Alterations In TSH And Thyroid Hormones Following Mobile Phone Use

Diokine

Conclusion: As far as the study is concerned, this is the first human study to assess the associations between mobile phone use and alterations in the levels of TSH and thyroid hormones. Based on the findings, a higher than normal TSH level, low mean T4 and normal T3 concentrations in mobile users were observed. It seems that minor degrees of thyroid dysfunction with a compensatory rise in TSH may occur following excessive use of mobile phones. It may be concluded that possible deleterious effects of mobile microwaves on hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis affects the levels of these hormones.

Alterations in TSH and Thyroid Hormones following Mobile Phone Use

Related
Electromagnetic fields and the blood-brain barrier.

Permeability of the blood-brain barrier induced by 915 MHz electromagnetic radiation, continuous wave and modulated at 8, 16, 50, and 200 Hz.

I don't know about you guys, but if I use my phone for an extended period of time (>5 minutes) with it placed against my head, I can feel something going on inside my brain. Makes it slightly awkward when I have to tell people I must end the call because I don't want to hurt my brain.

Drareg

Wow, that's interesting.
Wonder about magnetic effect form laptops(notebooks) and iPads which are generally held around the groin area??

OP
Diokine

Diokine

Wow, that's interesting.
Wonder about magnetic effect form laptops(notebooks) and iPads which are generally held around the groin area??

Very bad. I've read some anecdotal reports of testosterone being lowered simply by keeping a mobile phone in your pocket (Tim Ferriss - 4 hour body.) There is also this evidence;

Impact of 900 MHz electromagnetic field exposure on main male reproductive hormone levels: a Rattus norvegicus model.

Long-term effects of 900 MHz radiofrequency radiation emitted from mobile phone on testicular tissue and epididymal semen quality.

This link deals with 50Hz EMF (mains switching frequency in Europe,) exposure to 60Hz is probably very similar in effect. This type of EM-noise will be very heavy around fluorescent lighting fixtures with older type ballasts, and anything with switching power supply or that isn't properly grounded or shielded.

Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis responses of the male rats to short and long time alternative magnetic fields (50 Hz) exposure

Here is a particularly interesting one, showing increased levels of b-amyloid, carbonyls, and our old friend malondialdehyde in the brain after exposure to 900MHz radiation.

Effect of 900 MHz radio frequency radiation on beta amyloid protein, protein carbonyl, and malondialdehyde in the brain.

You can look up essentially any biological system under the influence of EM type noise in google and you will find lots of data showing how damaging it is. Admittedly some papers do not show effects, but think for a moment about the agenda behind this kind of research and make your own conclusions.

Drareg

Magnetic effects are as real as it gets but it's not all negative, they have have potentially some incredible effects on biology.

Tim Ferris is not someone whose books I would read,one article is enough to see a charlatan for what he is ,he is part of the modern day self promoter of anything that will sell based on relentless hype, adrenalin stream of consciousness IMO, at best he gets some coherent thinking from testosterone injections if it doesn't convert to estrogen which it might be as he is thinning hair on top.
He is manipulating people with an age old confidence trick , when you say this you are called jealous because Tim is a millionaire and that equals success. We are flooded with these guys because of the rise of instant communications. They generally rise when in economic depression,recessions.
dave asprey is similar, they both tell us they sold a big company in web2.0 world ,now just want to give back etc

Ray Peat responded in a email to psychopathy/socipathy,borderline etc he believes it's unlikely you can help people like this, they are all in the name of justifying their behaviour with its a mean and nasty world ,do what you got a do.

Common fallacy is snake oil salesmen and charlatans don't make money!
I love it when they critique other people for being charlatan sales people to try increase their own credibility.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals