haidut

Forum Supporter
Just a quick announcement that we have replaced the 5α-DHP in our store with allopregnanolone. The main reason for switching over to allopregnanolone is that we always wanted to provide that steroid right from the start, however we could not find a lab willing to synthesize it. Thus, 5α-DHP (being a direct precursor to allopregnanolone) was the most feasible option until we could find a source of allopregnanolone. Well, now we have it and as such we will no longer be selling the 5α-DHP. As far as allopregnanolone - I don't think this steroid needs much introduction around here, but many of its mechanisms/targets overlap with those of 5α-DHP. As such, scrolling through the thread for 5α-DHP would probably be a good idea for those who need more information. In addition, studies show that about 30%-40% of allopregnanolone converts back into 5α-DHP, so allopregnanolone can backfill the 5α-DHP pool, if needed.

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate or suggest optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BlueSky, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
http://www.idealabsdc.com/lab

Allopregnanolone is a metabolite of progesterone through the action of the enzymes 5α-reductase (5-AR) and 3α-HSD. Unlike progesterone and 5α-DHP, it is NOT an agonist of the progesterone receptor (PR). However, like progesterone and 5α-DHP, it is an agonist of the GABA receptor and is perhaps the most potent endogenous GABA agonist. Due to its 5-AR derived nature allopregnanolone can serve as a precursor to androgens such as DHT, androstanedione, and androsterone through a recently discovered alternative pathway. Allopregnanolone levels drop in cases of severely downregulated 5-AR activity due to stress, PUFA overload, chronic disease, aging, and administration of 5-AR like finasteride or dutasteride (i.e. the (in)famous Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS)).

Drops per container: about 250
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Allopregnanolone: 1 mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:

Last edited:

Mauritio

Finally a new idealabs product ?

Do you notice any subjective differences from allopregnanolone vs. 5aDHP ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Finally a new idealabs product ?

Do you notice any subjective differences from allopregnanolone vs. 5aDHP ?

Much stronger calming effects. Stronger mood lifting too, and no agitation/restlessness at higher doses, which 5a-DHP sometimes gave me when used in doses of higher than 10mg daily for a few days in a row.

dukesbobby777

Much stronger calming effects. Stronger mood lifting too, and no agitation/restlessness at higher doses, which 5a-DHP sometimes gave me when used in doses of higher than 10mg daily for a few days in a row.

With the AlloP, what dosages did you experiment with, chief?

Dhair

Thanks for doing this, Georgi. I thought you had decided against offering allopreg because it was cost prohibitive? Has that changed?
Any negative libido effects?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
With the AlloP, what dosages did you experiment with, chief?

Even on very stressful days, 10mg was pretty potent. I tried using for several weeks in a row and 5mg-8mg felt "right", depending on the day. More than that was too sedating.

Mauritio

Cool , would it have the same anti-estrogen ,anti-prolactin and pro-dopamine effects as 5aDHP?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for doing this, Georgi. I thought you had decided against offering allopreg because it was cost prohibitive? Has that changed?
Any negative libido effects?

No negative libido effects, at least for me. Yes, the cost was prohibitive when trying to buy it from the vendors that had it available a few years ago. So, we kept searching for a lab willing to do custom synthesis for us and finally found one.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Cool , would it have the same anti-estrogen ,anti-prolactin and pro-dopamine effects as 5aDHP?

Studies show that it does seem to have those effects.

Mauritio

Studies show that it does seem to have those effects.
Nice , I ordered :)
also asked Peat what he thinks about direct allopregnanolone supplementation. I guess his answer will be:" just supplement progesterone or pregnenolone" , but we will see ...

Infinite

I'm a week too late, just ordered some products last week! Excited to try this as i've had good success with micro doses of Prozac.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Cinanserin soon?

Hopefully, keeping fingers crossed the group of chemists I do studies with will find an efficient synthesis route. No commercial lab lab we contacted has been willing to synthesize it and we asked at least 40 different ones. We may release another product before cinanserin - i.e. a phytoandrogen known as Drupanol - as it is easier to synthesize apparently.

Dimibo

@haidut
I am very late to the game and am trying to learn a lot. I ordered 5a-DHP already and want to know if there is any reason 5a-DHP could be better or if it is inferior in all ways. Thank you!

Ras

Just a quick announcement that we have replaced the 5α-DHP in our store with allopregnanolone. The main reason for switching over to allopregnanolone is that we always wanted to provide that steroid right from the start, however we could not find a lab willing to synthesize it. Thus, 5α-DHP (being a direct precursor to allopregnanolone) was the most feasible option until we could find a source of allopregnanolone. Well, now we have it and as such we will no longer be selling the 5α-DHP. As far as allopregnanolone - I don't think this steroid needs much introduction around here, but many of its mechanisms/targets overlap with those of 5α-DHP. As such, scrolling through the thread for 5α-DHP would probably be a good idea for those who need more information. In addition, studies show that about 30%-40% of allopregnanolone converts back into 5α-DHP, so allopregnanolone can backfill the 5α-DHP pool, if needed.

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate or suggest optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BlueSky, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:

Allopregnanolone is a metabolite of progesterone through the action of the enzymes 5α-reductase (5-AR) and 3α-HSD. Unlike progesterone and 5α-DHP, it is NOT an agonist of the progesterone receptor (PR). However, like progesterone and 5α-DHP, it is an agonist of the GABA receptor and is perhaps the most potent endogenous GABA agonist. Due to its 5-AR derived nature allopregnanolone can serve as a precursor to androgens such as DHT, androstanedione, and androsterone through a recently discovered alternative pathway. Allopregnanolone levels drop in cases of severely downregulated 5-AR activity due to stress, PUFA overload, chronic disease, and administration of 5-AR like finasteride or dutasteride (i.e. the (in)famous Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS)).

References:
What lab do you use to test the purity of your product after it has been synthesized?

equipoise

Amazing work Georgi. I'm a sucker for any GABA agonists as they tend to feel most androgenic to me. The sedation is easily taken care off with higher doses of caffeine and at the same time makes caffeine bit easier to handle. AlloP looks very promising, now the only thing left to do is to try it out! Much obliged

Mauritio

As it seems allopregnanolone also has strong thyroid boosting effects ,aside from its anti-stress actions .
It agonizes the bile a of receptor TGR5 ,which increases energy expenditure, mostly via increasing T4 to T3 conversion .
I just dont know how much mg is needed to achieve micromolar concentrations of allopregnanolone.

"As shown in the present study, TGR5 is also expressed in astrocytes and neurons. Here, TGR5 may act as a neurosteroid receptor, which is activated by nanomolar concentrations of 5β-pregnan-3α-ol-20-one and micromolar concentrations of 5β-pregnan-3α-17α-21-triol-20-one and 5α-pregnan-3α-ol-20-one (allopregnanolone).

katiekeen

Allopregnanolone is a metabolite of progesterone through the action of the enzymes 5α-reductase (5-AR) and 3α-HSD. Unlike progesterone and 5α-DHP, it is NOT an agonist of the progesterone receptor (PR). However, like progesterone and 5α-DHP, it is an agonist of the GABA receptor and is perhaps the most potent endogenous GABA agonist. Due to its 5-AR derived nature allopregnanolone can serve as a precursor to androgens such as DHT, androstanedione, and androsterone through a recently discovered alternative pathway. Allopregnanolone levels drop in cases of severely downregulated 5-AR activity due to stress, PUFA overload, chronic disease, and administration of 5-AR like finasteride or dutasteride (i.e. the (in)famous Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS)).

References:
When checking out, other ingredients include OA. What is OA? Thanks!

equipoise

As it seems allopregnanolone also has strong thyroid boosting effects ,aside from its anti-stress actions .
It agonizes the bile a of receptor TGR5 ,which increases energy expenditure, mostly via increasing T4 to T3 conversion .
I just dont know how much mg is needed to achieve micromolar concentrations of allopregnanolone.

"As shown in the present study, TGR5 is also expressed in astrocytes and neurons. Here, TGR5 may act as a neurosteroid receptor, which is activated by nanomolar concentrations of 5β-pregnan-3α-ol-20-one and micromolar concentrations of 5β-pregnan-3α-17α-21-triol-20-one and 5α-pregnan-3α-ol-20-one (allopregnanolone).

Lovely