Amazing Combo Why Is This Happening ?

Razvan

Hey , why cypro doesnt make me sleepy ,in fact it makes me very energetic at night but sleepy if i take it in the morning. I can sleep very good only from the combo melatonin and cypro, why this combo works so well and is it it any good?

J

james2388

"Cyproheptadine is an H1 blocking antihistamine, but it also has serotonin receptor blocking activity."

You need serotonin to convert to melatonin, hence cypro at night blocks serotonin, and then adding melatonin effects the feedback loop somehow. Either way it seems like cypro has no benefit to you. Here are some side effects..

"On routine daily use, Cyproheptadine may cause several side effects, including drowsiness, tired feeling, insomnia, spinning sensation, blurred vision, loss of coordination, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea, and weight gain."

So that's a check for insomnia, and fatigue during the day. I would drop cyrpo for aspirin and really consider the side effects of anything that is recommended on here.... Many people are dealing with similar problems on here and go to cypro for the first pharmaceutical grade experiment to 'lower serotonin' and it becomes a daunting cycle of trying to fix their problems when they are stuck in a negative feedback loop.

You may not even need an antihistamine, it's one of those things that act very quickly and you should know whether it makes a difference or not in a week for better or worse. Different antihistamine receptors H1 H2 H3.

Imho I think if you're looking for the best of ray peat, dhea, prog, preg, methylene blue, aspirin, liver, the vertical diet. Be careful with anything else.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

"Cyproheptadine is an H1 blocking antihistamine, but it also has serotonin receptor blocking activity."

You need serotonin to convert to melatonin, hence cypro at night blocks serotonin, and then adding melatonin effects the feedback loop somehow. Either way it seems like cypro has no benefit to you. Here are some side effects..

"On routine daily use, Cyproheptadine may cause several side effects, including drowsiness, tired feeling, insomnia, spinning sensation, blurred vision, loss of coordination, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea, and weight gain."

So that's a check for insomnia, and fatigue during the day. I would drop cyrpo for aspirin and really consider the side effects of anything that is recommended on here.... Many people are dealing with similar problems on here and go to cypro for the first pharmaceutical grade experiment to 'lower serotonin' and it becomes a daunting cycle of trying to fix their problems when they are stuck in a negative feedback loop.

You may not even need an antihistamine, it's one of those things that act very quickly and you should know whether it makes a difference or not in a week for better or worse. Different antihistamine receptors H1 H2 H3.

Imho I think if you're looking for the best of ray peat, dhea, prog, preg, methylene blue, aspirin, liver, the vertical diet. Be careful with anything else.
Thanks man ,i will drop this cypro,how do you consider low carb for lowering blood pressure. I dont why but my blood pressure is always high at night and i get agitated and i cant sleep ,do You have any ideas?

J

james2388

Thanks man ,i will drop this cypro,how do you consider low carb for lowering blood pressure. I dont why but my blood pressure is always high at night and i get agitated and i cant sleep ,do You have any ideas?

What is your blood pressure reading? What is your heart rate? What time range are we talking about?
Some people have considerable problems falling asleep eating fast digesting sugars before bed, say fruit, or even ice cream. Insulin production. Blood sugar drop. Glucagon, cortisol, release, increasing blood sugar and by then you're probably feeling hot, awake, maybe thirsty too.

I'd avoid fast digesting sugars at night, and stick with starches slower digesting rice or potato with protein and mild fat - 'vertical diet'. You may need to rewire your food clock and eat more in the mornings and less towards the night and make sure to not be afraid of protein, you need tryptophan to convert to serotonin and then melantonin.

For me coffee has been a huge problem, it blunts my appetite for hours, causing me to fast and push my food to later in the day and this increases metabolism towards night. Getting in a light breakfast, with a coffee, destroy my appetite until late afternoon skipping lunch.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

What is your blood pressure reading? What is your heart rate? What time range are we talking about?
Some people have considerable problems falling asleep eating fast digesting sugars before bed, say fruit, or even ice cream. Insulin production. Blood sugar drop. Glucagon, cortisol, release, increasing blood sugar and by then you're probably feeling hot, awake, maybe thirsty too.

I'd avoid fast digesting sugars at night, and stick with starches slower digesting rice or potato with protein and mild fat - 'vertical diet'. You may need to rewire your food clock and eat more in the mornings and less towards the night and make sure to not be afraid of protein, you need tryptophan to convert to serotonin and then melantonin.

For me coffee has been a huge problem, it blunts my appetite for hours, causing me to fast and push my food to later in the day and this increases metabolism towards night. Getting in a light breakfast, with a coffee, destroy my appetite until late afternoon skipping lunch.
My bp over the day is pretty good 125-130/70 and heart rate 75 than at night is 145/85 but If i calm down it can lower a bit.i dont know Man it doesnt matter what i eat i will always have this effect.its strange i will try eating less in the evening maybe

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals