Allithiamine increases physical performance 7-fold, increases glycogen storage and glucose utilization

Mauritio

Interesting study.
I think it's widely known that vitamin B1 increases glucose metabolism , and it does so partly because it increases glycogen storage . So theres no/ less need for cortisol to kick in during a workout .
And as you can see In the figure below glucose utilization only increases during exercise. Which is good, as during rest muscles are supposed to burn fat . And the longer you can use glucose during exercise for energy , the better .

1613503567649.png

Glycogen storage in liver increased about 20-40% depending on the dosage .
1613503661297.png

The most interesting part is that they performed the forced swimming test on those mice and on the highest dosage the swimming time increased more than 7-fold !
Even on the lowest dose the time still increased more than 5-fold .

The HED of the lowest dose was about 350mg and the highest about 3,5g .
But given that the performance of the lowest dose was not that different from the highest , the lowest dose should still be quite powerful and is achievable much more easily in.

"The TTFD supplementation groups (TTFD-1X, TTFD-2X, and TTFD-5X) were significantly higher than the vehicle group showing a 5.4-, 6.4-, and 7.6-fold increase and demonstrated significant dose-dependent effects"

The control group lasted about 7 minutes in water, while the allithiamine group lasted about 60 minutes.
1613504170125.png

Ismail

Amazing! Thank you for posting this.
Are you taking B1 at the moment? If so, how have you found it? And which brand are you using? Thanks buddy.

Beastmode

I've heard of people who use it in their workout drink and claim that it helps.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Amazing! Thank you for posting this.
Are you taking B1 at the moment? If so, how have you found it? And which brand are you using? Thanks buddy.
Yeah I do use it from time to time . But I'm not sure what are the often cited cofactors.
I do feel like having a better metabolism, lower estrogen higher testosterone.
There was a thread about a group buy not too long ago . Since theres not many clean manufacturer...

Ismail

Yeah I do use it from time to time . But I'm not sure what are the often cited cofactors.
I do feel like having a better metabolism, lower estrogen higher testosterone.
There was a thread about a group buy not too long ago . Since theres not many clean manufacturer...

Oh ok, good know, I'll have a search to see where in the forum that thread may be.

This is the same type of the B1 you speak about above right buddy?:

It's by Lokzo (from this forum).

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Oh ok, good know, I'll have a search to see where in the forum that thread may be.

This is the same type of the B1 you speak about above right buddy?:

It's by Lokzo (from this forum).

Yes I think that's it .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Here's a singular study showing allithiamine increases weighted swimming time by 1,7fold . Increases thiamine and metabolites in several organs and cuts the reduction of ATP post exercise in half .

Screenshot_20211010-145119_Drive.jpg

"...however, the swimming duration of the
rats injected with TTFD for 5 days was significantly longer than that of the control group (1.7-fold compared to control;P b .05; Fig. 1)."

Screenshot_20211010-145857_Drive.jpg

"Concentrations of thiamine, TMP and TPP
were higher in most of the organs from the rats given TTFD compared to those given thiamine. Thiamine increased TMP (1.3-fold compared to control; P b .05) and TPP (1.7-fold compared to control, P b .01) levels in the skeletal muscle whereas, TTFD increased thiamine (4.0-fold compared to control, P b .01), TMP (1.6-fold compared to control, P b.01) and TPP (2.3-fold compared to control, P b .01) levels.
We also found that TTFD increased levels of thiamine and TPP in the liver, thiamine and TMP in the kidney, TPP and thiamine in the heart, and TMP and TPP in plasma. By contrast, data in Table 1 shows that brain TTP levels decreased in rats given thiamine or TTFD (P b .001)."

"Forced swimming decreased ATP levels in the gastrocnemius of rats injected with saline (vehicle) for 5 days (27 ±10%; compared to the non swimming group), but exerted a significantly smaller decrease in those of rats injected with
TTFD for 5 days (14 ± 15% reduction compared to the non-swimming group). The tendency was the same in the quadriceps femoris: the ATP level was decreased in the quadriceps femoris of the groups injected with saline or withTTFD by 7 ± 2% and by 2 ± 7%, respectively, compared tothe non-swimming group."

(Thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide improves energy metabolism and physical performance during physical-fatigue loading in rats - PubMed)

Dr. B

Interesting study.
I think it's widely known that vitamin B1 increases glucose metabolism , and it does so partly because it increases glycogen storage . So theres no/ less need for cortisol to kick in during a workout .
And as you can see In the figure below glucose utilization only increases during exercise. Which is good, as during rest muscles are supposed to burn fat . And the longer you can use glucose during exercise for energy , the better .

View attachment 21744

Glycogen storage in liver increased about 20-40% depending on the dosage .
View attachment 21745

The most interesting part is that they performed the forced swimming test on those mice and on the highest dosage the swimming time increased more than 7-fold !
Even on the lowest dose the time still increased more than 5-fold .

The HED of the lowest dose was about 350mg and the highest about 3,5g .
But given that the performance of the lowest dose was not that different from the highest , the lowest dose should still be quite powerful and is achievable much more easily in.

"The TTFD supplementation groups (TTFD-1X, TTFD-2X, and TTFD-5X) were significantly higher than the vehicle group showing a 5.4-, 6.4-, and 7.6-fold increase and demonstrated significant dose-dependent effects"

The control group lasted about 7 minutes in water, while the allithiamine group lasted about 60 minutes.
View attachment 21746
mate can we replicate the benefits using 500mg thiamine HCL

miquelangeles

Here's a singular study showing allithiamine increases weighted swimming time by 1,7fold . Increases thiamine and metabolites in several organs and cuts the reduction of ATP post exercise in half .

View attachment 28742
"...however, the swimming duration of the
rats injected with TTFD for 5 days was significantly longer than that of the control group (1.7-fold compared to control;P b .05; Fig. 1)."

View attachment 28741
"Concentrations of thiamine, TMP and TPP
were higher in most of the organs from the rats given TTFD compared to those given thiamine. Thiamine increased TMP (1.3-fold compared to control; P b .05) and TPP (1.7-fold compared to control, P b .01) levels in the skeletal muscle whereas, TTFD increased thiamine (4.0-fold compared to control, P b .01), TMP (1.6-fold compared to control, P b.01) and TPP (2.3-fold compared to control, P b .01) levels.
We also found that TTFD increased levels of thiamine and TPP in the liver, thiamine and TMP in the kidney, TPP and thiamine in the heart, and TMP and TPP in plasma. By contrast, data in Table 1 shows that brain TTP levels decreased in rats given thiamine or TTFD (P b .001)."

"Forced swimming decreased ATP levels in the gastrocnemius of rats injected with saline (vehicle) for 5 days (27 ±10%; compared to the non swimming group), but exerted a significantly smaller decrease in those of rats injected with
TTFD for 5 days (14 ± 15% reduction compared to the non-swimming group). The tendency was the same in the quadriceps femoris: the ATP level was decreased in the quadriceps femoris of the groups injected with saline or withTTFD by 7 ± 2% and by 2 ± 7%, respectively, compared tothe non-swimming group."

(Thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide improves energy metabolism and physical performance during physical-fatigue loading in rats - PubMed)

I never tried allithiamine as a supplement, but few years ago I tried a stupid protocol with entire head of garlic crushed in water and consumed, to address some gut issues.

It didn't fix my gut, actually created more irritation, but during those days I had a such a huge increase in physical energy that I was literally walking as fast as if I was running.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I never tried allithiamine as a supplement, but few years ago I tried a stupid protocol with entire head of garlic crushed in water and consumed, to address some gut issues.

It didn't fix my gut, actually created more irritation, but during those days I had a such a huge increase in physical energy that I was literally walking as fast as if I was running.
Haha nice one. Not sure how much is in garlic, but I feel effects from even 5 mg.