg valine so to make things easier I just add 500mg of the remaining amino acids. It has been shown that using equal amount of the essential aminos works just as well, so to keep things simple I do that. So, my version of MAP looks like this:

1,200mg leucine
600mg valine
600mg isoleucine
500 phenylalanine
500mg lysine
500mg threonine
500mg glycine
500mg taurine
500mg beta alanine

There is no upper or lower dose as this is a protein replacement regimen. The original post explains what is the replacement ratio.

tara

haidut said:
post 102846 The aminos for the MAP formula are decently soluble in water. You can use this chart to determine how much water/liquid you need.
https://www.anaspec.com/html/amino_acid ... rties.html

However, given the low amount (500mg) of each amino per dose, you should be able to dissolve them all in as little as 100ml of liquid such as apple juice. I don't think water soluble salts of metals like magnesium glycinate will interfere with the aminos, but they do need to be accounted for when dissolving the mix. Magnesium glycinate will add more glycine to the mix. Glycine is not an issue since it is so water soluble, but if it is another amino acid salt like aspartate, arginate, etc then it may affect solubility of the entire mixture.

Thanks Haidut,
I guess keeping powders mixed may not be a goer. I think I'll try to do 7-8 days worth dissolved in water, as I do with the B-vits.
I don't currently have all the amino acids in your proposed mix, but I'd like to get a little of the glycine, lysine, taurine and maybe BCAAs in a consistent way once or twice a day for a while to see if that is useful for me. This should make it easier on the tuit budget.

(Still wondering how the BCAA powders without other additives stay mixed?)

YuraCZ

haidut said:
post 103541
Agent207 said:
post 103473 But Isn't collagen production one of the factors that help to keep your skin from degradating in time?

Nope, collagen actually increases with age. It's the high estrogen and cortisol that destroy your skin. The first sign is the skin on your hands - the veins become very visible on the back of your palm, especially around the knuckles. It is well known that cortisol increases with age, and it looks like the public opinion on estrogen is also turning, so soon you will see admissions that estrogen also increases with age. Cortisol, estrogen, and serotonin are very catabolic for tissues, and your best best for keeping skin healthy is probably taking some sort of antihistamine (blocks estrogen effects) and antiserotonin drug like cyproheptadine, which will also lower cortisol. Gleatin is also very helpful, but b/c it is used to make more collagen. It's the anti-inflammatory actions of glycine and proline that work wonders for skin.
but estrogen and cortisol can't destroy your skin, blood vessels etc. directly right? High estrogen will be cause of exhaustion antagonist nutrients such as vit C, zinc, B vits. Estrogen will also destroy your liver= bad absorbtion of fat soluble vitamins etc.. and high cortisol causes loss of all micronutrients.. So when damage has been done under high stress-estrogen and now you don't have enough these micronutrients and building blocks for tissue and collagen rebuilding. You can't expect improvements, until you start giving to your body raw materials for regeneration.. So again it is not directly estrogen or cortisol, but lack of micronutrients what will **** you up, as deficiency of these nutrients will increase over time...

jaakkima

Haidut,
On the Generative Energy podcast you mentioned an amino acid combining with ammonia to form urea and thus improving health by eliminating ammonia. Pardon if you already mentioned it but which amino acid was it? I couldn't hear well. Thanks

Swan

jaakkima said:
post 106569 Haidut,
On the Generative Energy podcast you mentioned an amino acid combining with ammonia to form urea and thus improving health by eliminating ammonia. Pardon if you already mentioned it but which amino acid was it? I couldn't hear well. Thanks
Ornithine

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Swan said:
post 106570
jaakkima said:
post 106569 Haidut,
Ornithine

Yes, ornithine is one of them. However, a safer and more effective way is probably using ceylon cinnamon, B1, biotin, zinc, etc. Raising CO2 is the safest way, and this is what B1 and biotin probably do to lower ammonia.
Excess ornithine can convert into arginine and increase NO. There is a drug approved for cirrhosis and it is ornithine-aspartate combo. It lowers ammonia at doses of 18g a day and the human studies used anywhere from 2g to 14g daily of ornithine for lowering ammonia. At these doses it may increase arginine availability for synthesizing NO. But short term use is probably OK.

tara

YuraCZ said:
post 106567 but estrogen and cortisol can't destroy your skin, blood vessels etc. directly right?
I thought chronically high endogenous cortisol or topically applied corticosteroids did pretty directly lead to thinning skin? Doesn't it directly oppose the normal continual regeneration of skin?

goodandevil

sunmountain said:
:bow Great post, Haidut!! THANK YOU!

As you know, I'm trying Gbolduev's plankton for a month or so for SIBO. If I don't see benefits on it for sibo and stop it, I know now how to supplement protein, thanks to this post.

Charlie, this post needs to be a sticky!!!

How did the plankton work for you?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
For people that have not seen this:
viewtopic.php?f=140&t=8302

Relevant to the discussion in this thread for people who want to keep eating regular protein but have trouble utilizing it.

FredSonoma

I'm going to try supplementating lysine and theanine topically, should I dissolve it in ethanol and water?