Alpecin shampoo: Caffeine, Taurine and Niacinamide (are corporations on to Peating?)

IROM

Just bough this German brand: Alpecin. It contains caffeine, taurine and niacinamide. After a long search for a perfect ready-made shampoo, I may have found it. I was looking in American stores for the longest time and all the caffeine shampoos have garbage like hemp oil or other seed oils mixed with the caffeine.

Does anything here on the ingredients stand out as bad to you guys? Is Castor oil, that bad?

Also I think the German version of this brand doesn't contain Castor Oil. Its kinda weird.
download - 2021-01-12T101007.881.jpeg

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-2, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate,Sodium Chloride, Taurine, Caffeine, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc PCA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Niacinamide, Tocopherol, Linalool, Glycine Soja Oil, Limonene, Biotin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Sulfate, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

OP
IROM

IROM

Sodium Laureth Sulfate.
I think Danny Roddy has warned against this ingredient
Ray has said that just plain soap is an endocrine disruptor. So I imagine the net effect of the other ingredients may cancel that out though.

I tend to only use coconut oil conditioner in my hair. And shampoo about once a week.

Rachel

I don't know about every ingredient, but there are several baddies here.

Sodium Laureth Sulfate(irritant), Propylene Glycol(irritant), Citric Acid(irritant), Fragrance(95% of the chemicals used in these fragrances come from crude oil. They also include carcinogenic chemicals and chemicals that are linked to causing disruptions in many different body systems), Soja Oil(=soy oil[PUFA]), Methylparaben(endocrine disruptor), Propylparaben(endocrine disruptor), Yellow 5, and Yellow 6(many synthetic colors have carcinogenic properties).

Whee!

OP
IROM

IROM

I don't know about every ingredient, but there are several baddies here.

Sodium Laureth Sulfate(irritant), Propylene Glycol(irritant), Citric Acid(irritant), Fragrance(95% of the chemicals used in these fragrances come from crude oil. They also include carcinogenic chemicals and chemicals that are linked to causing disruptions in many different body systems), Soja Oil(=soy oil[PUFA]), Methylparaben(endocrine disruptor), Propylparaben(endocrine disruptor), Yellow 5, and Yellow 6(many synthetic colors have carcinogenic properties).

Whee!
Yeah some of the stuff has no business being in there. Pretty much any products on the market contain the first four. I just wish there were more bare bones shampoos which actually were chemically stable.
I think since I am not experiencing hair loss but just dry scalp and a cycling hairline that I will give it a try. I've never put caffeine, niacin or taurine on my scalp so I want to see what it feels like and does. It can't be worse than shampoos I've been using.

Rachel

I think since I am not experiencing hair loss but just dry scalp and a cycling hairline that I will give it a try. I've never put caffeine, niacin or taurine on my scalp so I want to see what it feels like and does. It can't be worse than shampoos I've been using.

IROM, have you considered adding these ingredients yourself- to a better shampoo?

OP
IROM

IROM

IROM, have you considered adding these ingredients yourself- to a better shampoo?
I guess it really doesn't need to be that stable right? I could try some espresso, crushed niacinamide and taurine powder. But then what brand of shampoo is actually good?

Just useless, very low and ineffective caffeine content in it.
Huh, I didn't even see a statement of how much was in it. I will say it definitely did something for my dry scalp and my hair looks great but I guess it could always be better.

kaybb

Yeah some of the stuff has no business being in there. Pretty much any products on the market contain the first four. I just wish there were more bare bones shampoos which actually were chemically stable.
Search for “clean ingredients” shampoo, or non toxic shampoo... something like that and you will find so many, anyway in CAN and USA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom