Amazing "Croissant Diet" Experiment Results (Stearic Acid/Saturated Fat)

Vinny

This is a super good point. Thank you. Indeed. I think stored PUFA fats that have accumulated already are a huge source of ongoing issues even for those of us who have tried PUFA depletion. I think that is what you are saying...
So, what are we going to do with the already stored PUFAs?
(I realize this is a million dollar question, lol)

Lollipop2

He absolutely has. I know he mentioned that he was eating 120-140g of fat (mostly saturated) along with 300g of carbs, not trying to lose weight, but he did notice his belly leaning out over time, even in the context of working a night shift.

I think one thing to look at in the people who have had success using a low (or even no) fat diet is context. Peat, for example, is older, and was about 40-50 years old when the PUFA craze really started to get going. Based on his age, and his knowledge, he probably minimized that damage that it caused in himself. When William Brown did that 6 month no fat experiment, it was in the 1930s. Most animal experiments start just after the animals have been weened. In all of these contexts, the amount of PUFA in fat stores would likely be far, far less than children (now adults battling overweight or "obesity") raised in the US during the 80s, 90s, or 2000s. Looking around the forum, some of the members who have reported the best weight loss success (CLASH, Kreeese, Natedawggh) report eating higher amounts of fat, closer to the 40-50% mark that Peat has suggested as a healthy upper limit, at least in the past. Even Haidut, who seems to eat a lower fat diet, has stated that he eats more fat in the wintertime.

To that point, there is even the case the Brad brings up on his blog of Nanan and Huain-
The Curious Case of Nanan and Huain - Fire In A Bottle

The people of Nanan ate twice as many calories as Huain (index to similar physical labor occupations), and yet, the people of Huain actually weighed a bit more. Both diets are really low fat (and low PUFA), but again, these people were likely always eating this way.
Thank you for a fantastic post. Very interesting points. The point about Peat’s age when he began minimizing makes sense and has me thinking :thankyou

tankasnowgod

So last night, I made some Pasta Alfredo with Chicken Breast. The chicken was lean, the pasta was free of iron (I have included wheat products, but all are refined and unadulterated with iron), and I used a LOT of cream and Parmesan cheese, and some additional Stearic Acid. I think this was the most delicious pasta alfredo I have ever eaten! For the first time (both in this experiment and really, since I can remember) I felt really satiated without feeling "stuffed" (which is more like you just physically can't eat anymore, or have an uncomfortable amount of food in your belly). I know Brad has mentioned this feeling in his blog. I said it previously, but this experiment is fun!

I'm not exactly sure how this will end up, if I will change or tweak the macros or what have you, but the ideas of adding extra stearic acid and keeping the SFA/UFA ratios up I am planning to keep for quite a while. Even to that end, I ordered some Stearyl Alcohol to experiment with.

Broken man

So last night, I made some Pasta Alfredo with Chicken Breast. The chicken was lean, the pasta was free of iron (I have included wheat products, but all are refined and unadulterated with iron), and I used a LOT of cream and Parmesan cheese, and some additional Stearic Acid. I think this was the most delicious pasta alfredo I have ever eaten! For the first time (both in this experiment and really, since I can remember) I felt really satiated without feeling "stuffed" (which is more like you just physically can't eat anymore, or have an uncomfortable amount of food in your belly). I know Brad has mentioned this feeling in his blog. I said it previously, but this experiment is fun!

I'm not exactly sure how this will end up, if I will change or tweak the macros or what have you, but the ideas of adding extra stearic acid and keeping the SFA/UFA ratios up I am planning to keep for quite a while. Even to that end, I ordered some Stearyl Alcohol to experiment with.
Ye, I dont understand why Its not used to promote better taste of foods, like Fried potatoes or onions, it is so delicious. Can I ask you where you found stearyl alcohol? Thank you.

tankasnowgod

Ye, I dont understand why Its not used to promote better taste of foods, like Fried potatoes or onions, it is so delicious. Can I ask you where you found stearyl alcohol? Thank you.

I got it from makeyourown.buzz It appears to be NF grade. Shipping was still high, but with the lower price of Stearyl Alcohol (compared to the other site I found that had NF grade), I figured it was worth it to buy two pounds to give it a shot.

Broken man

I got it from makeyourown.buzz It appears to be NF grade. Shipping was still high, but with the lower price of Stearyl Alcohol (compared to the other site I found that had NF grade), I figured it was worth it to buy two pounds to give it a shot.
Oh, thank you so much, I will buy some amount too.

berk

From personal experience, I would say no since eating less meant I loss a lot of muscle and brain capacity. .
then you are doing it wrong.

somuch4food

then you are doing it wrong.

Maybe, I was into zero added sugar, less refined food at that time.

However, I never intended to lose the weight. I mainly wanted more energy for daily life. This was pre Peat and I was following all mainstream dietary advice. It clearly didn't work. Peating brought me back to baseline, but I wish for more.

Broken man

I would like to ask all that Are frying with added stearic acid, is stearic acid making smoke in the room? I am asking because I found that my product Is And dont know if Its good....

tankasnowgod

I would like to ask all that Are frying with added stearic acid, is stearic acid making smoke in the room? I am asking because I found that my product Is And dont know if Its good....

No smoke issues here, but I don't use it on it's own. I've added it to my mini fryer with HCO, and it works great. Although I don't know how you could use it on it's own, your food would become like wax when eating.

Broken man

No smoke issues here, but I don't use it on it's own. I've added it to my mini fryer with HCO, and it works great. Although I don't know how you could use it on it's own, your food would become like wax when eating.
I am mixing it with lard, I found that when I add IT to lard And start frying, there is always smoke like I burned something, I Will buy next one I think....

tankasnowgod

I am mixing it with lard, I found that when I add IT to lard And start frying, there is always smoke like I burned something, I Will buy next one I think....

Might be the mixture. Why lard? Brad mentioned in his blog that pig fat has gotten more and more unsaturated over time, Peat has said the same thing. In fact, Brad even suggests that the PUFA content of lard rivals that of canola oil, only with a worse Omega 3 ratio.
Disastrous Trends in American Bacon - Fire In A Bottle

Good chance the lard will cancel out any of the positive effects of the Stearic Acid.

milkboi

Yeah man, be careful with it! It actually lit up when I fried something in it. No joke.

Broken man

Yeah man, be careful with it! It actually lit up when I fried something in it. No joke.
So Is there a chance that Its not some bad quality product? I am asking because Its polish product And I have bad experience with polish products even the stearic acid I have should be 99,9% pure but Its not like flakes but more like powder.....

milkboi

So Is there a chance that Its not some bad quality product? I am asking because Its polish product And I have bad experience with polish products even the stearic acid I have should be 99,9% pure but Its not like flakes but more like powder.....

Mine has the flake consistency. But I suspect stearic acid has just a lower smoking/burning point than other fats.

Broken man

Might be the mixture. Why lard? Brad mentioned in his blog that pig fat has gotten more and more unsaturated over time, Peat has said the same thing. In fact, Brad even suggests that the PUFA content of lard rivals that of canola oil, only with a worse Omega 3 ratio.
Disastrous Trends in American Bacon - Fire In A Bottle

Good chance the lard will cancel out any of the positive effects of the Stearic Acid.
I have Homemade lard And Its solid in room at 25° Celsius so I Hope that Its more saturated.