Amino acid stack to deplete serotonin?

AnonE

I've heard about this on a podcast featuring @haidut , I was just wondering what exactly is the stack / regimen? Ratios between the AAs? Would like to experiment. Thanks!

success23

Just take BCAA + Phenylalanine first thing in the morning and limtin your tryptophan intake for the rest of your day.

dukesbobby777

Do a fruitarian diet with some cheese and gelatin. That should work (if it didn’t digest so terribly!)

OP
A

AnonE

Are there particular ratios? Something about making sure you don't deplete the other monoamines either. I heard him discuss on a podcast, with numbers between the AAs, but I can't recall or find it at the moment. Will keep searching...

milkboi

There‘s a search function, did you know?

Nomane Euger

I've heard about this on a podcast featuring @haidut , I was just wondering what exactly is the stack / regimen? Ratios between the AAs? Would like to experiment. Thanks!
Gélatine it self feel serotonin
Depleting,first time I ate a lot of gelatin I started to have dreams where I had sex with animals,and according to an experiment cited by haidut serotonin depletion in animals led to hypersexuality where they had sex inter sex inter species,make your self some good old
Gelatin

OP
A

AnonE

There‘s a search function, did you know?

Oh yeah, I finally found that thread, took some time searching.

"So, the attached study recently came out and it confirmed that one can reduce serotonin BUT keep dopamine intact (maybe even increase it a little) by ingesting a BCAA combo in the dosage 19mg/kg:12mg/kg:12mg/kg (leucine:isoleucine:valine) AND adding tyrosine at the dosage of 14mg/kg. To me this amounts to about taking 3500mg of BCAA and 1500mg tyrosine."

So that was exactly what I was looking for, awesome:)

Hans

Forum Supporter
Oh yeah, I finally found that thread, took some time searching.

"So, the attached study recently came out and it confirmed that one can reduce serotonin BUT keep dopamine intact (maybe even increase it a little) by ingesting a BCAA combo in the dosage 19mg/kg:12mg/kg:12mg/kg (leucine:isoleucine:valine) AND adding tyrosine at the dosage of 14mg/kg. To me this amounts to about taking 3500mg of BCAA and 1500mg tyrosine."

So that was exactly what I was looking for, awesome:)
I would also add niacinamide to that mix, since NAD helps to recycle BH4, which is the cofactor for the rate-limited enzymes in dopamine synthesis. Also, if you have lots of ROS and inflammation, then adding vitamin C can also be helpful to increase BH4.

3.5g BCAA
1.5g Tyrosine
100-250mg Niacinamide (500mg if B3 intake has been low for a long time)
500mg Vitamin C

As a side note, bright light such as sunlight seems to be a limiting factor for dopamine synthesis from tyrosine. So getting outside after about 10min after this stack can also be helpful.

And as already mentioned, gelatin is sometimes used as an alternative to BCAAs in some of these serotonin depletion studies. But just have some carbs with it as the gelatin can lower blood sugar to a significant extent.

OP
A

AnonE

I would also add niacinamide to that mix, since NAD helps to recycle BH4, which is the cofactor for the rate-limited enzymes in dopamine synthesis. Also, if you have lots of ROS and inflammation, then adding vitamin C can also be helpful to increase BH4.

3.5g BCAA
1.5g Tyrosine
100-250mg Niacinamide (500mg if B3 intake has been low for a long time)
500mg Vitamin C

As a side note, bright light such as sunlight seems to be a limiting factor for dopamine synthesis from tyrosine. So getting outside after about 10min after this stack can also be helpful.

And as already mentioned, gelatin is sometimes used as an alternative to BCAAs in some of these serotonin depletion studies. But just have some carbs with it as the gelatin can lower blood sugar to a significant extent.

Awesome thanks. Quick side note - any opinion on niacinamide (no flush) vs niacin (which does flush)?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Awesome thanks. Quick side note - any opinion on niacinamide (no flush) vs niacin (which does flush)?
If the goal is to increase NAD, I'd go for niacinamide. Niacin can cause an overshoot of lipolysis and fatty acids if the dose is sufficient and this can lead to worsening of insulin resistance for some people.

OP
A

AnonE

Cool thanks again. I just had the stack described pretty much, in a glass of OJ. Serotonin be gone!

OP
A

AnonE

Honestly I couldn't really tell today, at least nothing super obvious. It was one of those 'woke up on the wrong side of the bed' days, though I suppose after I took the mix, my concentration for work improved for a good solid few hours. I'll try again tomorrow after catching up on sleep.

dukesbobby777

Gélatine it self feel serotonin
Depleting,first time I ate a lot of gelatin I started to have dreams where I had sex with animals,and according to an experiment cited by haidut serotonin depletion in animals led to hypersexuality where they had sex inter sex inter species,make your self some good old
Gelatin

That makes me want to never touch gelatin again to be honest. Thankfully it doesn’t have that effect on me. Increasing libido to have sex with a good woman is about my limit.

If I ever have desires to start humping chickens or cows, then that’s definitely concerning.

Nomane Euger

That makes me want to never touch gelatin again to be honest. Thankfully it doesn’t have that effect on me. Increasing libido to have sex with a good woman is about my limit.

If I ever have desires to start humping chickens or cows, then that’s definitely concerning.
It did it after a certain amount,it stopped as soon as I reduced the amount

Nomane Euger

How much gelatin were you taking?
I didn’t count exactly,I made it myself,it was as concentrated as it could get,but at least 40 50 grammes daily,and I was eating only 300 to 400 grammes of muscle meat,the muscle meat was almost raw and at this very period I didn’t have a great digestion due to eating to much liver,so either the ratio tryptophan gélatine was off,or I was jut not digestion the muscle meat but digesting the gelatine