Aluminum Chelation - How To Do It?

Travis

I've had horsetail in my French press, which is actually okay, and think it could go well with something like yerba maté. Besides silica, citric acid is a good chelator. I think perhaps there could even be some powerful synthetic ones for chelating aluminum especially, but I'm not sure. Usually in the body, as far as I can tell, aluminum associates with phosphate in the bones and phophyorylated proteins—which can be found in myelin surrounding nerves. Most if not all microtubule-associated proteins are heavily phosphorylated, and aluminum can crosslink these through their phosphate groups in vitro. I think this is the main mechanism being 'neurofibrillary tangles' seen in Alzheimer's. Some other ideas are that 'it displaces iron from binding sites,' but then you would have damage that could be essentially modeled by iron overload. This is not the case; aluminum creates a special kind of inclusion body that cannot be replicated by anything else.

So I just stick-it-out with the dicarboxylic acids found in fruit, avoid aluminum, and occasionally drink horsetail tea. Besides double-acting baking powder, aluminum can also be found in cheap table salt (and spice mixes containing that). Of course most antacids are contraindicated as well as processed cheese (added as 'an emulsifer,' but it could really be there to crosslink globular dairy proteins for more gooey texture.) Because it's so persistent in the body, simply avoiding probably does more than than attempting to remove it.

The older people who have Alzheimer's were probably in a high-risk group, perhaps using antacids as well as consuming trace amounts in their boxfood for decades. Some were even on dialysis and given 'phosphate binders,' aluminum compounds which cause 'diabetic encephalopathy.' For most people eating whole food, and especially those eating a lot of calcium, aluminum is not really an issue. What we'd consumed in the past we won't have to deal with as long as we can keep our bones from dissolving as we age (which releases any stored aluminum).

Fractality

I've had horsetail in my French press, which is actually okay, and think it could go well with something like yerba maté. Besides silica, citric acid is a good chelator. I think perhaps there could even be some powerful synthetic ones for chelating aluminum especially, but I'm not sure. Usually in the body, as far as I can tell, aluminum associates with phosphate in the bones and phophyorylated proteins—which can be found in myelin surrounding nerves. Most if not all microtubule-associated proteins are heavily phosphorylated, and aluminum can crosslink these through their phosphate groups in vitro. I think this is the main mechanism being 'neurofibrillary tangles' seen in Alzheimer's. Some other ideas are that 'it displaces iron from binding sites,' but then you would have damage that could be essentially modeled by iron overload. This is not the case; aluminum creates a special kind of inclusion body that cannot be replicated by anything else.

So I just stick-it-out with the dicarboxylic acids found in fruit, avoid aluminum, and occasionally drink horsetail tea. Besides double-acting baking powder, aluminum can also be found in cheap table salt (and spice mixes containing that). Of course most antacids are contraindicated as well as processed cheese (added as 'an emulsifer,' but it could really be there to crosslink globular dairy proteins for more gooey texture.) Because it's so persistent in the body, simply avoiding probably does more than than attempting to remove it.

The older people who have Alzheimer's were probably in a high-risk group, perhaps using antacids as well as consuming trace amounts in their boxfood for decades. Some were even on dialysis and given 'phosphate binders,' aluminum compounds which cause 'diabetic encephalopathy.' For most people eating whole food, and especially those eating a lot of calcium, aluminum is not really an issue. What we'd consumed in the past we won't have to deal with as long as we can keep our bones from dissolving as we age (which releases any stored aluminum).

Great post, thanks Travis. What about aluminum that gets directly into the brain? There is no bone there for it to be safely stored in. I'm mostly concerned about direct exposure to the brain.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Spot on @Travis. I have seen great results with eggshell calcium in dogs heavily poisoned with aluminum. Aluminum is excreted at the same rate the calcium increases. Calcium is antagonistic to many heavy metals along with radioactive thallium and uranium. I would not recommend calcium supplements. Whole foods sources always to prevent the deleterious complication of calcium supplementation.

The following is a nice resource on other nutrients which aid the prevention of aluminum accumulation.

epapers.org/nutrients-preventing-aluminum-toxicity/

Interesting findings from the following study on the inverse relationship of high silicon foods and bioavailability.

Milk and dairy, which are low; silicon is highly bio-available, while shellfish which have high levels are low on their bio-availability score. High plant eaters get more silicon and high fibre diet reduces the bio-availability. Tea and beer score high. Nothing like a good beer on a hot day - estrogenic though :( I wonder how fermented barley as natto would score?

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10942910701584252?scroll=top&needAccess=true

paymanz

when you ingest silicon with your food it binds aluminum and prevents absorption. but how it can pull aluminum out from your tissue?

Last edited:

smith

1) zinc picolinate and 2) the yttrium contained within hawthorne berry which displaces it from what I read in a post by Newport on Curezone

If you don't trust fluoride-laced teas or contaminated water bottles, a company sells monomethylsilatriol which is touted as the most bioavailable form of silica. When I tried this casually with my food, mi face started to feel like a mask, like it upregulated elastin production or something times 1000 so a slight stretch was enough to cause paino_O

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Speaking of chelation, I just recently learned of a product that is a transdermal EDTA cream called Kelacream. Didn't know that EDTA could get into the body via that route. Apparently, it is better than oral in terms of the amount being absorbed, less expensive than IV, and more convenient than rectal suppositories (obviously).
Kelacream ETDA Chelation Cream

Momentum

1) zinc picolinate and 2) the yttrium contained within hawthorne berry which displaces it from what I read in a post by Newport on Curezone

If you don't trust fluoride-laced teas or contaminated water bottles, a company sells monomethylsilatriol which is touted as the most bioavailable form of silica. When I tried this casually with my food, mi face started to feel like a mask, like it upregulated elastin production or something times 1000 so a slight stretch was enough to cause paino_O

Hi @smith,
I just found your post as I was searching for chelating heavy metals. I also seem to have some type of collagen I deficiency so I found your experiment fascinating. I've used low dose Regenemax (choline stabilized OSA) for hair loss for over 10 years, but lately I've been having increased lack of collagen issues. After just doing a couple of hours of research, I think I'd be willing to give MMST a try. I've only found two brands in the U.S. so far. Wondering if one of these was one you tried?
The first is: Orgono, Premium Kit
And the other (only available through prof.) Search Results for “mmst” | Cyto-Matrix
Thanks!

dabdabdab

Spot on @Travis. I have seen great results with eggshell calcium in dogs heavily poisoned with aluminum. Aluminum is excreted at the same rate the calcium increases. Calcium is antagonistic to many heavy metals along with radioactive thallium and uranium. I would not recommend calcium supplements. Whole foods sources always to prevent the deleterious complication of calcium supplementation.

The following is a nice resource on other nutrients which aid the prevention of aluminum accumulation.

epapers.org/nutrients-preventing-aluminum-toxicity/

Interesting findings from the following study on the inverse relationship of high silicon foods and bioavailability.

Milk and dairy, which are low; silicon is highly bio-available, while shellfish which have high levels are low on their bio-availability score. High plant eaters get more silicon and high fibre diet reduces the bio-availability. Tea and beer score high. Nothing like a good beer on a hot day - estrogenic though :( I wonder how fermented barley as natto would score?

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10942910701584252?scroll=top&needAccess=true
eggshell contain glucosamine, a sulfur containing substance, maybe the chelation is because of that not the calcium