Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Yep, BCAA are double-edged sword - they deplete whatever aromatic amino acid is in dearth. If both phenylalanine/tyrosine and tyrptophan are in dearth (i.e. taking BCAA on their own) then BCAA will deplete both serotonin and dopamine. This is probably the reason for their mixed effect on human trials on fatigue. However, this study recognized this fact and remediated it by adding 1,000mg - 1,500mg tyrosine to the 3g of BCAA. If you click on the author's name "Fernstrom" you will see him doing studies on BCAA and neurotransmitter depletion going back 20 years. His studies is what got me experimenting with BCAA, tyrosine, phenylalanine, etc several years ago.
Oral branched-chain amino acid supplements that reduce brain serotonin during exercise in rats also lower brain catecholamines. - PubMed - NCBI

Link to author's other amino acid studies:
Fernstrom JD - PubMed - NCBI[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=23904096
i had good results with the BCAA and tyrosine combo but got pretty intense diarrhea the fourth time I did it (sorry for TMI but relevant symptom). I wonder if this is a common symptom?

If I only eat 150g of white rice and 200g butter and only a few vegetables, plus the Impower pills (all essential amino acids except histidine, methionine, and tryptophan), wold I need to supplement with other amino acids as well? What about histidine, methionine, and tryptophan? My tryptophan sensitivity prevents me from eating more of it, so I dunno how I'd solve it if necessary.

This looks like an extremely poor way of eating, micronutrients wise?

Kang

not reselling, but advising:

amino acids have contaminants from processing, look for high quality, for example:
AjiPure® pharmaceutical-grade amino acids

Here is another worth reading What is "Pharmaceutical Grade" Manufacturing?reading.
Here is an interesting link on purity and another. You'll note that "pharmaceutical grade' isn't an option. I think what you are looking for is USP. This was a learning process for us as we have our product manufactured in Canada.

Amazoniac

Metabolic acidosis during parenteral nutrition: Pathophysiological mechanisms :smokingcrack

"In the early era of TPN, MA was rarely observed because used solutions were enriched with proteins (protein hydrosylates) and did not cause significant nitrogen retention.[6] The newer TPN solutions contain synthetically produced amino acids (L-amino acids), instead of albumin, in concentrations ranging from 5.5% to 15%. The wide variation in the content of amino acids, provide the opportunity of treatment individualization according to the needs of each clinical case.[7]

L-amino acids according to their charge are subdivided in cationic and anionic amino acids. Cationic amino acids are arginine, lysine and histidine (positive charge), and sulfur-containing amino acids like methionine, cysteine and cystine, while anionic amino acids are lactic, acetic, aspartatic and glutaminic acids (negative charge).[8,9] Solutions containing L-amino acids come in three different types, those containing only cationic amino acids, those with only anionic amino acids and mixed solutions. Metabolism of cationic amino acids of TPN results in production of H+ according to equation:

R-NH3+ O2↔ Urea + CO2+ H2O + H+​

The H+ ions produced through metabolism of amino acids remain in extracellular space and are added to those produced from catabolism. Human body is unable to neutralize this excess of acids with the available bases reserves (HCO3-), resulting in MA.[9] On the contrary, metabolism of anionic amino acids is characterized by the consumption of H+. Thus, in mixed TPN solutions, if the content of cationic amino acids is higher than anionic, this results in a greater quantity of produced H+ than the one which could be consumed during their metabolism, with final consequence the appearance of MA. This difference (excess of H+) between metabolized cationic and anionic amino acids is characterized as cation gap.[9]

Oxidation of sulfur-containing amino acids leads to the production of sulfate, the addition of which in extracellular space leads to the appearance of MA.[10,11] As sulfate is a not a measured anion, MA arising is characterized by increased anion gap. Moreover, sulfate is not reabsorbed from renal tubules and is excreted by the kidneys as sodium sulfate, leading to extracellular volume contraction and increased reabsorption of (NaCl) with final result the appearance of hyperchloremic MA.[12]"

"Hypophosphatemia, observed during TPN support therapy, is partially responsible for the occurrence and maintenance of MA. Hypophosphatemia observed in critically ill patients, is one of the main electrolyte disorders of the refeeding syndrome. Refeeding syndrome describes a constellation of metabolic disturbances that occur as a result of reinstitution of nutrition to patients who are starved or severely malnourished. In particular, hypophosphatemia occurs due to the utilization of phosphorus for the development of new cells and tissue regeneration.

Hypophosphatemia results in the reduction of serum phosphate levels and a reduction of the phosphate amount filtered through the glomerulus and which participates, together with bicarbonate and ammonium buffer system, in the renal removal of nonvolatile H+. Reduction of phosphate leads to a reduction of H+ elimination from renal tubules through the phosphate buffer system (reduction of urinary TTA).[33]

Previous studies have described a syndrome observed during TPN, which was due to hypophosphatemia.[34,35] The syndrome was characterized by paraesthesia, dysarthria, confusion, hyperventilation and lethargy. At cellular level, deficiency of 2, 3 diphosphoglycerate and adenosine triphosphate in red blood cells was the main finding, leading to increased risk for hemolysis and increased O2 affinity (impaired tissue release, tissue hypoxemia-lactic acidosis)."

@Amazoniac :smokingsombrero -> "supplementation of unbalanced, selected amino acids" can cause an abnormally elevated level of the chloride ion in the blood PLUS An electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally low level of phosphate in the blood, most commonly seen when malnourished patients are given large amounts of carbohydrates, creating a high phosphorus demand in the cells of the body due to utilization of phosphorus for the development of new cells and tissue regeneration. ?

Amazoniac

@Amazoniac :smokingsombrero -> "supplementation of unbalanced, selected amino acids" can cause an abnormally elevated level of the chloride ion in the blood PLUS An electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally low level of phosphate in the blood, most commonly seen when malnourished patients are given large amounts of carbohydrates, creating a high phosphorus demand in the cells of the body due to utilization of phosphorus for the development of new cells and tissue regeneration. ?
At least that one is plausible, but..
Cationic amino acids are arginine, lysine and histidine (positive charge), and sulfur-containing amino acids like methionine, cysteine and cystine, while anionic amino acids are lactic, acetic, aspartatic and glutaminic acids (negative charge).[8,9]
:smokingjoint

At least that one is plausible, but..

:smokingjoint
Actually I was wasted ! ..but coudlnt find the beer drinking emoticon ! :p (I was so lazy and drunk that, then I decided... to try to understand yur post and give a seemingly intelligible reaction.. I settled for using my in -browser translate app to decipher it and put 2 and 2 together then eventually semi-knowledgeable-ly put together my cooked-up-dictionary-sourced response. that was still pretty effective lol :shame:

DankMemes

I have been using an essential amino acid sports product and am enjoying it. I would like to remove milk and meats (besides liver) from my diet as I feel they are making me sluggish and bloated. I want to increase my muscle mass so I am aiming for 150-200g of protein a day. The product I am using has the following ratios

Per 100g

L Leucine (mg) 25,000
L Lysine (mg) 16,000
L Valine (mg) 14,000
L Theronine (mg) 13,500
L Isoleucine (mg) 11,000
L Methionine (mg) 9,000
L Phenylalanine (mg) 4,500
L Histidine (mg) 4,500
L Tryptophan (mg) 2,500
Histidine and Tryptophan are low which is great. The methionine is concerning but I think given the ratio it is not too bad.

I am adding Glycine, Taurine, Beta Alanine and Tyrosine (I will drop tyrosine after reading Haidut's comments). I was adding Creatine monohydrate but found it upsets my stomach so I discontinued.

I have only been using these products once a day mixed in apple juice (about 5g of the EAAs mix, 1g of glycine/taurine/beta alanine and ~200-300mg tyrosine). I am going to use this combo multiple times a day to replace my meat and dairy intake and see how I react.

All criticism is appreciated, I would like to know what people think of this ratio and also how much of this blend would equate to say 1L of milk or 100g of ground beef etc.

milkboi

Could I mix all the amino acids for one day in a juice and then drink 1/4 4x a day or will the amino acids degrade after a while?

theLaw

For anyone who doesn't know. The Impower product is now available from Amazon.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A.R

I have been using an essential amino acid sports product and am enjoying it. I would like to remove milk and meats (besides liver) from my diet as I feel they are making me sluggish and bloated. I want to increase my muscle mass so I am aiming for 150-200g of protein a day. The product I am using has the following ratios

Per 100g

L Leucine (mg) 25,000
L Lysine (mg) 16,000
L Valine (mg) 14,000
L Theronine (mg) 13,500
L Isoleucine (mg) 11,000
L Methionine (mg) 9,000
L Phenylalanine (mg) 4,500
L Histidine (mg) 4,500
L Tryptophan (mg) 2,500
Histidine and Tryptophan are low which is great. The methionine is concerning but I think given the ratio it is not too bad.

I am adding Glycine, Taurine, Beta Alanine and Tyrosine (I will drop tyrosine after reading Haidut's comments). I was adding Creatine monohydrate but found it upsets my stomach so I discontinued.

I have only been using these products once a day mixed in apple juice (about 5g of the EAAs mix, 1g of glycine/taurine/beta alanine and ~200-300mg tyrosine). I am going to use this combo multiple times a day to replace my meat and dairy intake and see how I react.

All criticism is appreciated, I would like to know what people think of this ratio and also how much of this blend would equate to say 1L of milk or 100g of ground beef etc.
How has this experience gone so far?

Amazoniac

I was wondering if it was possible to predict the safety of an isolated amino acid by its taste..

upload_2019-5-17_8-43-54.png

Source: the internet.

--
In case you're a fly or know one, check this out:
- Taste preference for amino acids is dependent on internal nutritional state in Drosophila melanogaster

milkboi

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals