American Class System: My Essay

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

LUH 3417

Are you offering a definition of "racism"? Is it any law or practice that takes race into consideration? 'Cause that's definitely not how it's used.
Racism is the belief and practice that treats ethnically distinct groups as biologically and morally inferior.

lampofred

Are you offering a definition of "racism"? Is it any law or practice that takes race into consideration? 'Cause that's definitely not how it's used.

I don't see how anyone could think racism doesn't exist unless you have lived your whole life in a highly liberal location like LA or San Francisco.

Racism definitely exists and not even subtle racism, racism of the crudest kind like "blacks are subhuman animals" definitely exists.

tygertgr

Racism doesn't exist as an objective categorical concept. Even the previous example of anti-miscegenation laws fail under the definition offered. I'd be fine with that definition, but it obviates 99% of claims of racism, so it can't be right.

In practice the concept is only ever a cudgel against certain people. It has no uniform underlying principles. It is always an ethnic critique. It is itself "racist", if you will.

lampofred

You should be a lawyer... Using verbal jugglery to convince people left is right and right is left.

sunraiser

Talk like this usually comes from people who have never really experienced a foreign culture in any depth. Peoples are very different. It's usually from upper middle class Euros or American who have had some selective dealings with foreigners that happen to be assimilated to their worldview.

I have lived in a culture and continent completely foreign to my native one, alongside spending lots of time with people from different ethnicities and culture via the joys of the internet and university and life in multicultural UK in general.

Foreigners that have "assimilated a world view" are just humans that move to a different culture and are a product of their new experience, just like other humans. You literally undermine your own point within the paragraph.

So while your assumptions about my experiences are wrong, I'm interested in your experiences - which your comment implies are the opposite of what you stated. Tell me about your experiences and vast dealings with different ethnicities and foreigners and how you came to such different conclusions to me. Tell me how they've lead you to believe they're "undermining democracy"?

PS: Fox news doesn't count.

@Amarsh213 sorry to derail the thread - I like your listing and it makes sense, though I don't know how practically useful it is to make such specific designations. It's definitely useful to see the trends in political and social views and actual political awareness of such groups.

I pretty much agree with your sentiments!

tygertgr

spending lots of time with people from different ethnicities and culture via the joys of the internet and university and life in multicultural UK in general.

Foreigners that have "assimilated a world view" are just humans that move to a different culture and are a product of their new experience

Your worldview is that of the global essentially anglo commercial empire. You interact with a small globalized cohort that finds it amenable, without realizing how alienating it is to huge swathes of humanity. The cohort often has more in common with each other than their respective cultures. (For example, I bet you are bit baffled by the motivations behind Brexit.)

This view of humans as globally interchangeable atoms that can be uprooted and transferred to share recipes and multicultural experiences and it's all just wonderful, well, that is a sort of cultural imperialism. It serves the interests of the empire. I'm reminded of the scene in Full Metal Jacket: "inside every gook there is an American trying to get out." Well, it's just not true. Peoples are very different.

LUH 3417

Your worldview is that of the global essentially anglo commercial empire. You interact with a small globalized cohort that finds it amenable, without realizing how alienating it is to huge swathes of humanity. The cohort often has more in common with each other than their respective cultures. (For example, I bet you are bit baffled by the motivations behind Brexit.)

This view of humans as globally interchangeable atoms that can be uprooted and transferred to share recipes and multicultural experiences and it's all just wonderful, well, that is a sort of cultural imperialism. It serves the interests of the empire. I'm reminded of the scene in Full Metal Jacket: "inside every gook there is an American trying to get out." Well, it's just not true. Peoples are very different.
culture is usually far more destructive than constructive.

kyle

Like clockwork.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Op talks about class then thread turns into ebil whitey.

Fractality

Yes, there are classes, and we more or less identify them similarly. The looming question remains; how do we fix it?

tygertgr

Bacon's Rebellion, Boston Tea Party, Shay's Rebellion, Battle of Blair Mountain, etc.

America made more progress on the class front than almost any other nation because the right people were always a bit scared. By the 1950s the class problem had been substantially ameliorated and a broad, culturally assertive middle class imposed its norms on both the elites and the underclass. This arrangement was disagreeable to global capital, hence the shift to multiculturalism, mass immigration, and "progressive" social values. The elite wanted a more docile, less frightening populace. So it began importing one, and also demoralizing the people with anti-bourgeois cultural programming.

Cirion

Bacon's Rebellion, Boston Tea Party, Shay's Rebellion, Battle of Blair Mountain, etc.

America made more progress on the class front than almost any other nation because the right people were always a bit scared. By the 1950s the class problem had been substantially ameliorated and a broad, culturally assertive middle class imposed its norms on both the elites and the underclass. This arrangement was disagreeable to global capital, hence the shift to multiculturalism, mass immigration, and "progressive" social values. The elite wanted a more docile, less frightening populace. So it began importing one, and also demoralizing the people with anti-bourgeois cultural programming.

This brings to mind a burning question in my mind. Why the cognitive dissonance and directly polar opposite goals in the minds of liberals then? Let me be specific/clarify:

I firmly believe (as did the founders of America) that the 2nd amendment rights are a strong deterrent to a government growing out of control. Think of it as another balance in the list of checks and balances of the government. As Japan said "You cannot invade mainland US, there would be a gun behind every blade of grass" it's also why the government wouldn't dare try gun confiscation or something equally bad on a national scale. It wouldn't end well for anyone.

With that said, why do liberals love the idea of reducing the gun rights of Americans more and more every year? They say its "to protect the children" and others from harm, but this is just a smokescreen IMO. The truth of the matter is, the government plays the people for a fool, and people (liberals in particular) lick it up like its mana from heaven. The fact of the matter is, if the government had their way (little to no gun rights left), then no one would be armed, and with no more fear from the government of retaliation, they would be now unchecked to further expand their agenda unfettered. The problem ultimately is the government, and people holding true power, not Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates etc, these people are just puppets of the state.

Look, the truth is virtually everything that you see in the media, in politics is actually a smokescreen and there are hidden, deeper agendas at play. Politicians play 3D or even "4D" chess - thinking several steps ahead of the average person, and they don't even realize they're being played for a fool.

TL;DR my point is, liberals hold way too much faith in government to solve all their problems when really they are the problem! The punchline here, is in the context of what you said, they achieve their goals and we (well liberals do, I don't) happily accept it in the name of "security". What I am saying is that liberals truly do not have a game plan for what they want. They say they want one thing, which is in direct conflict with another goal they have. There is no consistency or order to the madness.

The government is purposefully dividing us up and fighting amongst ourselves, which is genius really. I will never agree with liberal policies, but I think there can and should be common ground between them and conservatives, because neither are the true enemy - it's the people in power that are. They make us fight their war for them so they don't have to lift a finger. Divide and conquer. They make up phantom "enemies" like the "corporations" and "super rich" so that it diverts attention from the REAL problem that both liberals and conservatives alike need to be pushing back from - unchecked, out of control governmental power! They are the one to blame, not Jeff Bezos. All Jeff Bezos is, is a man who took advantage of a system already in place and as long as people like him toe the line and Facebook and others also toe the line and promote Big Government policies, the powers that be allow them to continue to exist.

Money is power ultimately, and most of us don't have money, but at least we can scare the upper echelon a little by being well armed. What does virtually every police state have in common? Lack of an armed populace and complete control of all firearms so that there's exactly zero percent chance of an uprising. As long as we still have a 2nd amendment, we have something to fall back to. In fact, if I recall right, the ultimate reason that full automatics were banned back in the early 1900s was not because of crime committed by full autos, but because a group of patriots protested in D.C. all toting Thompsons (this is just from memory, I might have missed a couple of details). The powers that be, scared out of their minds (rightfully so) promptly banned full autos, and to this day it's almost impossible to even get a conceal carry permit in D.C. (the laws recently relaxed slightly, but still difficult). Gun control has never been, is not, and never will be about safety, security, or protection of the populace. That's just what they tell the public. Gun control is about safety, security, and protection of the government from the common folk!

Last edited:

Rand56

They say its "to protect the children" and others from harm, but this is just a smokescreen IMO. The truth of the matter is, the government plays the people for a fool, and people (liberals in particular) lick it up like its mana from heaven

The government is purposefully dividing us up and fighting amongst ourselves, which is genius really

Divide and conquer

+1

yerrag

Theres a lot it. I rate @sunraiser ‘s political acumen and contributions here on RPF and I‘d like to think you both have fair points.

tygerter is absolutely right about the relationship between a fairly functional democracy and a stable middle class. Only a broad, financially and workplace-secure middle class with good education can participate adequately in democratic processes and can even find the time to be informed about political affairs.
If such a society is culturally homogenous it seems that’s even better. But that might just be a correlation instead of a cause.
We have only one empirical time-period to observe the downfall of functioning democratic societies. The postwar-west up until the early 90s. Elites recognized that to foster their power, the middle classes have to be eroded and all that comes with it. Globalization coincides with that Endeavour and such the dehomogenization of successful democracies. It’s likely that the middle classes would have eroded without migration-influx but it‘s also likely that migration of uneducated, culturally very different people into the western democracies hastened the downfall. It is not a necessary condition and reason on its own, but it cannot be ignored either out of misunderstood identity-considerations.
Very well said. The elites in the developed world envy the elites in the developing world. So they set out to level the playing field by squeezing the middle class by all means possible - taxes, watered-down education, the burden of excess regulation and the fear of lawsuits, censorship, politically correct staitjackets, etc. etc. The pulp that's left is an acquiescent and government-dependent lower class that they can control like puppets.

Regina

American Class Structure

As ray peat said “Class” was taken out of politics in the 1960s, and replaced with identity/cultural issues.

The masses are then constantly pitted against each other.

“RP: If people think they are being treated fairly by the government, they won’t oppose what it does. For many years, schools, mass media, and government agencies have convinced lower income people that they are in the “middle class,” by publicizing the median personal or household income, which they often call average income, rather than the actual average income. At present, the median household income in the U.S. is about $54,000, and the average household income is about $140,000. I’ve spoken to many educated people, including newspaper writers, over the last several decades who were unaware of the real numbers. In a graduate seminar in 1960, the professor interrupted me to say “there are no classes in the United States.” I had heard that in high school, but I was shocked to hear it bluntly stated by a professor, and it sensitized me to the extent of the craziness that constitutes our public culture.”

American Class System:

1) Deep State- These are upper brass positions of secret agencies, Military, Electoral, Judges, Council on foreign relations, Bilderberg, leaders of Massive hedge funds like BlackRock/State street: who control 10% equity in every S&P 500 company.

Their power comes from connections, control, and the state. At any time, they can hack into an oligarchs phone, email, and can even kill if people don’t “tug the line”.

2) Oligarchy: .0001% Highest capital holding-Individuals. These are extremely wealthy who do the deep states bidding, provide funding, and support. They run huge companies and implement whatever the Deep State says. Facebook, amazon, google are all being used right now. At least Billionaires.

3) New Nobility: .01% Those “along for the ride” people who have gotten extremely rich within the system. Their political connections are local, their influence minimal. They frolic about the empire, dine, dress in designer, giant houses, awesome cars…etc. These people give the bottom 99% hope and illusion of social mobility. 10Million +.

4) Upper Caste: 1% Incomes are in 500k+ range. Upper brass doctors, lawyers, small business owners. These people live lifestyle similar to the nobility just on a lesser scale. Their actual power is limited to school boards, community groups, and small donations to local politicians. They have pretty much everything at their disposal, food delivered, ubers to drive them, designer clothing, newest technology, and no fear of raising taxes. They live in the city, with short commutes to work which greatly lessens their burdens of commute/stress/traffic..etc.

5) Upper Middle- 10% These peoples income are generally 100k+. They have to live budgeted lives and are experiencing pressure from the system. Mortgages, long commutes, traffic, kids, taxes are slowing grinding these people down. Their in the “Pressure cooker”. Tax Donkeys

6) Lower Middle-45k-80k Incomes. A lot of college educated individuals with entry level jobs or two income household workers. They experience debt-peonage service to student loans, rent to their land“lords”, a raising cost of living. With plenty of cheap entertainment and ignorance of their situation they take day by day, Generally jockeying for status on social media, frequenting the bars, living at home.

7) Working Class: Blue color positions 30k-50ks. They are poor and live hard working, long hours and are very squeezed

8) Working poor. 24k or so. Minimum wages, retails, bars, servers…etc. A debt-peonage of sorts

9) Unemployed-Welfare-State Dependents.

Going forward Class 7-8 will slowly be replaced and shrink due to technology, automation. Class 6 will be outsourced, class 5 pool of jobs will continue to shrink and people will crowd around them in hope of making it, 1% will largely be safe, they run the business/services that provide for both the bottom 99%. They can deflate their labor, outsource their contract work…etc. to keep their profits high.

The new nobility will slow down in spending slightly, but still live life’s never dreamed of by aristocrats of old. The oligarchy and deep state will continue to seize assets, control, and dominance of the bottom 99% as they strip-Mine the nation.

what a prescient post.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

this is a great thread about Blackrock (and Lloyds of London, Vanguard, etc...) buying up entire neighborhoods to turn new SFH's into SFR's (single family rentals).

View: https://twitter.com/APhilosophae/status/1402436816192503818

Haha I had that sent to me yesterday. It's going around the internet.

The question is if blackrock is investing their profits into the SFH or if they are using Pension/401K/Retirement funds of their clients to make these deals trying to get a higher yeild.

Regardless BlackRock is essentially the shadow government and wealth redistribuitor.

What they do and How the Game Works:

1) is take Trillions from in the form of 401ks,Pension..etc. The savings of the lower/middle/upper middle classes.
2) And Purchase and funnel money T-FAANMG Stocks at stupidly high evaulations. As well as other High Corporate Insider Stocks.
3) The Tech Oligarchs who own large insider stock holdings of the companies...Bezos/Zucker/Buffet...etc. Then have been selling their stock at the absurd evaluations
4) Tech Oligarchs Funnel this wealth into Farmland, Real Estate, Ranchs, Infrustucture..etc.
5) Oligarchs grow our food, charge us rent,....etc.

So It's Feudalism and money and wealth congregates into higher and higher and tighter and tighter hands.
To distract the peasantry from whats going on they use corporate media, divide and conquer stuff along race,gender, religion, ethnic, political, communists, far right...etc. to distract a debt laiden and exhausted populace from whats going on.

The end game is to hold onto this wealth by instituting papers(vaccine passports), drones, contract tracing, automoues vehicles, smart cities, tracking...etc. Permanent High Tech Fedualism.

Missenger

BlackRock is the fed sh***ing out fiat cash in the form of infinite corona relief funds to proxy merchant companies to buy everything up and turn America into a dead renters communist slum.