Aloe-emodin is a highly potent mast cell stabilizer

Mito

Aloe-emodin, a naturally occurring anthraquinone, is a highly potent mast cell stabilizer through activating mitochondrial calcium uniporter

Abstract​

Mast cells play a fundamental role in immune system. Upon stimulation, they are activated via IgE dependent or independent pathway and then release granules which contain plenty of preformed constituents. Mast cell stabilizers are commonly used clinically for inhibiting the degranulation of mast cells. In the current study, we firstly identified aloe-emodin, a naturally occurring anthraquinone, was a prominent mast cell stabilizer. It could strikingly dampen IgE/FcεRI- and MAS-related G protein coupled receptor (Mrgpr)-mediated mast cell degranulation in vitro and in vivo. Mechanism study indicated that aloe-emodin rapidly and reversibly decreased cytosolic Ca2+ (Ca2+[c]) concentration through enhancing the mitochondrial Ca2+ (Ca2+[m]) uptake. After genetically silencing or pharmacologic inhibiting mitochondrial calcium uniporter (MCU), the effects of aloe-emodin on the Ca2+[c] level and mast cell degranulation were significantly weakened. In contrast to six clinical drugs with mast cell stabilizing properties (amlexanox, tranilast, ketotifen, cromolyn disodium salt, dexamethasone and pimecrolimus), aloe-emodin showed an impressive and potent inhibitory action on the mast cell degranulation. Collectively, aloe-emodin is a highly potent mast cell stabilizer. By directly activating MCU, it decreases Ca2+[c] level to suppress mast cell degranulation. Our study may provide a promising candidate for the treatment of mast cell activation-related diseases.

professor_sue

This is fantastic information, thank you!! I was just researching information about mast cells, histamine intolerance, etc, yesterday (I suffer from seasonal allergies, allergy induced asthma, histamine intolerance and other food intolerances and allergies (wheat, developed later in life, apparently; why, I don't know), and from a number of digestive problems (IBS-C, bacterial overgrowth likely in colon). I'm thinking that my main issue is parasites, so I'm working on that. I have to take a ***t-ton of cascara sagrada (at once) at least once a week, sometimes twice to clean myself out. I also take CamphoSol with Activated Charcoal twice a week minimum. I've tried numerous ways of eating and am doing plant-based because I feel the least unwell on it. I'm not a fan of having to eat food but until I evolve into a light being and can live as a breatharian, I must consume food, much to my dismay.

The key is keeping the elimination system functioning well. I struggle with that a lot. Hypothyroidism, hormonal imbalances, slow metabolism etc. I'm 51 and menopause..well, no aspect of the female issues have been kind to me. I joke about transitioning to being a man but there are days when it's so bad... I'm not really trans though. But it's rough living in the world today with toxic levels of everything including people, politics, etc.

Again Thanks for sharing this information. Super helpful!! Have a great day today ❤??

OP
Mito

Mito

yerrag

What is the significance of mast cell degranulation? What is the difference between a mast cell that has not degranulated vs one that has? Does the degranulation cause inflammation?

OP
Mito

Mito

What is the significance of mast cell degranulation? What is the difference between a mast cell that has not degranulated vs one that has? Does the degranulation cause inflammation?

“Mast cells are characterized by a cytoplasm filled with secretory granules containing a large array of preformed mediators7. The matrix of these granules is composed of proteoglycans, mostly constituted of heparin and its core peptide serglycin, a highly anionic macromolecular complex in which mast cell bioactive mediators are embedded8,9. During the degranulation process, granule membranes fuse with each other and with the plasma membrane leading to the release of granule content into the surrounding environment. Some mediators, such as histamine, serotonin or β-hexosaminidase, quickly diffuse from the released granules, whereas others, such as tryptase, chymase or tumour-necrosis factor (TNF), dissociate more slowly allowing granule remnants to keep their biological activity for a prolonged time8,10,11,12.”

Michael Mohn

Mast cell degranulation is the way mast cells release histamine and serotonin and induce inflamation. As a response to antigens, foreign matter & pathogens it is protective but it shuts down metabolism and if it's chronically it damages tissues.

yerrag

“Mast cells are characterized by a cytoplasm filled with secretory granules containing a large array of preformed mediators7. The matrix of these granules is composed of proteoglycans, mostly constituted of heparin and its core peptide serglycin, a highly anionic macromolecular complex in which mast cell bioactive mediators are embedded8,9. During the degranulation process, granule membranes fuse with each other and with the plasma membrane leading to the release of granule content into the surrounding environment. Some mediators, such as histamine, serotonin or β-hexosaminidase, quickly diffuse from the released granules, whereas others, such as tryptase, chymase or tumour-necrosis factor (TNF), dissociate more slowly allowing granule remnants to keep their biological activity for a prolonged time8,10,11,12.”
Mast cell degranulation is the way mast cells release histamine and serotonin and induce inflamation. As a response to antigens, foreign matter & pathogens it is protective but it shuts down metabolism and if it's chronically it damages tissues.
Thanks.

I suppose this is behind a lot of the allergies involving the skin and the lungs. And perhaps quite a few of the gut problems people experience.

success23

Poor absorption. The laxative effect comes from aloe-emodin working locally on the bowels.