Amazing "Croissant Diet" Experiment Results (Stearic Acid/Saturated Fat)

YourUniverse

This paragraph stood out to me, because it describes me and my failure with "traditional" dietary tactics, such as portion control:

"After eating the croissants, I began to feel satiation like never before. A couple times when I was hungry I would prepare two croissants but I could never finish them. I’ve always been a person who never feels strongly satiated. I only stop eating because my stomach hurts. Even then I will continue to pick at a meal. Not with the croissants. When I was done I was DONE."

Adding ~1tbsp stearic acid and ~3tbsp coconut oil to coffee KILLS my appetite all day. I can have some OJ or a few small apples and be totally content all day. Also makes me incredibly thirsty. Need for water increase triple, maybe more. Also, I REALLY feel like lifting weights. Theres a sort of savage emotion thats been coming over me, where I just want to flex my muscles, exert myself. I had this quite a lot in my late teens and early 20s, and Ive had it basically every day since adding these fats to my coffee.

I'm not sure Im losing weight, but literally everything else is so much better. I think theres something to his reactive oxygen species theory of obesity. It corresponds very well with @CLASH and @kreeese 's experiences with sugar and fat, and its very easy to add dairy and fruit to, to make it more Peaty.

EDIT: Ill add my NEAT has increased dramatically. Legs and hands just want to bounce around.

Last edited:

schultz

@rebuke

It's super annoying that we can't get flour without iron added to it. For a while Sobey's had an Italian flour that had no iron in it and then all of a sudden it switched to having iron. Apparently they realized they were not supposed to be selling unenriched flour in Canada (I emailed the company asking about it).

Now I buy this flour.

If you buy the big size it's not overly expensive. Shipping wasn't too bad. I still find it highly irritating that I must go out of my way, and spend more money, for something that has less ingredients in it. The mainstream recognizes that iron can cause damage and also recognizes that men can have too much iron, so I am not sure why they have to add it to ALL flour considering men consume flour products as well. And what about people with hemochromatosis? It's freaking ridiculous.

LUH 3417

@rebuke

It's super annoying that we can't get flour without iron added to it. For a while Sobey's had an Italian flour that had no iron in it and then all of a sudden it switched to having iron. Apparently they realized they were not supposed to be selling unenriched flour in Canada (I emailed the company asking about it).

Now I buy this flour.

If you buy the big size it's not overly expensive. Shipping wasn't too bad. I still find it highly irritating that I must go out of my way, and spend more money, for something that has less ingredients in it. The mainstream recognizes that iron can cause damage and also recognizes that men can have too much iron, so I am not sure why they have to add it to ALL flour considering men consume flour products as well. And what about people with hemochromatosis? It's freaking ridiculous.
Do you have farmers markets near you? I am able to find unenriched flour there. I’m in the US but just a suggestion.

schultz

Do you have farmers markets near you? I am able to find unenriched flour there. I’m in the US but just a suggestion.

I don't know if they would have it or not. It is illegal in Canada to sell white flour without it being enriched. I tried buying whole wheat flour and removing the bran but it still tasted like whole wheat to me. I also tried grinding it myself and removing the bran + germ but it also had a whole wheat flavor and texture. What I want is white flour with no enrichment.

cyclops

I bought a big bag of stearic acid and been just chewing up 2-3 tablespoons with every meal. Been doing it about a month, haven't noticed much if anything. Accept I developed a pain on my left side of lower belly, like a burning sensation, not sure if its from the stearic acid though

MeatOrchid

I bought a big bag of stearic acid and been just chewing up 2-3 tablespoons with every meal. Been doing it about a month, haven't noticed much if anything. Accept I developed a pain on my left side of lower belly, like a burning sensation, not sure if its from the stearic acid though
I melted stearic acid with butter and am suffering equal burning sensations. Doctor told me I got colitis.

cyclops

I melted stearic acid with butter and am suffering equal burning sensations. Doctor told me I got colitis.

Interesting, I stopped for about a week and noticed it went away during that time. I then started back up and the pain came back, so I have a pretty good reason to guess it is the stearic acid. Guess the pain+not seeing much results from it, means im done with this.

Hope that clears up for you soon, stop the stearic acid (if u haven't already) and see.

This paragraph stood out to me, because it describes me and my failure with "traditional" dietary tactics, such as portion control:

"After eating the croissants, I began to feel satiation like never before. A couple times when I was hungry I would prepare two croissants but I could never finish them. I’ve always been a person who never feels strongly satiated. I only stop eating because my stomach hurts. Even then I will continue to pick at a meal. Not with the croissants. When I was done I was DONE."

Adding ~1tbsp stearic acid and ~3tbsp coconut oil to coffee KILLS my appetite all day. I can have some OJ or a few small apples and be totally content all day. Also makes me incredibly thirsty. Need for water increase triple, maybe more. Also, I REALLY feel like lifting weights. Theres a sort of savage emotion thats been coming over me, where I just want to flex my muscles, exert myself. I had this quite a lot in my late teens and early 20s, and Ive had it basically every day since adding these fats to my coffee.

I'm not sure Im losing weight, but literally everything else is so much better. I think theres something to his reactive oxygen species theory of obesity. It corresponds very well with @CLASH and @kreeese 's experiences with sugar and fat, and its very easy to add dairy and fruit to, to make it more Peaty.

EDIT: Ill add my NEAT has increased dramatically. Legs and hands just want to bounce around.

that's amazing!

Vinny

Interesting, I stopped for about a week and noticed it went away during that time. I then started back up and the pain came back, so I have a pretty good reason to guess it is the stearic acid. Guess the pain+not seeing much results from it, means im done with
Thanks

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I felt like I had colitis symptoms from using cocoa butter but I didn’t go to the doctor.

schultz

I don't know if they would have it or not. It is illegal in Canada to sell white flour without it being enriched. I tried buying whole wheat flour and removing the bran but it still tasted like whole wheat to me. I also tried grinding it myself and removing the bran + germ but it also had a whole wheat flavor and texture. What I want is white flour with no enrichment.

Replying to myself, because I am a loser...

Maybe iron can be removed from flour with a powerful magnet? Running the flour through a chamber with a few cylindrical magnets so that the flour sort of flows over them. I may have to try this!

tankasnowgod

Replying to myself, because I am a loser...

Maybe iron can be removed from flour with a powerful magnet? Running the flour through a chamber with a few cylindrical magnets so that the flour sort of flows over them. I may have to try this!

Might work for flour. In this video, a chemistry teacher removes it from cereal, but has to create a slurry first. Flour might not have this issue, and the magnet might work well-

Also, I am not quite sure what the laws are regarding fortification (I suspect it's more along the line of "code" and not exactly "illegal" to sell unfortified), but I do notice that there are some imported products and organic products that are not fortified in the US, and can pretty easily be found at stores like Trader Joes, Costco, and Sprouts.

schultz

Might work for flour. In this video, a chemistry teacher removes it from cereal, but has to create a slurry first. Flour might not have this issue, and the magnet might work well-

Also, I am not quite sure what the laws are regarding fortification (I suspect it's more along the line of "code" and not exactly "illegal" to sell unfortified), but I do notice that there are some imported products and organic products that are not fortified in the US, and can pretty easily be found at stores like Trader Joes, Costco, and Sprouts.

Wow he gets quite a visible amount of iron from that. Pretty neat!

I was specifically referring to Canadian law as I am from Canada. I do currently order flour from the States with no added iron but I would love it if I could just buy it from the store here in Canada.

KTownSatfats

That amount of SA, I must say, sounds extremely excessive. Maybe one third that much (at most) wouldn't cause the symptoms? Maybe it'd even work better. Who knows? But I do think one needs to be judicious with this stuff.

tankasnowgod

That amount of SA, I must say, sounds extremely excessive. Maybe one third that much (at most) wouldn't cause the symptoms? Maybe it'd even work better. Who knows? But I do think one needs to be judicious with this stuff.

Agree, if reading it right, that could be about 60-90 grams of SA a day, all in a form that likely doesn't digest well.

I am using about 2-3 tablespoons a day, always melted into food. Haven't had any digestive symptoms personally.

Last edited:

tara

I bought a big bag of stearic acid and been just chewing up 2-3 tablespoons with every meal.
Did you try eating the stearic acid as part of your food, rather than a relatively isolated chemical? Lot's of things can be bothersome when unnaturally concentrated.

Jam

I've been having good success with just adding a teaspoon (ca. 5gr) of cocoa butter to my 2 daily espressos (so a total of 10gr), and also eating more butter and less EVOO. I no longer feel like snacking between meals, and my total daily caloric intake has decreased by some 200 kcal. The results have not been dramatic, as I don't have much weight to lose, but I did lose 3kg, mostly the first week or so, and my stubborn belly fat has been steadily diminishing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals