AlloP is helping a lot with anxiety and mood! Can I replicate this without it? Would it be sustainable long term?

TMCMac

I have struggled with a lot of anxiety and mood lately as I work 70 hours and I got Georgis AlloP and its helped a lot with mood and Ive noticed it increases my wanting to socialize it comes so much more natural.

I take 4-8mg allop for the past week. I also pair it with metergoline 4mg.

I know these arent sustainable long term, but would there be a more sustainable way of keeping allop higher? I work as a trucker so Im isolated a lot and allop has helped. I am aware caffeine and socializing increases allop. Any other ways? And would there be negative side effects from taking it daily for long periods? Can this be replicated with pregnenelone?

opethfeldt

Besides having a good social circle, which is obviously easier said than done to achieve, I've found binaurals to be very helpful for this. The best part is they're free, so even if you lose access to supplements, you still have a tool to help you. It may seem rather unbelievable that a simple audio could help but they do seem to work for me and a lot of other people as well. This is the audio I personally use:

View: https://youtu.be/qPSErIuVN-c

xetawaves

Why would it not be sustainable long term? People take pregnenolone and progesterone supplements for years, and a percentage of that converts to allopregnanolone. Also, SSRIs increase allopregnanolone substantially and I know people that have been taking one for 20+ years. Still works for them. I've been taking 2mgs of AlloP per day for a couple months. No tolerance increase. No withdrawals when I miss a few days. Still works the same as day one. Allopregnanolone has been a miracle for me. My anxiety is gone. Depression is gone. Brain fog gone. Social skills and motivation have increased 10-fold. Memory is better than it's ever been. I've spent 15 years and thousands of dollars on supplements trying to find what allopregnanolone does for me. I also took 100mgs of pregnenolone every day for roughly a year, and had the same effects, but other downstream hormones were getting too high I think. Pure allopregnanolone is better for me. It has changed my life.

Last edited:

dukesbobby777

Why would it not be sustainable long term? People take pregnenolone and progesterone supplements for years, and a percentage of that converts to allopregnanolone. Also, SSRIs increase allopregnanolone substantially and I know people that have been taking one for 20+ years. Still works for them. I've been taking 2mgs of AlloP per day for a couple months. No tolerance increase. No withdrawals when I miss a few days. Still works the same as day one. Allopregnanolone has been a miracle for me. My anxiety is gone. Depression is gone. Brain fog gone. Social skills and motivation have increased 10-fold. Memory is better than it's ever been. I've spent 15 years and thousands of dollars on supplements trying to find what allopregnanolone does for me. I also took 100mgs of pregnenolone every day for roughly a year, and had the same effects, but other downstream hormones were getting too high I think. Pure allopregnanolone is better for me. It has changed my life.

Good for you. I notice next to nothing from it. My levels must already be good.

xetawaves

Good for you. I notice next to nothing from it. My levels must already be good.
It is weird how some people feel nothing. Try taking it alongside niacinamide. They seem to potentiate each other. Obliterates my anxiety. Do you have any anxiety/mood disorders?

Diogo

Hello @xetawaves! Some people report increased focus while taking Pregnenolone, was the same for you?

If yes, how would you describe the actual difference between the before and the after taking it?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
So, did you stop all idealabs hormones, and now just do allo?

Do you take it orally ?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I have read there that Allopregnanolone can cause anxiety in low doses.

Did you ever find that to be true, TMCMac or xetawaves?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I have struggled with a lot of anxiety and mood lately as I work 70 hours and I got Georgis AlloP and its helped a lot with mood and Ive noticed it increases my wanting to socialize it comes so much more natural.

I take 4-8mg allop for the past week. I also pair it with metergoline 4mg.

I know these arent sustainable long term, but would there be a more sustainable way of keeping allop higher? I work as a trucker so Im isolated a lot and allop has helped. I am aware caffeine and socializing increases allop. Any other ways? And would there be negative side effects from taking it daily for long periods? Can this be replicated with pregnenelone?
Do you take it orally or topically?

xetawaves

I have read there that Allopregnanolone can cause anxiety in low doses.

Did you ever find that to be true, TMCMac or xetawaves?
Allopregnanolone has never caused anxiety for me. I’m not even sure how that would be possible. DHEA is the only thing I’ve tried that gives me profound anxiety. I think it increases glutamate. I don’t touch the stuff anymore.

Can you quote the comment saying that? I can’t find it.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Allopregnanolone has never caused anxiety for me. I’m not even sure how that would be possible. DHEA is the only thing I’ve tried that gives me profound anxiety. I think it increases glutamate. I don’t touch the stuff anymore.

Can you quote the comment saying that? I can’t find it.
Here:

xetawaves

Here:
That comment is regarding Pansterone. Pansterone contains DHEA which likely explains the anxiety.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
That comment is regarding Pansterone. Pansterone contains DHEA which likely explains the anxiety.
Haidut says:
Allopregnanolone, which is also a potent GABA agonist and a 5-AR derived steroid similar to androsterone can also cause anxiety in low doses even though it is anxiolytic in higher doses.

xetawaves

Haidut says:
Allopregnanolone, which is also a potent GABA agonist and a 5-AR derived steroid similar to androsterone can also cause anxiety in low doses even though it is anxiolytic in higher doses.
I was reading the previous comment, my bad. Nope has never caused anxiety for me. I’ve researched Allo a lot and I’ve never read a single account of someone experiencing anxiety from it. I’m not even sure how a GABA agonist could even do that.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I was reading the previous comment, my bad. Nope has never caused anxiety for me. I’ve researched Allo a lot and I’ve never read a single account of someone experiencing anxiety from it. I’m not even sure how a GABA agonist could even do that.
Have you ever found a comment from haidut or anyone here saying what the "physiological" daily dose of allop is?
That is, how much does a healthy young man or woman make each day?

xetawaves

Have you ever found a comment from haidut or anyone here saying what the "physiological" daily dose of allop is?
That is, how much does a healthy young man or woman make each day?
There’s not a ton of research on Allo, although it does seem it’s being studied more nowadays. This might help:

Allopregnanolone has also shown to decrease in men with age. If you’re worried about taking it and increasing your serum Allo to supraphysiological amounts, that’s probably not going to happen unless you’re mega dosing everyday. It has a low oral bio-availability. Small increases in Allo go a long way. It’s a powerful neurosteroid.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
There’s not a ton of research on Allo, although it does seem it’s being studied more nowadays. This might help:

Allopregnanolone has also shown to decrease in men with age. If you’re worried about taking it and increasing your serum Allo to supraphysiological amounts, that’s probably not going to happen unless you’re mega dosing everyday. It has a low oral bio-availability. Small increases in Allo go a long way. It’s a powerful neurosteroid.
Thanks.
Yes, I am older, and a PFS survivor, so it would be nice to know how much my body is "lacking" in daily allop production.
I take 1 drop of Andro with 1 drop of allop 3x a day.
It seems to help, but I have no idea what I "should be taking" for allop.
I see that haidut says that 10 drops a day is the daily physiological daily dose for andro.

xetawaves

Thanks.
Yes, I am older, and a PFS survivor, so it would be nice to know how much my body is "lacking" in daily allop production.
I take 1 drop of Andro with 1 drop of allop 3x a day.
It seems to help, but I have no idea what I "should be taking" for allop.
I see that haidut says that 10 drops a day is the daily physiological daily dose for andro.
Can you give some insight on dosing @haidut
I’m also curious. 2-3mgs per day seems to work great for me, but I don’t have PFS. I take 8-10mgs if I’m going to be in a stressful situation.

Back
Top Bottom