Altering The Temperature Setpoint

Encai

I’ve (26M, 190 lbs, 6ft1) got a question. I’ve been reading a little about peat the last few weeks and have started to measure temperatures and pulses. What I noted is that my temperature is most of the time around 97,9 and pulse between 66-70 when lying down and ~80 when standing. I try to eat a lot of sugar from juice and fruits, mostly saturated fats from dairy, chocolate and coconut. Some grains maybe every two days. Glycine, cheese and eggs daily. It feels good energy and hunger wise, although I could still throw in a siesta every day.

The thing I noted is. My body temperature doesn’t rise much more but at some point I start sweating. That means my body doesn’t really want to go above that range somehow. Is this because of some type of setpoint? If yes, what is one supposed to do about it? Thanks for any help

redsun

I’ve (26M, 190 lbs, 6ft1) got a question. I’ve been reading a little about peat the last few weeks and have started to measure temperatures and pulses. What I noted is that my temperature is most of the time around 97,9 and pulse between 66-70 when lying down and ~80 when standing. I try to eat a lot of sugar from juice and fruits, mostly saturated fats from dairy, chocolate and coconut. Some grains maybe every two days. Glycine, cheese and eggs daily. It feels good energy and hunger wise, although I could still throw in a siesta every day.

The thing I noted is. My body temperature doesn’t rise much more but at some point I start sweating. That means my body doesn’t really want to go above that range somehow. Is this because of some type of setpoint? If yes, what is one supposed to do about it? Thanks for any help

Eat some steak. You don't have a significant source of niacin and your protein intake is probably on the low side with the type of food you eat. More protein and niacin from meat will raise the temps. You are tall as well, you probably are low on protein with the food you eat. Don't be afraid of meat.

lampofred

Increase salt, vitamin A, trace minerals (eggs, liver, oysters), lower fat and increase protein, maybe replace some of the fruit juice with potatoes and replace some of the milk with cheese.

Steak will raise temps as redsun mentioned but I would recommend to try to eat it in moderation and not make it the main source of protein because Dr. Peat says calcium to phosphate ratio is extremely important in the long-run.

EDIT: Didn't properly read your question... I think sweating is due to low dopamine because bromocriptine abolished sweating for me when I tried it in the past.

When body temperature goes up beyond what your brain is comfortable with, FFA go up, serotonin goes up, and dopamine goes down. Things that lower FFA, like aspirin and sugars, should help to lower sweating, and I think calcium intake, as you gradually increase your calcium stores, helps to raise your "resting" temperature setpoint.

Last edited: