Jremy25

Has anyone heard of or used alphagels? Apparently a T and dht gel online source. A few of the bros from reddit linked me to their profile for 10% dht gel.

Inboxed them and seems legit but wanted some reviews before placing an order. Thanks.

Matestube

Has anyone heard of or used alphagels? Apparently a T and dht gel online source. A few of the bros from reddit linked me to their profile for 10% dht gel.

Inboxed them and seems legit but wanted some reviews before placing an order. Thanks.
That's not the way to go about it. You're going to go from scam to scam with finished products, you will never know the excipients used, nor the quantity of hormones per dose.

Go to a reputable steroid forum.
Go to the underground section and see which suppliers are trustworthy and third party tested by Janoshik with consistantly good results.
Order pure DHT and T powder from them, and make your own gel solution, either with DMSO gel, liquid DMSO, or benzyl alcohol and aloe vera.

OP
J

Jremy25

Thanks for your response. I am looking for a legit dht raw source.

Does testosterone have good solubility in benzyl alcohol? Maybe I could mix benzyl alcohol and dmso?

Matestube

Thanks for your response. I am looking for a legit dht raw source.

Does testosterone have good solubility in benzyl alcohol? Maybe I could mix benzyl alcohol and dmso?
Legit DHT raw source? PPL.
All steroids no matter the ester have perfect solubility in BA. You could indeed mix BA and DMSO.

OP
J

Jremy25

Thanks. I’m just worried about customs that’s why the ready made option would be more convenient.

Would 100mg/ml concentration of dht fully dissolve in 50% BA, 50% DMSO solution?

Matestube

Thanks. I’m just worried about customs that’s why the ready made option would be more convenient.

Would 100mg/ml concentration of dht fully dissolve in 50% BA, 50% DMSO solution?
Readily made vials would draw far more attention from customs than raw powder packaged as creatine.
Yes it fully dissolves at that concentration in BA alone, DMSO alone, as well as 50/50.

OP
J

Jremy25

Readily made vials would draw far more attention from customs than raw powder packaged as creatine.
Yes it fully dissolves at that concentration in BA alone, DMSO alone, as well as 50/50.
Fair enough, that makes sense.

Is BA superior to ethanol as a solvent and in terms of transdermal absorption?

Also would 50% BA and 50% dmso combination be superior to using either of them alone?

Matestube

I think benzyl alcohol is neurotoxic.
My research points towards a toxicity at 80mg/kg/day, but that's when ingested.
I've been thoroughly looking for BA's transdermal toxicity for months while establishing my transdermal formulas, and found nothing.
Curious to see what you found.

OP
J

Jremy25

You can dissolve 3 times more T in BA than in ethanol, so yes BA is a far superior solvent:

https://purehost.bath.ac.uk/ws/port..._of_testosterone_transdermal_formulations.pdf
That’s insane solubility in BA, thanks for that link. How is the solubility in DMSO? I couldn’t find it there in the table. My thoughts are using a 50% BA and 50% DMSO solution would result in the highest solubility and transdermal absorption for T.

Last edited:
My research points towards a toxicity at 80mg/kg/day, but that's when ingested.
I've been thoroughly looking for BA's transdermal toxicity for months while establishing my transdermal formulas, and found nothing.
Curious to see what you found.

It is present in perfumes but studies show toxicity and I would never apply it or use it.

Matestube

That’s insane solubility in BA, thanks for that link. How is the solubility in DMSO? I couldn’t find it there in the table. My thoughts are using a 50% BA and 50% DMSO solution would result in the highest solubility and transdermal absorption for T.
Funny you mention it that was exactly going to be my next experiment as I have the same intuition.
Solubility would be better, and skin burning from 100% DMSO would probably be alleviated by doing 50/50.

I haven't seen any figure for DMSO solvency's rate, but from experience I would say somewhere in between ethanol and BA, as there are definitely some residues when attempting 100mg/ml DHT in DMSO, whereas there are no crystals left when doing 100mg/ml in BA.

I hate to say that sentence, but what studies?

Matestube

"were conducted by administering the chemical by gavage"

Again, still no proof of toxicity with transdermal application.

"were conducted by administering the chemical by gavage"

Again, still no proof of toxicity with transdermal application.

I knew many would find fault with this. I think, why use this compound if others are available? I wouldn't use it.