Amazon Bans anything containing NAC

GorillaHead

This is getting ridiculous. Love how drugs like finasteride are given out like candy but this is not k.

AJA

Agreed! I wonder how much traction it has gotten as an anti-viral option for COVID-19, especially in countries outside of U.S.A that may be fueling the political push back.

Swanson’s had it in stock this morning. Puritan’s Pride does not have the product available.

FOR THE PAST 20 years, I have taken 600 mg before drinking alcohol. Great for the liver. Feel better the next day even when consuming moderately.

B

Braveheart

Some of the big supplement sellers are owned by PigPharma....

yerrag

NAC is known for recycling as well as acting as a precursor for glutathione. In recycling, it helps convert the disulfide (SS) in oxidized glutathione (GSSG) into the sulfhydryl (SH) in reduced glutathione (GSH). But another effect of NAC intake is in recycling oxidized albumin.

Unknown to many, albumin is very often the first antioxidant that gets used up when the immune system fights off infections using neutrophils. Neutrophils, in phagocytosing bacteria will also release spillover ROS into its surroundings, and albumin is the first line of antioxidant defense in such situations. So albumin gets oxidized, and oxidized albumin is often lost and excreted as waste. The albumin that gets excreted in urine is oxidized albumin.

When a lot of oxidized albumin is lost due to chronic infections, the blood volume will be reduced because albumin holds on to sodium chloride salt, and the salt draws water into plasma from the extracellular tissues, and increased plasma volume means more blood volume. Lower blood volume will cause the body to compensate by increasing blood pressure to ensure adequate blood perfusion to all the body's tissues and organs.

Albumin has a Cys34 component that has a sulfhydryl (SH) bond that is easily oxidized into a disulfide (SS) bond, very much like how glutathione is oxidized. The oxidized albumin that results from Cys34 oxidation can be recycled back into its reduced form, and NAC can be used this way.

In the present paper, the extracellular antioxidant activity of N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is explained by considering its ability to regenerate the free form of albumin Cys34 by breaking the disulfide bond of the cysteinylated form (HSA-Cys). NAC’s capability to regenerate albumin Cys34 (HSA-SH) was studied by MS intact protein analysis in human plasma and in a concentration range of NAC easily achievable after oral and i.v. administration (5–50 µg/mL). NAC dose-dependently broke the HSA-Cys bond to form the dimer NAC-Cys thus regenerating Cys34, whose reduced state was maintained for at least 120 min. Cys was faster in restoring Cys34, according to the reaction constant determined with the glutathione disulfide (GSSG) reaction, but after 60 min the mixed disulfide HSA-Cys turned back due to the reaction of the dimer Cys-Cys with Cys34. The explanation for the different rate exchanges between Cys-Cys and Cys-NAC with Cys34 was given by molecular modeling studies. Finally, the Cys34 regenerating effect of NAC was related to its ability to improve the total antioxidant capacity of plasma (TRAP assay). The results well indicate that NAC greatly increases the plasma antioxidant activity and this effect is not reached by a direct effect but through the regenerating effect of Cys34.

TomS

If you check iHerb, every supplier write "Nicht auf Lager" /No stock.
It sees iHerb also joined to Amazon and others.

Blue Water

I found you can still get NAC that has selenium and molybdenum in it, just hard to find it plain.

JohnHafterson

NAC is in stock in all the nutrition shops I've been to.

Spoke to owner of a privately owned shop yesterday. He said he's had no problem getting/stocking it.

Dr. B

I have heard @haidut on a podcast say something like cancer cells use Glutathione to protect themselves and makes them harder to kill and nac being precursor all of it goes to glutathione and it’s better to go with glycine because it’s also a precursor but it’s only converted as much as needed.

but the fact fda wants to ban it makes me think they found some sometimes that it is efficient in curing and could be very profitable.

@haidut do they know something we don’t ?what are they up too and do we need to stock pile nac?
its probably because of how it helps decongesting. ive heard it can cause leaky gut in susceptible people, since it can mess with the mucous membranes, and the gut lining, so people taking high doses have had issues, but for some viruses or excess phleghm specifically it may be useful

David PS

maybe they discovered the side effects, so thought it was a mistake to ban it.
Nestlé is marketining a new glynac product and I do not think that Amazon wants to get in the way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom