Almost half of obese adults are (metabolically) healthy

“At adipose tissue, the problem with fatness isn't the amount of fat. It's that we've reached the point where we can't get any fatter. Well, we can, but we can no longer do so while maintaining a healthy organizational structure within adipose tissue that allows blood, oxygen, and nutrients to get to where they need to go. Surprisingly, some of the things that enable proper expansion, and thus protect our metabolic health, are things that we usually think of as “bad,” such as inflammation. In fact, the pro-inflammatory changes in the gut microbiome in response to an obesogenic diet provide information to adipose tissue that it needs to prepare for healthy expansion. And adipose expansion is most protective at the site of the “bad” body fat: visceral fat in the abdomen.

At liver, the problem is fat gets trapped in the liver, flattening out everything in the cell and hogging the space needed for glycogen storage, and this can happen even in a lean person.”
Visceral fat is that round body style. A proportional layer of good fat can be beneficial Haidut's post study says, even life saving!

yerrag

No you are right, i did not mean to be "that" forgiving . You articulated it far better than i could. In retrospect i am kind of baffled how health issues, both in myself and in many others ,had more than just one sign to signal a "deeper" issue.

From my observation, people deny/supress these things (chronic skin conditions, gaining/loosing weight far to quickly, dandruff/oily scalp, impaired cognitive function etc.) with modern interventions such as cosmetics/supplements/medications. Alot of times, especially at younger ages, this works kind of because often times the issue resolves itself, by what mechanism idk, perhaps its realy the youthful growth factor or a unaware resolve of the original cause ....

And who could blame them? Lack of knowledge, incompetent doctors and a lack of "pain/decline in health quality" to actually get up and take responsibility of oneself. Sadly, until it is far to advanced.

Beautifully said, thanks for the thoughtfull response.
Thank you as well. For challenging me to connect more with Ray's preference for the analog over the digital. It certainly requires one to be thoughtful and to question, instead of relying on the brute power of digital boolean logic to make decisions for us when we have the innate capacity to make better decisions.

This would mean a large part of the population is healthy, which seems unlikely, doesn't it?
Just as a large part of the population is unhealthy enough to be so dependent on vaccines, maintenance drugs, and replacement bionic parts.

SonOfEurope

Visceral fat is that round body style. A proportional layer of good fat can be beneficial Haidut's post study says, even life saving!

That all-around fat you're referring to is very natural of females due to the E2/P4 cycle, men naturally store fat in the mid section with more tendency for visceral fat and that pattern of fat storage is devastating.

Perhaps a man with a huge T production would store a bit more in the lower body as some T has to aromatize and in massive concentrations it opposes cortisol, but still men are much better off lean.

That all-around fat you're referring to is very natural of females due to the E2/P4 cycle, men naturally store fat in the mid section with more tendency for visceral fat and that pattern of fat storage is devastating.

Perhaps a man with a huge T production would store a bit more in the lower body as some T has to aromatize and in massive concentrations it opposes cortisol, but still men are much better off lean.
I think some belly fat in the stomach and hips can be healthy enough in a woman, who was referring more to the obvious bowling ball belly, that can be mistaken for a pregnancy. You are so right about men being better lean.