Am I going to die soon ?

Does it mean if I start taking vitamin A, will become high preg?
i dont know, do some research, probably depends on how much you take, but it inhibits thyroid function too, watch those danny roddy interviews with raypeat they have talked about it before, i just know cholesterol + thyroid + vitamin a = steroid hormone synthesis

OP
HighT

HighT

i dont know, do some research, probably depends on how much you take, but it inhibits thyroid function too, watch those danny roddy interviews with raypeat they have talked about it before, i just know cholesterol + thyroid + vitamin a = steroid hormone synthesis
I've read it somewhere here before but the other way arround - If you take thyroid have to add A cause thyroid deplete A.

OP
HighT

HighT

Yo, I'm just coming back from the lab where I gave blood for the FT3, FT4, TSH, MAT, TAT and total Testosterone.

They couldn't answer me if they do total t3 and t4. But I looked on the website where free testosterone was listed just by itself, and then on the leaflet at place, free testosterone check was described to include total and SHBP.

So I hope that's the case with ft3 and ft4 as well.

The bad news are I couldn't sleep last night at all. I wasn't worried about checks or something, but don't know what's happened that I was just laying in the bed 9 hours until the alarm clock rang. Surely this will have an impact on the results but wanted to ask you how big would be. For example, is it possible one can be 1000 test or more, but after 'extreme stress' like missing whole night of sleep, the results come like 400 ? :confused:

Anyway, that place is very convinient for me. They were all quadruple masked and shielded but didn't give me ***t for not wearing myself. So I will be checking things there again in future. Just wanted to know how realistic results to expect now. I will post them at this time tomorrow.

Vanset

yeah lack of sleep will greatly impact your hormonal results. you can easily expect a 50% reduction or more. some of t is synthesized whether you're asleep or not, but the overall amount is greatly reduced. this is the problem with blood tests if you're already not sleeping well. you don't know what's causing what. lack of sleep causing hormonal problems (thyroid, sex hormones etc) or hormonal problems causing sleep problems.

Vanset

anecdote from me when i had 9 hours of sleep i tested in the low 800s, but when i had 5 hours of sleep i tested in mid 500s.

OP
HighT

HighT

Thank you very much! Well now with my 0 hours of sleep, I shoud expect my T in the low 0s I guess :D. I had a good erection 1 hour before the alarm thou, don't know how related is that. Also after the breakfast post checks i felt better.

Normally I have good sleep, only when I have to wake up with an alarm for something It gets messed. But never like last night.
Well at least if some mid range mediocre number comes tomorrow it would mean that T is great in a rested state.

Do you know if same things apply for the thyroid?

OP
HighT

HighT

@Vanset @Vileplume @rayban @ursidae @rr1 @mayweatherking and at everybodyelse.

IMG_20211117_195211.jpg

Alright, that count for Test is poor but reminder, I didn't sleep at all the night before + 12 hours of not eating and drinking. Also other stresses recently could've had an impact. I will check it again next week when I'm well rested and in a good mood.

As for the Thyroid markers, if you still suspect hypothyroidism, please give some advice. I am not going to supplement with synthetic thyroid, also read controversiall stuff about Iodine. Maybe selenium here and there, coffee, will decrease fats a bit and add more carbs, what else?

Thank you all! Appreciate it.

Vileplume

@Vanset @Vileplume @rayban @ursidae @rr1 @mayweatherking and at everybodyelse.

View attachment 30309

Alright, that count for Test is poor but reminder, I didn't sleep at all the night before + 12 hours of not eating and drinking. Also other stresses recently could've had an impact. I will check it again next week when I'm well rested and in a good mood.

As for the Thyroid markers, if you still suspect hypothyroidism, please give some advice. I am not going to supplement with synthetic thyroid, also read controversiall stuff about Iodine. Maybe selenium here and there, coffee, will decrease fats a bit and add more carbs, what else?

Thank you all! Appreciate it.
With the free T3 in the high end of the range and T4 normal, and your high cholesterol and high TSH, hypothyroidism seems like a possibility, but something else could also be preventing thyroid from getting into the cells or being used, thereby increasing your TSH.

In this interview, Dr. Peat says that even though free T3 is often a proper indicator of thyroid function, TSH is more useful. I also believe he thinks cholesterol is a more useful indicator of thyroid function than the free numbers.

In that interview, he refers to a study where the people with TSH below 0.4 have the lowest incidence of thyroid cancer (and other cancers), because TSH itself has inflammatory properties, so he recommends trying to get the TSH down to .4 or lower. He considers 3.3 to be a high TSH. Often a high TSH indicates hypothyroidism, but since your free T3 is high-normal, maybe it’s just getting blocked. Do you happen to consume a lot of PUFA? Any digestive irritation? Also, high reverse T3 can block T3 from entering cells. We should have tested reverse T3.

I think decreasing fats, increasing sugar from fruit, increasing calcium from a well-tolerated milk, and increasing coffee would all be really helpful. If you don't want to take synthetic thyroid but want to try thyroid, you can try haidut's tyromax, which a lot of people have had success with.

Just to emphasize: in Peat’s view, body temperature, symptoms, TSH, and cholesterol all take precedence over the free thyroid numbers.

Additionally, I think adding in an ounce or two of liver per week would be helpful, for the trace nutrients it provides and the vitamin A, as others have mentioned.

Last edited:

Vanset

we also have to consider that you had poor sleep the night prior, how does that affect thyroid hormones?

your t3 looks ok in that range, but i have seen ranges that go up as high as 5.6, so a ft3 of 3 would be on the lower end of that range, but again - sleep.

first step to improve thyroid function would be to lower your fat intake (to like 20-25% of calories IMO is enough for a person who works out) and up your carbohydrate. if you have access to ripe fruit you should include them in your diet, depending on how you react ofc. do that for 3 months and repeat your bloods (including lipid markers), but make sure you actually get a good night of sleep before. if you don't just cancel and reschedule.

basically, lower fat, increase carbs, thyroid and lipid panel in 3 months.

also your test is fine on a no-sleep night (?), so you're high test indeed :) don't worry, you'll be fine.

rayban

With the free T3 in the high end of the range and T4 normal, and your high cholesterol and high TSH, hypothyroidism seems like a possibility, but something else could also be preventing thyroid from getting into the cells or being used, thereby increasing your TSH.

In this interview, Dr. Peat says that even though free T3 is often a proper indicator of thyroid function, TSH is more useful. I also believe he thinks cholesterol is a more useful indicator of thyroid function than the free numbers.

In that interview, he refers to a study where the people with TSH below 0.4 have the lowest incidence of thyroid cancer (and other cancers), because TSH itself has inflammatory properties, so he recommends trying to get the TSH down to .4 or lower. He considers 3.3 to be a high TSH. Often a high TSH indicates hypothyroidism, but since your free T3 is high-normal, maybe it’s just getting blocked. Do you happen to consume a lot of PUFA? Any digestive irritation? Also, high reverse T3 can block T3 from entering cells. We should have tested reverse T3.

I think decreasing fats, increasing sugar from fruit, increasing calcium from a well-tolerated milk, and increasing coffee would all be really helpful. If you don't want to take synthetic thyroid but want to try thyroid, you can try haidut's tyromax, which a lot of people have had success with.

Just to emphasize: in Peat’s view, body temperature, symptoms, TSH, and cholesterol all take precedence over the free thyroid numbers.
Im not sure if milk worsens my tongue condiiton so I stopped drinking it. I bought some goat cheese and goat yogur as well as goat kefir, i cant find goat milk. In case you want to see the tongue thing:

I will post updated pics once I sort them out (thats not my pic but its similar). They turn red too, back and forth red, white, red white etc, sometimes itches sometimes it doesn't, eventually disappear and it begins again in a couple of days. Im going to get a stool sample to look for any viruses, parasites or fungus or something.

I also tend to be on the constipated side I think it's worth investigating with some stool samples. I will also get a big bloodwork with a lot of markers that will post and hopefully you can check it out.

Im also interested in testing dopamine, serotonin, and histamine levels. But how do you test these? I heard they fluctuate a lot. A way to test histamine would be the DAO enzyme for instance, but not sure about actual histamine levels.

Also, as far as testing candida on blood, is it possible? what do I ask on the lab?

And about the Tyromax, can you provide link? do they send to Europe? I may try after labs. I take 75mcg of eutirox at night at around 5 am, because im still awake. I go to bed aroudn 6 am, wake up at 3pm, yes its a mess, but I work from home, so I can do any schelude I want, and I feel better if I wake up late and go to bed late, when I try to wake up early in the morning im like a zombie for the first hours. I want to wake up at least an hour or two earlier to get some sun tho. Im taking 200 UI D3 with 75 μg k2 mk7 liquid EVOO supplement every other day. I will include vitamin D levels on the next test including active metabolite of vitamin D which a lot of people don't test for so they think their levels are ok but they only check the inactive one.

@HighT can you translate what these markers in russian mean? including MAT and TAT

Last edited:

ursidae

Действително някои хора имат проблем с приемането на големи количества йод, на твое място бих се фокусирала върху избягването на флуорирана и хлорирана вода и тестени изделия приготвени от брашно съдържащо набухвателя Калиев бромат.

Vanset

i just checked and the lab range on ft3 where i do blood test is 2.5 - 4.3 so that would put you near the bottom.

OP
HighT

HighT

Firstly something unreleated to the topic, but don't wanna start a new thread about it. I used some pork gelatine before and it had pleasent taste but not easy to dissolve. Now I just oppened a pack of bovine gelatine, dissolved quickly but had a smell and taste literally like fire matches :D Is this normal ?

Действително някои хора имат проблем с приемането на големи количества йод, на твое място бих се фокусирала върху избягването на флуорирана и хлорирана вода и тестени изделия приготвени от брашно съдържащо набухвателя Калиев бромат.
По принцип не ям много тестени изделия особено купувани. Само хляб, но няма да се изненадам ако съдържа и калиев бромат. Наскоро гледах че има аксорбинова к-на, олио също слагат на много хлябове.
За водата - пия само изворна и то от местен извор, даже като ще варя нещо сипвам от нея. Къпя се само лятос на реката. :D

I already consume lots of yogurt and cheeses, aren't they high in calcium ?

One more health issue I haven't mention yet is that this summer I had small kidney stone more like sand piece. I believe is from the many sour cherrys I ate at once as well the raw veggies from my garden. But from what I read, could be caused by high calcium as well. The gp said is an oxalate and I didn't send it for further examination.

So the high cholesterol could be because of kidney infection/inflamation. I had burning sort of pain there last night when I made a hot bath with magnesium.

Is TyroMax a supp from natural source? What about other two of haidut products and what dosage would you reccomend ?

Do you happen to consume a lot of PUFA?

Additionally, I think adding in an ounce or two of liver per week would be helpful, for the trace nutrients it provides and the vitamin A, as others have mentioned.
I used to but I cut it since I found this forum. I'm doing the liver once a week, even before that I was eating it from time to time.

we also have to consider that you had poor sleep the night prior, how does that affect thyroid hormones?

your t3 looks ok in that range, but i have seen ranges that go up as high as 5.6, so a ft3 of 3 would be on the lower end of that range, but again - sleep.

first step to improve thyroid function would be to lower your fat intake (to like 20-25% of calories IMO is enough for a person who works out) and up your carbohydrate. if you have access to ripe fruit you should include them in your diet, depending on how you react ofc. do that for 3 months and repeat your bloods (including lipid markers), but make sure you actually get a good night of sleep before. if you don't just cancel and reschedule.

basically, lower fat, increase carbs, thyroid and lipid panel in 3 months.

also your test is fine on a no-sleep night (?), so you're high test indeed :) don't worry, you'll be fine.
Will do what you suggest. The fruits need more check thou, which are good for kidney and wich are not.

i just checked and the lab range on ft3 where i do blood test is 2.5 - 4.3 so that would put you near the bottom.
Yep, it could be very well the hypothyroidism. I have had cold hands and feet most of the time recent years. Pulse now is 58-65.

Also, as far as testing candida on blood, is it possible? what do I ask on the lab?
Hello, do you check for candida here ? :D

@HighT can you translate what these markers in russian mean? including MAT and TAT

This is Bulgarian not Russian. All the markers on the picture I posted are in English exept for the Testorone which is written as Тестостерон.
TAT and MAT: these 3 letters A,M,T (in capitals only) are the same in Cyrillic and Latin alphabets.

ЯЧЛБПЦЧШЩЪьФЮГЖДЗ :D

frannybananny

What does it mean hypothyroid and could it really be healed by taking something for 2 weeks. Also about lowering cholesterol, Im not expert but I read that is not problem by itself, rather signaling other issues.

The refferal values shown are 0-10 so how people at their worst go just above 2. What could be this infection, could it be theeth related? I had bad theeth before and got 2 implants and 3-4 other theeth were threated. But that was 4 years ago and since than havent had any complains about theeth, just go once a year for cleaning.

I wrote above what Im eating. Ye I guess is high fat but dont believe is so high to cause such issues.

Damn I shouldnt have done this checks and I would be living in peace now. Is there a way to make my liver a good one.

Well judging by other comments, this is where things are heading :angelic:
Take Milk Thistle to help your liver...research it. Also TUDCA is good for liver.

OP
HighT

HighT

How’s it going, HighT?

Take Milk Thistle to help your liver...research it. Also TUDCA is good for liver.
Hi guys, thank you for writing in the thread. It is going fine, I have not done any more labs. Im sure my cholesterol is still high but I don't care. Forgot how the medical term was, but I have many family members with high cholesteroll from both father and mother line. And they don't even eat a qarter of the fats Im eating so.
Also I like many fat foods, since kid, so I didn't bother to cut them.

As for the thyroid mentioned before in the thread. One symptom that suppose to indicate bad thyroid is low pulse. Mine is still 60, but I don't consider it low or bad too. I have spoken with doctors (not as a patient) and they said pulse 60 is absolute lovely. That may not be true but since Im feeling good...

The rest were cold feet, palms, ears. I had them 3 seasons of year and in the summer time I were sweating litres of my palms. So I started drinking coffee once it was suggested in this thread. ( I don't like any machine coffee and I'm making it - 2 teaespoons coffee boiled in 200ml water with 4 teaspoons sugar - twice a day )
And the winter my feet and palms were warm and this summer no sweating palms despite the very hot weather. I believe the coffee did cure that cause I haven't changed much else. Expect I'm eating more fruits and sugars than before but still not as much as peater would eat. I have taken some aspirins gelatine taurine like few weeks all together. So thats it pretty much, Now I'm cuting coffee to 1 teaspoon twice a day and the goal is to be 1 teaspoon once a day. Will see how it goes.

I actually grew milk thistle in my garden, and I will buy some more cause don't have enough. How often do you suggest to take it and what qantity @frannybananny ?
I also have Arthemisia annua and some nettle root.

frannybananny

Hi guys, thank you for writing in the thread. It is going fine, I have not done any more labs. Im sure my cholesterol is still high but I don't care. Forgot how the medical term was, but I have many family members with high cholesteroll from both father and mother line. And they don't even eat a qarter of the fats Im eating so.
Also I like many fat foods, since kid, so I didn't bother to cut them.

As for the thyroid mentioned before in the thread. One symptom that suppose to indicate bad thyroid is low pulse. Mine is still 60, but I don't consider it low or bad too. I have spoken with doctors (not as a patient) and they said pulse 60 is absolute lovely. That may not be true but since Im feeling good...

The rest were cold feet, palms, ears. I had them 3 seasons of year and in the summer time I were sweating litres of my palms. So I started drinking coffee once it was suggested in this thread. ( I don't like any machine coffee and I'm making it - 2 teaespoons coffee boiled in 200ml water with 4 teaspoons sugar - twice a day )
And the winter my feet and palms were warm and this summer no sweating palms despite the very hot weather. I believe the coffee did cure that cause I haven't changed much else. Expect I'm eating more fruits and sugars than before but still not as much as peater would eat. I have taken some aspirins gelatine taurine like few weeks all together. So thats it pretty much, Now I'm cuting coffee to 1 teaspoon twice a day and the goal is to be 1 teaspoon once a day. Will see how it goes.

I actually grew milk thistle in my garden, and I will buy some more cause don't have enough. How often do you suggest to take it and what qantity @frannybananny ?
I also have Arthemisia annua and some nettle root.
This is the kind of milk thistle I take. I tried a different brand a few months ago that made me nauseous and sick. I like these and take it at night. Amazon product ASIN B07BD2PVWSView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BD2PVWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom