Always hyper and jittery

iLoveSugar

What is the best way to combat this? I also have to be moving when I am still. Like in my chair, moving back in fourth. It's so annoying, I want to just sit STILL once in a while.

Anything?

pranarupa

Check your breathing, don't mouth breathe, even when exercising.
Be mindful of your breathing, it should naturally reduce.

Ideally the breath should be imperceptible, if you were to place a hand directly beneath your nose you would not be able to feel the slightest touch of the breath, if someone was to look at you they should not be able to see any sign that you are breathing. Obviously when exerting yourself breathing will increase, still no mouth breathing.

Watch out for unconscious hyperventilation in the form of unnecessary sighing etc.

This will increase co2 and with it circulation and respiratory efficiency, co2 also appears to stabilise nerves, acting somewhat like an inhibitory neurotransmitter.

working with the breath directly effects psychic state.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I have been bag breathing and working on that for a little over a year. I haven't noticed any benefit to my current issue.

pranarupa

How much time do you do bag breathing for, do you watch your breath at all?

If you're only bag breathing / consciously reducing breathing for a few minutes each day results will be limited, watch other people, often there is a lot of unconscious hyperventilation, things like sighing, and odd little "huffs", if people are doing this kind of thing throughout the day then they are unconsciously over breathing, these little things add up.

The culture makes us blind to the fact that this is all maladaptive.

Dewitt

Altough hyperventilation is not neccessarily harmful. During times of very fast oxidative metabolism and oxygen consumption, the increased respiration rate is in fact adaptive and not maladaptive. People who tried one of the uncoupling agents will know what I mean. Your metabolism speeds up tremendously and CO2 levels and oxygen consumption reach the point at which hyperventilation is neccessary for survival. The same thing can happen during exercise. In many situations, the respiration rate is mostly driven by CO2 and high CO2 levels increase the desire to breath/the breathing rate. Of course there are exceptions and the situation should be judged by symptoms.

jaguar43

iLoveSugar said:
What is the best way to combat this? I also have to be moving when I am still. Like in my chair, moving back in fourth. It's so annoying, I want to just sit STILL once in a while.

Anything?

Low dopamine. I used to get like that during class....but when i take tianeptine or drink a lot of milk at once it brings me into a "resting state"

Mittir

Here is a RP quote on restless leg syndrome. Possibly there is a connection with over all restlessness.

RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME

I think it's caused by irritation and inflammation in the intestine, increasing serotonin. Starches and fibers support bacterial growth and can increase serotonin. Restless leg syndrome is another night-time reaction to bacterial overgrowth..

jyb

Mittir said:
Here is a RP quote on restless leg syndrome. Possibly there is a connection with over all restlessness.

RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME

I think it's caused by irritation and inflammation in the intestine, increasing serotonin. Starches and fibers support bacterial growth and can increase serotonin. Restless leg syndrome is another night-time reaction to bacterial overgrowth..

Just a random thought... it amazing the number and diversity of problems that, if RP is correct, are tied to the intestines. Runny or clogged nose, various insomnia issues, endotoxemia...

jaguar43

Mittir said:

RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME

that is a better answer, than mine.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

jyb said:
Mittir said:

RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME

Just a random thought... it amazing the number and diversity of problems that, if RP is correct, are tied to the intestines. Runny or clogged nose, various insomnia issues, endotoxemia...

YES! YES! YES! My intestines are VERY clogged and I suffer from bad constipation. Dairy seems to make me way worse. Also, the more clogged/constipated I am, the worse everything else becomes, including this current topic.

natedawggh

Yeah.. Endotoxin and exotoxin. Antihistamine can help, activated charcoal to cut down bacteria and neutralize toxins, bitter melon kills some too, carbonated water to restore intestine function. Read more peat articles on diet for this.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

natedawggh said:
Yeah.. Endotoxin and exotoxin. Antihistamine can help, activated charcoal to cut down bacteria and neutralize toxins, bitter melon kills some too, carbonated water to restore intestine function. Read more peat articles on diet for this.

I've tried Benadryl, and more recently Periactin. Both constipate/clog me worse. Since taking peraictin a few days ago, I have not had a bowel movement (3 days). I've tried coffee, cascara, carrot salad, etc.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I just feel worse than ever. Literally lay in bed due to such awful dizziness and vertigo. Brain fog and fatigue at an all time high as well.

J

James IV

EDIT. - saw the answer to my question.

Sounds like too much free fructose. I would try switching to a super easy to digest form of starch (glucose) low fructose fruits, and maple syrup for the majority of your carbs, and keep protein lower, for a week or so an see what happens. White, refined, unfortified (this is important) white flour is a good source (bobs red mill makes some.) Make pancakes with butter and syrup for while and see if things improve.

Peata

iLoveSugar said:
post 99503 I just feel worse than ever. Literally lay in bed due to such awful dizziness and vertigo. Brain fog and fatigue at an all time high as well.

Sorry you are still suffering.

I don't know if it will help you, but dimenhydrinate, an antihistamine (Dramamine), has been my savior for the last two weeks.

When I've felt the restless legs come on or dizziness, pressure, upset stomach, etc, I take half a tablet and I'm fine within 30 minutes. This amount doesn't make me sleepy, although if I think I need help with sleep, I take 1-1/2 to 2 tablets two hours before I want to fall asleep. I try to take as little as I can. I don't know how this medicine would be viewed by RP, and I don't want to overdose or get dependent on something for sleep. But it really has helped me with symptoms of all kinds.

A lot of the issues I didn't know where related to my gut clear up when I take half a tablet. It may not be a long term solution, but it's helped me find relief and given me more to think about where my troubles are originating from (stomach/gut). My BMs are better too, but whether that's due to the antihistamine or something else, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

The problem is--I am so fatigued that I can't even get out of bed. No idea if it's vesitibular issues or what. But any drowsy stuff just makes me so bad that I literally hallucinate. It's quite awful.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Roughly 3,000 per day.

Daily: Roughly 100-120 g protein from Daisy cottage cheese, strained and rinsed. Juice from cooked strawberries, blueberries and cherries. 2 tbsp coconut oil. 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream with only sugar, milk and cream. 1-3 tsp salt. Either coke or pepsi with real sugar. 1-2 c of coffee with lots of sugar and milk.

1-3x weekly: Bamboo shoots, carrot salad, oysters and liver. Also muscle meat roughly once a week. Also, my bowels don't work at all unless I have some starch, so usually chips 1-2x per week.

messtafarian

Akathisia.

ILS, go to Amazon and order either huperzine a or galantamine. These are both anticholinesterase inhibitors and have the same action as a prescription drug called Mestinon which is prescribed for Myasthenia Gravis in the states, but in France it is an OTC med for gastric dysmotility. If the problem is neurological it should help because it will amplify the nervous system signals to your gut. Coffee is also a mild ach inhibitor.

I think peat is right that most problems with movement originate in your gut. But you gotta get it moving first.