Allithiamine, Benfotiamine, Or Thiamine Recommendation

Zpol

I've been taking benfotiamine for peripheral neuropathy. Regular thiamine didn't work. I don't know what Allithiamine is.

Anyone know if Allithiamine is even better that benfotiamine?

And anyone know where to get clean products of either of the two above?

Also, if using Allithiamine or benfotiamine, will the body lose the capacity to make thiamine from food bio-available?

regular thiamine didn't work -- how much were you taking?

Are you taking other B vitamins to avoid a deficiency?

I find thiamine HCl works very well if you give it a chance to build up in the body, 500mg X 2 per day over a few weeks.

TubZy

regular thiamine didn't work -- how much were you taking?

Are you taking other B vitamins to avoid a deficiency?

I find thiamine HCl works very well if you give it a chance to build up in the body, 500mg X 2 per day over a few weeks.

Yep, and the studies showed no real advantage of activated B1 over regular thiamine HCL. Haidut posted about this is one of the B1 threads.

kiran

I used to use allithiamine in the bad old days before I went full peat, it works great for the brain. It might be a decent complement to benfo.
Cardiovascular Research Ltd., Ecological Formulas, Allithiamine (Vitamin B1), 50 mg, 250 Capsules

Also, if using Allithiamine or benfotiamine, will the body lose the capacity to make thiamine from food bio-available?
Nah, I don't use either now.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Thanks for the reply!
I will try a combo of the two.

ddjd

I've been taking benfotiamine for peripheral neuropathy. Regular thiamine didn't work. I don't know what Allithiamine is.

hows the peripheral neuropathy now? i have similar issues with my nerves that i need to heal!

OP
Zpol

Zpol

hows the peripheral neuropathy now? i have similar issues with my nerves that i need to heal!

I haven't found a good source of Allithiamine yet, I've only just started with the regular thiamine so too soon to tell, but I've continued with the Benfotiamine as this really seems to do the trick. I take 300mg at breakfast and dinner... it is fat soluble and needs to be taken with a fat source to absorbed properly. FYI, it makes your pee smell funky!

I'm not sure it's really healing the neuropathy because as soon as I stop taking it the pain comes back. Ultimately, balancing hormones, and increasing cellular respiration is the only cure I would think. Doing so could take years though, the benfo really helps to stop the pain in the meantime.

ddjd

What is TTFD?
Without going into the biochemical details, what we now know is that thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide (TTFD, Lipothiamine) is, for a number of reasons, the best of the bunch of synthetically produced derivatives and has exciting possibilities in therapy. For example, it has been shown from animal studies that Benfotiamine, a non-disulfide derivative, does not get into the brain whereas TTFD enables absorption of thiamine into the brain where it stimulates energy synthesis. When we take in thiamine, occurring only in our naturally formed food, it is biologically inert. It has to be “activated” within the body that possesses genetically determined mechanisms for its absorption and activation. To cut a technically difficult explanation, let me state that TTFD bypasses this process. It enables thiamine to split away from its disulfide attachment and enter the cells where its activity is required. The concentration achieved in the target cells is much greater than that achieved by the administration of the thiamine from which it was derived.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

What is TTFD?
Without going into the biochemical details, what we now know is that thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide (TTFD, Lipothiamine) is, for a number of reasons, the best of the bunch of synthetically produced derivatives and has exciting possibilities in therapy. For example, it has been shown from animal studies that Benfotiamine, a non-disulfide derivative, does not get into the brain whereas TTFD enables absorption of thiamine into the brain where it stimulates energy synthesis. When we take in thiamine, occurring only in our naturally formed food, it is biologically inert. It has to be “activated” within the body that possesses genetically determined mechanisms for its absorption and activation. To cut a technically difficult explanation, let me state that TTFD bypasses this process. It enables thiamine to split away from its disulfide attachment and enter the cells where its activity is required. The concentration achieved in the target cells is much greater than that achieved by the administration of the thiamine from which it was derived.

This is great news! As it happens, I have a friend who's son has Down's syndrome, he could probably benefit.
Your timing on this post is impeccable, I just recently started feeling the neuropathy in my feet again... thought I got rid of it for good but it's back. I hadn't really looked into TTFD before so thanks for the links.
Do you take it? Do you find it helps with neuropathy or anything else specifically? It appears it has a significant effect on enhancing concentration and focus, that's a plus.

accelerator

This is great news! As it happens, I have a friend who's son has Down's syndrome, he could probably benefit.
Your timing on this post is impeccable, I just recently started feeling the neuropathy in my feet again... thought I got rid of it for good but it's back. I hadn't really looked into TTFD before so thanks for the links.
Do you take it? Do you find it helps with neuropathy or anything else specifically? It appears it has a significant effect on enhancing concentration and focus, that's a plus.

So how long did the Benfotiamine work for the nerve pain?

Velve921

Hello,

I will be starting thiamine for the first time this week.

I want to increase my focus and my brain’s work capacity. Especially come the final hours of my work week.

Any suggestions on dosages to start with?

Thanks!

ddjd

Hello,

I will be starting thiamine for the first time this week.

I want to increase my focus and my brain’s work capacity. Especially come the final hours of my work week.

Any suggestions on dosages to start with?

Thanks!
which form will you use? after a lot of experimentation my advice is just stick to HCL

LeeLemonoil

spanner

I don’t read all of haiduts post on the matter but I remember he recommends HCL or sais that activated cocarboxylase has no advantages.
is this “still” the case?

I have been taking benfotiamine; for “Covid-induced” loss of smell it was roundly recommended as uniquely effective.

LadyRae

Georgi says bentothiamine is great for overall body, absorbs better than HCL, but won't cross the blood brain barrier. Allithiamine best for brain. Idealabs' new Energin formula has allithiamine now. With HCL apparently you have take a LOT.

I've tried all 3 and the new Energin is my favorite 😁

Georgi says bentothiamine is great for overall body, absorbs better than HCL, but won't cross the blood brain barrier. Allithiamine best for brain. Idealabs' new Energin formula has allithiamine now. With HCL apparently you have take a LOT.

I've tried all 3 and the new Energin is my favorite 😁

Thanks!!

I’m taking allithiamine capsules. Not sure if I feel any different or not.