Alternatives For Carbs: Dates, Apricots, Marmalades?

ExCarniv

What's your thoughts on this alternatives?

Dates and Dried Apricots seems packed with decent nutrients and easy way to add more sugar/energy and could be convenient when ripe/quality fruits aren't available

Marmalades (without pectin) are good or the cooking process left them with too little nutrients?

Last edited:

Dobbler

Yes, all good. Anything from fruit, or from cane sugar as long as it's "clean" , meaning no seeds, PUFAs, additives , gums, lecithins. etc. It's quite easy to find Peat friendly foods if you do some research and look around. If it's fruit based look the labels that it's only the fruit and no additives, if it's sucrose/cane sugar based make sure it's actually that and not HFCS, and no nasty additives.

tara

Those options can all be delicious. The additives in dried apricots can sometimes be problematic.

But the test is to try them and see if they work for you.

For me, I enjoy all of those, but they are only good in limited amounts.

Marmalades (without pectin) are good or the cooking process left them with too little nutrients?
I don't know how you'd get the pectin out of it. It's very easy to make - wash and chop fruit, add sugar and a little water, cook. Store in fridge and eat before it goes off, or freeze, or learn how to do preserves.

Gone Peating

I was eating 2-3 servings a day of dried figs and dried apricots at one point, I really liked them but I started getting teeth sensitivity so dropped them

I really liked them but I started getting teeth sensitivity so dropped them
Eggs usually fix tooth sensitivity for me. Raw cheese to a lesser extent, I assume it's the K2 content.

Also oranges from 9-11A spleen/pancreas time.

Alsoooo fixing SIBO. The status of 'good vs. bad' bacteria in the small intestine directly reflects the bacterial population of the mouth which makes teeth more or less sensitive among other things. Had some very immediate experiences of tooth sensitivity disappearing as I was having bowel movements induced by antibacterial herbal concoctions.

Last edited:
OP
E

ExCarniv

Cooking frozen fruit in sugar is a great way to go.

Will try that, thanks

For now, 100g of dates per day seems safe for me, doesn't cause any allergies ,gut reaction or teeth sensibility. And I feel better than eating apples or pears.

ursidae

I've been eating pears, honeydew melon and lots of dates lately and getting horrible gas. Must be the dates

what was the content of those?

Ah yeah! In order of perceived benefit, more or less:
Blank walnut hull, ginger, turmeric, fresh carrot juice, fresh lemon juice, triphala (amalaki, bibitaki, haritaki together), goldenseal root, cascara sagrada, clove, and licorice root.

During that time I witnessed a great purge of intestinal nasties and mucus when pairing regular consumption of those things with a diet of strict raw fruits and vegetables.

However I must add that if I had to do it again and I knew then what I came to learn & experience later on, I would happily have exchanged that entire list for a high quality castor oil and turpentine combo...

Because while I gained a great relief (80% I'd say) from the fungal issues I was experiencing (couldn't eat cooked vegetables without repercussion, skin itchiness, blotches on my sclera, gas and bloating after most protein or carb-containing meals), it wasn't until I heard from Jennifer Daniels a suggestion of 1/4cup castor oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of turpentine (mentioned as a remedy for kidney stones but I figured what the hell, might as well check out the experience) that I finally saw great and permanent resolution of these symptoms, namely seeing liver flukes and small nests that I lost with that simple combo. Sclera of the eyes cleared up substantially.

I did it again about 60 days later and I can digest everything with comfort now, very rarely experiencing gas or bloating... Except milk, which I feel hyper-allergic to at this point frankly. Raw cheese is fine, just a problem with lactose. Patch on the sclera cleared up again even more the second time around, too.

The herbs are very powerful, but if you're trying to clean your small intestine of garbage, it's much cheaper to spend $25 on some organic castor oil and 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine. Drink at least 2 quarts of water in the next several hours of the episodic experience and make a point to replace electrolytes with salt, vegetables, shilajit, magnesium, calcium, etc over the next couple of weeks. Also vitamin C (whole food source preferred). It takes a lot a lot out. Powerful experience.

Edit: Turpentine MUST READ: 100% PURE GUM SPIRITS of Turpentine. Anything else is toxic. Exceeding a dose of 1 teaspoon per day is not advised. Turpentine is not something to be abused lest it poses a risk of damaging the nervous system.

Last edited:

Markus

Blank walnut hull, ginger, turmeric, fresh carrot juice, fresh lemon juice, triphala (amalaki, bibitaki, haritaki together), goldenseal root, cascara sagrada, clove, and licorice root.

During that time I witnessed a great purge of intestinal nasties and mucus when pairing regular consumption of those things with a diet of strict raw fruits and vegetables.

However I must add that if I had to do it again and I knew then what I came to learn & experience later on, I would happily have exchanged that entire list for a high quality castor oil and turpentine combo...

Because while I gained a great relief (80% I'd say) from the fungal issues I was experiencing (couldn't eat cooked vegetables without repercussion, skin itchiness, blotches on my sclera, gas and bloating after most protein or carb-containing meals), it wasn't until I heard from Jennifer Daniels a suggestion of 1/4cup castor oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of turpentine (mentioned as a remedy for kidney stones but I figured what the hell, might as well check out the experience) that I finally saw great and permanent resolution of these symptoms, namely seeing liver flukes and small nests that I lost with that simple combo. Sclera of the eyes cleared up substantially.

I did it again about 60 days later and I can digest everything with comfort now, very rarely experiencing gas or bloating... Except milk, which I feel hyper-allergic to at this point frankly. Raw cheese is fine, just a problem with lactose. Patch on the sclera cleared up again even more the second time around, too.

The herbs are very powerful, but if you're trying to clean your small intestine of garbage, it's much cheaper to spend $25 on some organic castor oil and 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine. Drink at least 2 quarts of water in the next several hours of the episodic experience and make a point to replace electrolytes with salt, vegetables, shilajit, magnesium, calcium, etc over the next couple of weeks. Also vitamin C (whole food source preferred). It takes a lot a lot out. Powerful experience.
How did you prepare and consume the mixture? Did you just shake it up and chug it down in one go?

There's certainly a kind of nausea that I experienced from hour 1-3 after taking the dose. The first go-around was much worse than the second. It's just an unsettling feeling until the 2nd and 3rd waves of bowel movements occur.

All I can really hypothesize is that the ricinoleic acid content of the castor oil has a particular antibacterial effect in the small intestine. "Lipases in the small intestine release ricinoleic acid from castor oil, which irritates the mucosa and thus leads to a laxative effect. Castor oil is a purging agent with a drastic effect not suited for long-term therapy." Taken from Science Direct

As far as the turpentine goes, as long as the dose is in within the standard and the quality/purity of the product is there, then it's not the turpentine itself that would cause problems, but a lack of bowel movements that might. According to Daniels, turpentine doesn't kill anything, it just sedates the undesireables and encourages them to leave through the GI tract... But if there is any inconsistency with the GI tract, it can cause a relocation of the internal problems. Kicking up dirt as it were.

Also, turpentine is not to be taken alone. Either put it over top of sugar or with castor oil. When taken with sugar it's medicinal and taken on some kind of routine basis in conjunction with a diet that limits foods that potentially feed fungal and parasitic problems. The extreme laxative effect that comes from castor oil makes it suitable to take regardless of how frequent or infrequent someone's regular bowel movements are.

ursidae

Edit: Turpentine MUST READ: 100% PURE GUM SPIRITS of Turpentine. Anything else is toxic. Exceeding a dose of 1 teaspoon per day is not advised. Turpentine is not something to be abused lest it poses a risk of damaging the nervous system.
interesting, I appreciate the detailed response. The castor mixture sounds simple enough so I might give it a try

so I might give it a try

Absolutely
If/when you do, I'd strongly advise against taking it any later than 11AM
And definitely definitely don't do it on a day where you'll have to leave the house for anything lol
Also... if you want to quell any symptoms of nausea, the carrot salad works really well.

Markus

There's certainly a kind of nausea that I experienced from hour 1-3 after taking the dose. The first go-around was much worse than the second. It's just an unsettling feeling until the 2nd and 3rd waves of bowel movements occur.

All I can really hypothesize is that the ricinoleic acid content of the castor oil has a particular antibacterial effect in the small intestine. "Lipases in the small intestine release ricinoleic acid from castor oil, which irritates the mucosa and thus leads to a laxative effect. Castor oil is a purging agent with a drastic effect not suited for long-term therapy." Taken from Science Direct

As far as the turpentine goes, as long as the dose is in within the standard and the quality/purity of the product is there, then it's not the turpentine itself that would cause problems, but a lack of bowel movements that might. According to Daniels, turpentine doesn't kill anything, it just sedates the undesireables and encourages them to leave through the GI tract... But if there is any inconsistency with the GI tract, it can cause a relocation of the internal problems. Kicking up dirt as it were.

Also, turpentine is not to be taken alone. Either put it over top of sugar or with castor oil. When taken with sugar it's medicinal and taken on some kind of routine basis in conjunction with a diet that limits foods that potentially feed fungal and parasitic problems. The extreme laxative effect that comes from castor oil makes it suitable to take regardless of how frequent or infrequent someone's regular bowel movements are.
Absolutely
If/when you do, I'd strongly advise against taking it any later than 11AM
And definitely definitely don't do it on a day where you'll have to leave the house for anything lol
Also... if you want to quell any symptoms of nausea, the carrot salad works really well.
Thanks for the detailed information!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals