Almost Panic Attacks

RePeatRePeat

After following Peat's ideas and the wonderful suggestions here on the forum for a year I had begun having clearer thinking, more energy, less angry episodes. Also, started having daily temperatures on the upper 98's and sometimes 99! Then I got a stomach bug or the flu, and couldn't eat.

After going to bed without food but no hunger and feeling quite sick, I woke in the middle of the night with swirling emotions and almost hysteria. I realized I needed to raise my blood sugar and bring down my cortisol and adrenaline. The things that help me most with that are OJ with sugar (or a good soda), pregnenolone and cbd oil drops so I had some and talked myself down. But I couldn't go to sleep unless I kept a light on and the bedroom door open. I sleep wearing a mask over my eyes so the light doesn't keep me up but I have to know it is on and sometimes I have to see it to calm down.

I have been sick for almost a week but now feeling much better except it has been a struggle to not have a panic attack. I am, btw, under a whole lot of emotional and financial stress right now. But, before getting the bug I was handling everything remarkably well! I am still not eating like I was before I got sick (still some diarrhea) and still have to keep a light on and the door open or I get claustrophobic and panicky. I don't think I store any glycogen cuz I run through sugars fast and then crash. Before the bug I noticed I could last a while and thought my liver was improving. Feeling confused.

Does this ever go away? I know it must, but I feel like now I am sensitized to panic attacks and will get them easily. Scary to think that. I guess I feel very alone and want encouragement. Here is what I am trying to get back to. Please let me know if I can improve this specific for panic attacks/stress.

Food:
Casein in morning and before bed in orange juice with added sugar
2 coffee's daily with collagen, sugar and a little added mg
Shrimp or eggs 3-4 times a week
1-2 cups whole milk
More OJ
Dried papaya or pineapple
Chocolate
Cheese
Was having a carrot daily but then it started giving me a loose bowel

In fact, I dont know if my loose bowels now are from the bug still. I think it's how I am eating. I even dropped down from 2.5 gr thyroid to 2.0 in case it is too much anymore. (My tsh was .006 last test a year ago.) My HR has been on high side for a long time (not healthfully so - jumping extra high with any exertion) and it had gotten higher (just lying in bed now into 90' and 100's)

Supplements:
Thyroid 2.0-2.5 gr
Collagen 4 T
Vit A 10,000
Vit D 400
Vit E 400
Vit K2 15mg
Thiamine 70-100mg
B6 10-25mg
Niacinamide 200-300mg
Pregnenolone 300-600mg
Taurine 1000-4000mg (Had only done this for a week before getting sick. Loose bowels on 4000)

I know the CBD drops are pufa laden but taking 3 to 15 drops daily is helpful and I can't guess I get that much pufa that it is wrecking me. CBD is anti serotonin, anti estrogen, anti cortisol from what I understand. And have a good chill effect. I take as needed.

Thank you for your feedback.

OP
RePeatRePeat

RePeatRePeat

Oh, and I used to use ton of salt, about a Tablespoon a day but the last couple of weeks (starting with eating Casein) I can't tolerate as much. And now I am wondering if the loose bowels are the Casein! And I am on and off with potatoes. They give me a good feeling but coat my tongue.

I am all over the place, Feeling yucky. Sorry.

Drareg

have you tried eliminating the CBD oil ? Peat has some great articles on PUFA, it may be the cause of the panic. Trying to produce more co2 with metabolism, bag breathing has been recommended to increase co2.
Did you do full thyroid labs before taking thyroid? Your tsh seems fine, you might not need it.

It plays on the cannabanoid receptors? Essentially a potent pain killer? Anandamide? Peat was quoted as saying cannabis is estrogenic, he also stated it had some OK effects but better to be avoided.
THC in cannabis actually increases pregnenolone ,pregenolone locks on to the THC "receptor" when THC goes too high, does your CBD oil contain THC? This might explain why you liked it initially.
Cannabis is probably one of the most potent pain killers therefore when you stop it and allow reality to flow through you again it can be a shock.

Either way as an oil it needs to be metabolised , taking niacinamide and the other supplements your taking will push your metabolism toward metabolising glucose, the eefcts of the CBD oil might not be as strong at this point.

Taurine increases testosterone and under stress testosterone can turn into estrogen,great discussions on taurine on this forum shown some people got this effect.

In general im guessing your messing with the feedback loops in the body with all the supplements, Pregenolone can correct a hormone imbalance but it might not know what it's doing with everything else in your body, you are ramping up your metabolism while under stress and you might not have the calories to match this. Calories corrected this for you you said so maybe keeping calories on hand throughout.

Aspirin, k2 and kale for blood thinning helps in high stress situations for me, calories need to be there also. Aspirin has many effects ,Peat has some great articles on this, aspirin stops fatty acid metabolism,anti histamine like theanine helps me In situations like this.

If the financial stress is loans or crap employer related ,try take heart from the fact that the system is warped and disgusting, you should not feel inferior because you might not be "succeeding "in a system that promotes psychopathology. This system will collapse with time as history shows.
Peat has some incredible articles on said system when you get your stress down they are worth looking at.

Drareg

Sleeping under an infrared light bulb may be better than regular light if you need a light.

OP
RePeatRePeat

RePeatRePeat

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, Drareg. I had despaired of hearing from anyone. I thought my comment on CBD oil had alienated everyone. That and the fact that I was in crisis when I wrote it - no one likes a needy person, I suppose. But I needed connection with someone who understands Peating since anyone else I could talk to would think quite differently.

I don't smoke weed. But when I read about CBD oil's benefits I was blown away and experimented. I only started using the drops a month ago and liked them. There is absolutely no THC in them. I really think the PUFA effect from them is minimal because I ingest so little. Still, I ordered Theanine today and am assuming CBD will be a thing of the past as soon as I'm chillaxin from the Theanine.

Yes, I did some bag breathing today and it did help a little bit. I think forcing myself to eat and eat has helped the most. I thought about aspirin but was scared to take it on an empty stomach when I was sick.

To answer your question, I began natural thyroid medication after testing showed it was sorely needed. I think I may be able to take a little less of it now because the other things I am doing are revving up my metabolism.

Infrared light in the bedroom is something I need to look into. Thanks for the good idea. And thanks for your comments about our system being a mess. Yeah. Even if I don't blame myself for my boss' idiocy, I am the one who lives with the consequences. I have to stay super on top of my food so I can think of ways out of this situation. I'll check out Peat's articles on the system sometime. His writing always entertains me.

tara

To answer your question, I began natural thyroid medication after testing showed it was sorely needed. I think I may be able to take a little less of it now because the other things I am doing are revving up my metabolism.
I'd consider lowering it a little and see how it goes.

If you think you may still have pathogenic bugs ruling in your gut, you could try some generous activated charcoal 2-3 times a day for 2-3 days. It will steal a lot of nutrition, but could pick up and sweep out some unwanted stuff too. (Wear black undies. :))

If that food description is what you've been eating while struggling with diarrhea, it's possible you may have trouble with some of them eg chocolate and cheese. Try for super easy to digest, not too high fat. We used to get white rice and stewed apples when we were kids, and I reckon that might not be too far off.

If that's what you were eating before you got sick, then maybe not enough?

Panic attacks often seem to go with hyperventilation, which is easy to do at night. Do you know if you breath with your mouth open or shut at night?

OP
RePeatRePeat

RePeatRePeat

Thanks, Tara.

I tried some AC one day when I was sick but it added to the diarrhea! :( I have eaten a lot today and all has been well since about noon, so Ima say it's all good now!

Cheese and chocolate don't give me the runs at all, normally. I started moving my bowels more with the starting of Taurine and Casein, but not diarrhea. That came with the "bug". So, I wasn't eating much while sick because I wasn't very hungry and also I was afraid it would run right through me.

Panic attacks often seem to go with hyperventilation, which is easy to do at night. Do you know if you breath with your mouth open or shut at night?

Usually closed but open when sick! That must have been part of the problem. I am going to get a chin strap to be sure I keep my mouth shut.

If that's what you were eating before you got sick, then maybe not enough?

I have had a lot of trouble eating enough. Working on it, though. I am making a commitment to potatoes and that will help a lot. :forkknife:

tara

Usually closed but open when sick! That must have been part of the problem. I am going to get a chin strap to be sure I keep my mouth shut.
:) I still have to get my tape out when I get sick.

If potatoes agree with you, that's great. Not sure about your age and gender, but if you have been undereating a long time, it may be worth totting up you calories and being rigorous about keeping them up for a while. Don't know your age, gender size, so not sure how high that should be. As a rough estimate, maybe 2500 for a normally active adult woman, more if male, tall, extra active, or under 25.

Energy deficiency can contribute to panic too, I think.

Finding foods your gut tolerates seems key. I guess you get to keep playing with this.
Are you getting decent amounts of calcium and Mg in your food?

OP
RePeatRePeat

RePeatRePeat

Are you getting decent amounts of calcium and Mg in your food?

I was using eggshell calcium plus milk for calcium but now with the casein I get a whopper full of it. I use a magnesium chloride supplement to make sure I am covered there. Forgot to add that to the supplement list.

Energy deficiency can contribute to panic too, I think.

No doubt. I never had that kind of reaction to an energy deficiency before but I never had a decent metabolism plus no fuel and no glycogen stored. Recipe for disaster. I am feeling better now, but can feel the panic lurking on the edge. It might just be fear of its return.

tara

I am feeling better now, but can feel the panic lurking on the edge. It might just be fear of its return.
Glad you are feeling better.
Once you have adequate fuel in your system, sometimes short breath holds can help with calming nerves.

Drareg

I remember getting an OK reaction from b6 initially, it helps lower prolactin.
Getting to used to it during a busy time I got bad depersonalisation,from reading Peat I knew what it was, I couldn't stop it but knowing what it was put me at ease, it's like my body is going to drop away or something ,like eminent death, I drank 2 cans of Coke with 150mg of aspirin and it stopped.

I stopped b6 as its not for me but just being busy with so many supplements going on I forgot peat saying it's not good taking that regularly.

Yeah your right about getting the gut sorted, I agree about it being hard to eat under stress and digest ,I found eating as clean as possible no grains ,only starch and potato or squash ,some people are even sensitive to that. Bowel movement is vital. Calories being crucial then puts you in a difficult situation, I will eat standing up when working if I have to, this is not ideal but better than no calories.

Theanine might stop the stress response being so strong but it's no magic bullet, theanine influences histamine,serotonin and cortisol more so than directly influencing estrogen, it does indirectly buy it's good to have something to counter estrogen. I'm still trying to find something better for estrogen than aspirin, k2 seems good for me if its in a clean Vitamin E oil. Not PUFA laden.

The best think I got from Peats articles was to understand the environment epigentically modifying your behaviour, He has the wisdom to know some us can't change the environment right now so he advises some things through diet to help adapt to the stress I guess. Supporting water structure. If you can't adapt to the stress with coherent energy you will end up with many different issues once the stress hormone takes its toll.
I don't think it makes sense to use his biological supporting advice to climb to the top of an already toxic culture. There is probably a reason why many executives ,politicians etc are taking benzodiazepines and other incoherent potent substances to keep going, even top athletes are being exposed for doping, if it's the wrong stuff it catches them in the end.
It's common among Islamic state members to take mind altering substances, humans can't behave this way unless biologically disturbed perhaps?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals