I think that day I took 3 drops.
Interesting. I am trying to do the 5 day brexanolone equivalent protocol to reset receptors after severe medication injury from the short term use / cold turkey of benzos (prescribed - never again will I take a pharmaceutical). This is 20 drops 5 times a day. So far, it's still quite mild. I think the brain has some natural stops on allo. I'm on day 2 and considering increasing the dose.

IhateFin

Interesting. I am trying to do the 5 day brexanolone equivalent protocol to reset receptors after severe medication injury from the short term use / cold turkey of benzos (prescribed - never again will I take a pharmaceutical). This is 20 drops 5 times a day. So far, it's still quite mild. I think the brain has some natural stops on allo. I'm on day 2 and considering increasing the dose.
Hmm I wonder what a dose like that would do for me. I may slowly titrate up at some point.

Hmm I wonder what a dose like that would do for me. I may slowly titrate up at some point.
There seems to be something about 5 days of supraphysiologic doses of allopregnanolone that resets the GABA system for many, though not all. I think it was 79% successful at treating post-partum depression and has helped people with severe seizures, though they seemed to have a dosing issue there. I am not sure how they decided on 5 days - maybe the treatment failures needed 10? Also, for some people, it seems like the taper was too fast. That said, despite the uncertainties, I need a reset of my system to live a normal life again (severe benzo injury - prescribed etc - 15 months ago). It does not really address the problems with the glutamate system that occur, but if I have a working GABA system, maybe the rest will heal. Who knows, we'll see. Day 3 today.

IhateFin

There seems to be something about 5 days of supraphysiologic doses of allopregnanolone that resets the GABA system for many, though not all. I think it was 79% successful at treating post-partum depression and has helped people with severe seizures, though they seemed to have a dosing issue there. I am not sure how they decided on 5 days - maybe the treatment failures needed 10? Also, for some people, it seems like the taper was too fast. That said, despite the uncertainties, I need a reset of my system to live a normal life again (severe benzo injury - prescribed etc - 15 months ago). It does not really address the problems with the glutamate system that occur, but if I have a working GABA system, maybe the rest will heal. Who knows, we'll see. Day 3 today.
Good luck! :) let me know how it goes.

I’m adding high dose vitex and mucuna to increase dopamine too with some shilajit for good measure. That plus plenty of vitamin D both topical and oral. So far mood is much more stable.

jslapkoff

Received my AlloP yesterday, took 5 drops orally at about 7pm and by 930pm I was fast asleep. My baseline onset of sleep time is usually around 11pm which is okay already but I have to admit, last night was the deepest sleep Ive gotten in a while. Im also noticing that Im tolerating my morning coffee much better, feeling focused and calm - Id normally feel somewhat of a surge of stress hormones right after drinking coffee. Thinking of dosing about 1-2mg per night moving forward as im afraid of any sort of possible dependence.

Received my AlloP yesterday, took 5 drops orally at about 7pm and by 930pm I was fast asleep. My baseline onset of sleep time is usually around 11pm which is okay already but I have to admit, last night was the deepest sleep Ive gotten in a while. Im also noticing that Im tolerating my morning coffee much better, feeling focused and calm - Id normally feel somewhat of a surge of stress hormones right after drinking coffee. Thinking of dosing about 1-2mg per night moving forward as im afraid of any sort of possible dependence.
Since allopregnanolone is naturally formed in the brain, true dependence is unlikely. However, if you are low and your brain isn't making it in adequate quantities, I do wonder if a kind of dependence develops where it is filling a need. I suspect that over time, the brain heals, and this need just decreases naturally, just like Peat discusses with progesterone. Women taking brexanolone take about 130mg a day for 5 days (titrating up then tapering down) and do not appear to have withdrawal or dependence (though this is only 5 days). Anyway, this is just a theory.

jslapkoff

Since allopregnanolone is naturally formed in the brain, true dependence is unlikely. However, if you are low and your brain isn't making it in adequate quantities, I do wonder if a kind of dependence develops where it is filling a need. I suspect that over time, the brain heals, and this need just decreases naturally, just like Peat discusses with progesterone. Women taking brexanolone take about 130mg a day for 5 days (titrating up then tapering down) and do not appear to have withdrawal or dependence (though this is only 5 days). Anyway, this is just a theory.
that does make sense, Im debating doing a short stint of both Ketamine and AlloP for a good reset but still trying to work that out in my free time with the intention of really re-setting the brain and improving metabolism along with calorically supporting the processes - what was the conclusion of your 5 day trial, mind sharing ?

that does make sense, Im debating doing a short stint of both Ketamine and AlloP for a good reset but still trying to work that out in my free time with the intention of really re-setting the brain and improving metabolism along with calorically supporting the processes - what was the conclusion of your 5 day trial, mind sharing ?
I'll make an official post eventually, but I do feel that it is resetting my brain. I have only occasional anxiety now rather than debilitating all-consuming anxiety. My mind feels more clear, and I feel more motivated. I had a long period of brain over-excitation, and that's a long story, but I left it for so long that I suspect I will need to repeat this monthly for a while. I am also tapering pregabalin, which reduced neural excitation but at a cost. It is a drug that some can taper in weeks, but for me, it will likely take a year. So, monthly resets will help with that. Anyway, overall, I would say it is incredibly useful. For me, I ended up changing from AlloP to just using very high dose progesterone, because I wanted the voltage gated calcium channel blocking aspects of progesterone as well as the GABAergic and growth factor aspects of allopregnanolone. I have a lot of faith that this will, in fact, remodel my brain and restore it or even improve it. For me, it's about patience at this point, and faith in the science. I've gone over a fair bit, resulting in a lot of sedation, and under a few times too. So, I'm still working out how to do this and still function. I guess that's why they do brexanolone in the hospital - I can imagine the sedation of IV allo could be quite debilitating (temporarily but significantly).

jslapkoff

I'll make an official post eventually, but I do feel that it is resetting my brain. I have only occasional anxiety now rather than debilitating all-consuming anxiety. My mind feels more clear, and I feel more motivated. I had a long period of brain over-excitation, and that's a long story, but I left it for so long that I suspect I will need to repeat this monthly for a while. I am also tapering pregabalin, which reduced neural excitation but at a cost. It is a drug that some can taper in weeks, but for me, it will likely take a year. So, monthly resets will help with that. Anyway, overall, I would say it is incredibly useful. For me, I ended up changing from AlloP to just using very high dose progesterone, because I wanted the voltage gated calcium channel blocking aspects of progesterone as well as the GABAergic and growth factor aspects of allopregnanolone. I have a lot of faith that this will, in fact, remodel my brain and restore it or even improve it. For me, it's about patience at this point, and faith in the science. I've gone over a fair bit, resulting in a lot of sedation, and under a few times too. So, I'm still working out how to do this and still function. I guess that's why they do brexanolone in the hospital - I can imagine the sedation of IV allo could be quite debilitating (temporarily but significantly).
Amazing to hear - I am also recovering from a long period of overexcitation (post concussive syndrome) for several years now. Im excited to make further strides in my recovery with AlloP and will need to look into progesterone as well. I do think I am on the right track - today marks day 3 of AlloP, will go ahead with 2mg nightly for now as it does feel strongly sedating at this dose. Did experience severe headaches today with some lack of focus analogous to coffee cessation (while still tolerating 2 cups of coffee just fine with no stress response) which tells me Im reducing overexcitation specifically in my brain for once over all these years. I did maintain the positive effects in mood and a certain calmness with an uptick in joy and desire for life which was quite interesting. I look forward to your longer post once its done.

Pointless

This makes me sleepy at night but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and need sugar. Mildly dopaminergic. Might be a cure for premature ejaculation, which would explain why SSRI's help with this issue

Amazing to hear - I am also recovering from a long period of overexcitation (post concussive syndrome) for several years now. Im excited to make further strides in my recovery with AlloP and will need to look into progesterone as well. I do think I am on the right track - today marks day 3 of AlloP, will go ahead with 2mg nightly for now as it does feel strongly sedating at this dose. Did experience severe headaches today with some lack of focus analogous to coffee cessation (while still tolerating 2 cups of coffee just fine with no stress response) which tells me Im reducing overexcitation specifically in my brain for once over all these years. I did maintain the positive effects in mood and a certain calmness with an uptick in joy and desire for life which was quite interesting. I look forward to your longer post once its done.
After a lot of experimentation and many bottles of alloP including really high doses, nothing compares to plan old progesterone conversion to allo. It is 100x stronger. I did like the 5alpha DHP better. I realize the science points it not working better, but sometimes there are unexpected things that happen. In this case, AlloP is out for me Any response was placebo, compared to the dramatic response from actual progesterone / allo which can act like a strong sedative.

Dehdly

I have Post Finasteride Syndrome and currently suffer with:

-Increased abdominal fat
-Bad sleep (undereye bags)
-Stiff/painful joints
-Cognitive issues (not be able to find certain words)
-General tiredness

Recently just taken Magnesium (150mg), Zinc (10mg), Vitamin B6 (3.7mg) and Copper (200ug) - but its really disrupted my sleep, made me feel immensely tired throughout the day. I feel that the journey back to normality for me is upregulating 5aR activity so my normal hormonal profile can return naturally, however i'm unsure on the best way to do this.

HCG returned me to 80% of what I was, but I want the extra 20%. I have ordered Pansterone, Glycine and Taurine but i'm wondering if it might be best to up regulate 5aR activity through AlloP?

With the Pansterone, i'm thinking of increasing all hormones across the board however as Progesterone is the prioritised pathway for Pregnenalone when combined with DHEA, I might get more natural levels of AlloP anyway? Although if I dont have any 5aR activity .. maybe I wont?

Looking for some advice from some of the more experienced people on this forum to help guide me here.

Thanks

opethfeldt

I have Post Finasteride Syndrome and currently suffer with:

-Increased abdominal fat
-Bad sleep (undereye bags)
-Stiff/painful joints
-Cognitive issues (not be able to find certain words)
-General tiredness

Recently just taken Magnesium (150mg), Zinc (10mg), Vitamin B6 (3.7mg) and Copper (200ug) - but its really disrupted my sleep, made me feel immensely tired throughout the day. I feel that the journey back to normality for me is upregulating 5aR activity so my normal hormonal profile can return naturally, however i'm unsure on the best way to do this.

HCG returned me to 80% of what I was, but I want the extra 20%. I have ordered Pansterone, Glycine and Taurine but i'm wondering if it might be best to up regulate 5aR activity through AlloP?

With the Pansterone, i'm thinking of increasing all hormones across the board however as Progesterone is the prioritised pathway for Pregnenalone when combined with DHEA, I might get more natural levels of AlloP anyway? Although if I dont have any 5aR activity .. maybe I wont?

Looking for some advice from some of the more experienced people on this forum to help guide me here.

Thanks
Allopreg isn't really that effective as a 5ar promoter. It's formed through the action of 5ar type 1 and not type 2, as well. You likely need type 2. I have similar 5ar issues (though not full blown PFS) and find DHEA to be the best option. Pregnenolone doesn't work well for me unless applied to the scrotum with DHEA. Now, that's not to say Allopreg won't benefit you at all. You probably have low levels of it as well and it's important for mood, sleep and stress, so I wouldn't necessarily advise against it. I just don't think it will solve your underlying problem. If you have bad PFS, I'd recommend reading through the various threads about it here. Lots of good info.

Dehdly

Allopreg isn't really that effective as a 5ar promoter. It's formed through the action of 5ar type 1 and not type 2, as well. You likely need type 2. I have similar 5ar issues (though not full blown PFS) and find DHEA to be the best option. Pregnenolone doesn't work well for me unless applied to the scrotum with DHEA. Now, that's not to say Allopreg won't benefit you at all. You probably have low levels of it as well and it's important for mood, sleep and stress, so I wouldn't necessarily advise against it. I just don't think it will solve your underlying problem. If you have bad PFS, I'd recommend reading through the various threads about it here. Lots of good info.
Here's where my knowledge breaks down, I don't understand how supplying the parent hormone (in this case DHEA) will kickstart a positive feedback loop for 5ar enzyme creation. If I take DHEA, but I have low levels of 5ar because of PFS, then wont it just metabolise down different pathways like testosterone but then fail to metabolise into DHT. Equally if you take too much DHEA it metabolises to Estrogen which is even more unwanted.

I'm going to be taking Pansterone which (as i'm sure you know) is an equal weighting of both Pregnenolone and DHEA, however again those hormones are just going to metabolise down different paths as 5ar enzymes either aren't available, probably because the SRD5A2 gene isn't correctly expressing genetic instructions so as to create 5ar type 2 enzymes.

opethfeldt

Here's where my knowledge breaks down, I don't understand how supplying the parent hormone (in this case DHEA) will kickstart a positive feedback loop for 5ar enzyme creation. If I take DHEA, but I have low levels of 5ar because of PFS, then wont it just metabolise down different pathways like testosterone but then fail to metabolise into DHT. Equally if you take too much DHEA it metabolises to Estrogen which is even more unwanted.

I'm going to be taking Pansterone which (as i'm sure you know) is an equal weighting of both Pregnenolone and DHEA, however again those hormones are just going to metabolise down different paths as 5ar enzymes either aren't available, probably because the SRD5A2 gene isn't correctly expressing genetic instructions so as to create 5ar type 2 enzymes.
Unless your 5ar expression is completely absent, which is next to impossible, some DHEA will always convert to DHT, especially if applied topically and in areas with low aromatase expression. I find the back of my hands to be the best area. Low body fat means low aromatase. DHEA itself will do a good job promoting 5ar and then as time goes by, DHT itself will also increase expression of the enzyme. As long as nothing happens to disrupt this process, like prolactin or estrogen going high, it should improve more and more over time. Of course, this may not work for everyone with PFS, which is why I recommended to check out those threads, especially if DHEA gives you negative results. I'm not a PFS expert by any means.

Dehdly

Unless your 5ar expression is completely absent, which is next to impossible, some DHEA will always convert to DHT, especially if applied topically and in areas with low aromatase expression. I find the back of my hands to be the best area. Low body fat means low aromatase. DHEA itself will do a good job promoting 5ar and then as time goes by, DHT itself will also increase expression of the enzyme. As long as nothing happens to disrupt this process, like prolactin or estrogen going high, it should improve more and more over time. Of course, this may not work for everyone with PFS, which is why I recommended to check out those threads, especially if DHEA gives you negative results. I'm not a PFS expert by any means.
@haidut - sorry to blindly call upon your knowledge here, but does this sound like a feasible route out of PFS?

Sorry to call what you're saying into question here opethfeldt, but it just seems a bit too simple of a solution. Essentially supplementing with DHEA to increase 5ar expression but a low enough dose not to metabolise down the Estrogen pathway and its essentially a cure for PFS.

I really REALLY want it to be that simple, but as you said some people get negative side effects from DHEA. I wonder if DHEA raises different types of 5ar in different people. I'm going to be taking Pansterone shortly and i'm wondering if that will have the same effect as just taking DHEA on its own.

NewACC

@haidut Hello, should I expect androgenic effects of 5a-dhp at ~100mg allopregnanolone? Is this dose safe? Will such a dose have an excessive sedative effect?

MOUNTAINBEAR

hello so I still have that strong surge in mood and libido from taking one drop of 11 keto DHT on the navel with 10 drops of alloP orally. Like I see situations as sexual that I never did before. Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone have an explanation for this? This has happened every time. I do not do it regularly. As it seems too good to be true. My sex drive is usually quite low and I probably have high prolactin as my refractory period is long

MOUNTAINBEAR

I have been taking Allop (5 drops, oral) and today I used 4 drops 11k-DHT which had not been on my regime in a bit. I honestly can say that today was the only time taking 11k-DHT feeling the effects of this compound, which was harder abdominal muscles. @haidut You think there is some synergy or I wonder if allopregnanolone is freeing up enzymes to use 11k-DHT?
when I take 11 keto DHT just one drop on the navel and about 10 drops of alloP, I get very horny. I did not check my muscles, but there is something going on there.

Jocko

My rat has been using 5mg of alloP at morning and 5mg at night sublingual for a week with no effects so far. It gets a much higher gabaergic effect from magnesium instead for example. What should I expect?