Amber Glasses That Look Normal

Amazoniac

Does anyone know a company that sells amber glasses that are not weird?

Carbonshade – Fashionable Blue-Blocking Eyewear
Some of their products look fine, mostly because they're using the frame of traditional products and substituting the lenses:

CXGx2itUkAAdAKc1.jpg

C10XKemXgAAv_m3.jpg

There has to be more options out there. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
You live in the tropics. You have the powerful sun on full blast. Speaking of normal, as long as you stick to a normal sleep cycle, you do not need amber glasses.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Energy has just arrived, a few months ago the streets used torches at night, unfortunately now it's not the case. Sometimes I need to go to the hills to admire the sky and think about pboy and you, but I have to go through the new lighting to arrive there..

You live in the tropics. You have the powerful sun on full blast. Speaking of normal, as long as you stick to a normal sleep cycle, you do not need amber glasses.

Another case solved

Luann

Yeah, my fiance has the night driving glasses from Walmart or Bed Bath and beyond, one of those two, aren't they basically the same thing? They make the world look softer and kind of yellow in the daytime, and they weren't very expensive, under 20?

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Yeah, my fiance has the night driving glasses from Walmart or Bed Bath and beyond, one of those two, aren't they basically the same thing? They make the world look softer and kind of yellow in the daytime, and they weren't very expensive, under 20?
Are you embarrassed? Regretful? If not, they are discrete and should be good..

Luann

No he's not embarrassed. He's the other bear. It's awesome because we get the whole winter off, to hibernate. Lol
Who is johnwester, amazoniac?

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

All Eyewear - GUNNAR Computer Eyewear These seem pretty normal and not even that expensive. I coincidentally stumbled upon that link just yesterday.
Thanks but the other brands are more effective at blocking blue light. Unfortunately Swanwick glasses are not adjustable..
No he's not embarrassed. He's the other bear. It's awesome because we get the whole winter off, to hibernate. Lol
Who is johnwester, amazoniac?
So much in common then, cute couple..
He's a forum member that Such joked about being banned for posting controversial stuff. I didn't find the post..

--
https://fluxometer.com/rainbow/#!id=lights/WestcottCFL
I think that they added the menu that shows the part of the sprectrum involved in each activity.

Right now it's a bit confusing because you have to select the category that you want, but as you select and choose the type of lighting below the graph, it modifies the selection as if it was part of the main menu. They should've created another menu next to the main one that allows you to select the type of lighting.
But anyway, there are various lightings and filters (including some glasses) and it's pretty cool..

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

In terms of lenses, unfortunately those that block most of the day light are the showy ones.
Gunnar amber glasses look fine (good and normal) but again, they don't seem to block enough.
There are some options on my store but they appear to be of low quality.
In my opinion, those from Carbonshade look good, it would be nice if they had more options.
Any more suggestion?

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

- About Reading Glasses Etc | Learn about us.
- Budget Blue Block Readers | MOJO BluBlock Lens Options
- New Blue Block Tints and the Wertheim Factor
They seem good, somewhat customizable, and the prices are not abusive.
Carbonshade used to cost $75 (which is also reasonable) one year ago, now they cost $129. :ss
Probably minimum profit back then but still..

- Patent US20150234180 - System and Method for Selecting Safer Colored Ophthalmic Spectacle, Contact, Intraocular or other Lenses and Filters by Comparing the Proportion of Harmful Higher Energy Visible and Near Visible Radiation Blocked to the Light Passed by the Lens in the Photopic Region
- Should You Buy CR-39 Lenses or Polycarbonate?
- CR-39 - Wikipedia

@Dan Wich - for some reason I think that their logo will crack you up. They said that the joke's on me because I'm the one that can't appreciate a cubist art.
Anyway, just poking you to create a dedicated section on your website.
Coseleugh, coniumugh..

Last edited:

milk_lover

Blossom's profile pic glasses :) The site is weird without her! Wish her the best.