Charger

Applied 1mg topically and 1mg orally yesterday afternoon, didn't notice anything too profound but I've been regularly using androsterone, pansterone, and other cortisol-lowering supplements, so I'm assuming I'm pretty good on the GABA front already.

Positive feedback loop. That's the whole idea of using bio identical progesterone for treatment of benzodiazepine withdrawal / glutamate storm.
Allopregnanolone is a bio identical hormone, and as such (in physiological doses) has mechanisms that prevent dependence and witihdrawal from it.

The main thing is the strength of a substance, and benzos lacking any positive feedback loop AFAIK. Thus tolerance settles in fairly fast and a 3 week course of 10mg diazepam or 0,5mg of alprazolam can leave you with rebound anxiety, insomnia, restlessness. Not to mention, aside from the fact they're anti serotonin agents, there's no health benefits to benzodiazepines. They lower your pulse rate, lower your metabolism, make you unnecessary reckless, dull your inhibitions, numb your mind and basically any original anti serotonin mechanism is replaced by a state of high serotonin in the next few days from the original dose.

Just no comparison to the likes of Progesterone with its thyroid mimetic effects and basic anti-stress effects it showcases. You should be quite safe with bio-identical hormones, given you respect them and don't overdo them.
Thanks for the detailed answer, very interesting. I never felt any effects from progesterone, even when trying up to 100mg doses. Do you think allopregnanolone has the potential to have some beneficial effects in such a scenario?

Dr. B

Well, we are not allowed to sell it as a supplement. We are selling it as a lab chemical, in solution, similar to the other chemical companies that I listed earlier in the thread. What is unique in our product, is the solvent (tocoherols, fats). Most other companies sell it as either solid/crystals, or dissolved in ethanol, DMSO, etc.
couldnt the tocopherols/mct oil type solvents, despite being safer than dmso, more beneficial than ethanol, those could possibly cause a different effect which people may subscribe to the chemical but instead could be a reaction to the solvent. for example, i think tocopherols, often from soy or wheat germ, could cause effects in some people, and same with MCT, could cause an effect in people with coconut issues.

Positive feedback loop. That's the whole idea of using bio identical progesterone for treatment of benzodiazepine withdrawal / glutamate storm.
Allopregnanolone is a bio identical hormone, and as such (in physiological doses) has mechanisms that prevent dependence and witihdrawal from it.

The main thing is the strength of a substance, and benzos lacking any positive feedback loop AFAIK. Thus tolerance settles in fairly fast and a 3 week course of 10mg diazepam or 0,5mg of alprazolam can leave you with rebound anxiety, insomnia, restlessness. Not to mention, aside from the fact they're anti serotonin agents, there's no health benefits to benzodiazepines. They lower your pulse rate, lower your metabolism, make you unnecessary reckless, dull your inhibitions, numb your mind and basically any original anti serotonin mechanism is replaced by a state of high serotonin in the next few days from the original dose.

Just no comparison to the likes of Progesterone with its thyroid mimetic effects and basic anti-stress effects it showcases. You should be quite safe with bio-identical hormones, given you respect them and don't overdo them.

just random but some posts on here said black seed oil/nigella sativa seed oil had benzo like effects?

equipoise

Thanks for the detailed answer, very interesting. I never felt any effects from progesterone, even when trying up to 100mg doses. Do you think allopregnanolone has the potential to have some beneficial effects in such a scenario?
Absolutely. I'm in the process of ordering some AlloP and will update this thread once I get it. I genuinely think every molecule offers something different to it, having ingested over 100 (hundred) substances in my life, I can attest to the fact that each and every had a different feeling to it. I could be a hyper responder, or it's just the way I'm wired. Having used 100mg of progesterone in a single dose, I definitely felt it! Strong sedation ensued. No harm in trying AlloP really, I'm very interested in it's gaba mimetic effect, I think it could serve as a really good anti depressive tool and pseudo-benzodiazepine drug that actually helps the body. A sibling of P4 if you will.

Mauritio

Absolutely. I'm in the process of ordering some AlloP and will update this thread once I get it. I genuinely think every molecule offers something different to it, having ingested over 100 (hundred) substances in my life, I can attest to the fact that each and every had a different feeling to it. I could be a hyper responder, or it's just the way I'm wired. Having used 100mg of progesterone in a single dose, I definitely felt it! Strong sedation ensued. No harm in trying AlloP really, I'm very interested in it's gaba mimetic effect, I think it could serve as a really good anti depressive tool and pseudo-benzodiazepine drug that actually helps the body. A sibling of P4 if you will.
I second that . I often felt like I know how I will react to a certain substance ,based on their supposed attributes or chemical structures. But at the end experimentation really IS the only true method of knowledge .
Plus if you have problems with 5alpha reductase you wont get a good allo increase even with high doses of progesterone .

golder

I second that . I often felt like I know how I will react to a certain substance ,based on their supposed attributes or chemical structures. But at the end experimentation really IS the only true method of knowledge .
Plus if you have problems with 5alpha reductase you wont get a good allo increase even with high doses of progesterone .
Wise words. What are the typical reasons that people would have low 5alpha reductase (who haven’t taken finasteride). Thanks!

Mauritio

Wise words. What are the typical reasons that people would have low 5alpha reductase (who haven’t taken finasteride). Thanks!
I'd say the typical suspects: excessive serotonin , estrogen, etc.

Dr. B

probably stress, cortisol, something going on in the body where its not prioritizing reproductive hormones anymore... poor metabolism basically

Dhair

I've been taking this up to 7 drops per day since I received it Friday. No noticeable effect at all. I'm not really surprised because I don't respond to any hormonal interventions anymore. I have high cortisol as confirmed by labs, 22mcg/dl (test taken early afternoon). This might be affecting my response, but I have no idea. I also have PFS, and I reacted badly to 5a-DHP. Thanks for making AlloP available anyway.

Last edited:

golder

I'm slowly getting the impression that this is going to take high doses in order to have any discernable mood enhancement - this will potentially make it unsustainable/uneconomical. I'm hoping to be proved wrong with some more reports.

Dr. B

I've been taking this up to 7 drops per day since I received it Friday. No noticeable affect at all. I'm not really surprised because I don't respond to any hormonal interventions anymore. I have high cortisol as confirmed by labs, 22mcg/dl (test taken early afternoon). This might be affecting my response, but I have no idea. I also have PFS, and I reacted badly to 5a-DHP. Thanks for making AlloP available anyway.
what was the issue with 5a dhp?

Dhair

what was the issue with 5a dhp?
It gave me a strange feeling in my head when I first started taking it, but nothing like what most people describe. Then after several days of using up to 10 drops I started to go completely off the rails mentally. Intrusive suicidal thoughts, severe agitation, difficulty falling asleep, etc. Things went back to normal when I stopped taking it.
A lot of the positive feelings people described with 5a-DHP were things I experienced with pregnenolone. The mood lifting/mild euphoria and anxiolytic effects. However, I haven't been able to feel anything from taking pregnenolone (transdermal or oral) for years now.

There is suggestion in the medical literature that for neurosteroid-increasing SSRIs (Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, etc), much of the fast-acting results are due to the rise of allopregnanolone, with CSF studies demonstrating this increase. Therefore, the normalization of allopregnanolone could be life changing. Although small amounts of an SSRI may work (based on mouse studies of fluoxetine), it would be preferable not to have to take an SSRI at all, as even small amounts can raise serotonin per binding studies. In addition, if one has any impairment of 3 alpha HSD, the SSRI may not work well.

My question for using this new oral allopreganolone is:
1) how to restore levels without going too high (or low, since some studies suggest that "medium" allopregnanolone can cause dysphoria)
2) once levels are restored, is there evidence that the system undergoes repair such that the supplement is no longer needed over time. That is, if depression, anxiety, brain injury is healed, will allopregnanolone maintain itself in a newly repaired system
3) how to avoid tolerance (there are studies showing that allopregnanolone can induce tolerance but it seems levels much be very high
4) will this need to be tapered to avoid withdrawal (such as in progesterone withdrawal for some women aka PMS, or many animal studies showing the same)

I am excited to receive mine - due to arrive Friday and will report back results.

brix

I started with 5 drops per day last night. WIll report back in a few days. Taking no other supplements

Mauritio

@haidut can we dilute this in MCT oil?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals