Allithiamine : a potent endotoxin-antagonist and anti-inflammatory

Mauritio

I have recently posted a study showing ,that allithimaine can increase swimming time by more than 700% in mice.

Now this study shows that allithiamine is a potent endotoxin antagonist and thus anti-inflammatory.
It even mentions that allithimain is superior compared to other b1 forms .

"Recent studies have highlighted that early enhancement of the glycolytic pathway is a mode of maintaining the pro-inflammatory status of immune cells. Thiamine, a well-known co-activator of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex, a gatekeeping enzyme, shifts energy utilization of glucose from glycolysis to oxidative phosphorylation. Thus, we hypothesized that thiamine may modulate inflammation by alleviating metabolic shifts during immune cell activation. First, using allithiamine, which showed the most potent anti-inflammatory capacity among thiamine derivatives, we confirmed the inhibitory effects of allithiamine on the lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced pro-inflammatory cytokine production and maturation process in dendritic cells. We applied the LPS-induced sepsis model to examine whether allithiamine has a protective role in hyper-inflammatory status. We observed that allithiamine attenuated tissue damage and organ dysfunction during endotoxemia, even when the treatment was given after the early cytokine release. We assessed the changes in glucose metabolites during LPS-induced dendritic cell activation and found that allithiamine significantly inhibited glucose-driven citrate accumulation. We then examined the clinical implication of regulating metabolites during sepsis by performing a tail bleeding assay upon allithiamine treatment, which expands its capacity to hamper the coagulation process. Finally, we confirmed that the role of allithiamine in metabolic regulation is critical in exerting anti-inflammatory action by demonstrating its inhibitory effect upon mitochondrial citrate transporter activity. In conclusion, thiamine could be used as an alternative approach for controlling the immune response in patients with sepsis."

Motorneuron

Dont think it's just that.

Of course ... it is only the first that came to mind ... provided that the subject can metabolize the sulfur correctly.

Anybody know how to offset the insomnia caused from Thiamine?
When I take a single pill (TTFT) it often times reduces ability to sleep.

Would love to get insight here because I think it gives me more energy & optimism when taking it.

Makrosky

I have quite a similar feeling after taking the cloves than that of when I take 100mg of Allithiamine.

bk_

Anybody know how to offset the insomnia caused from Thiamine?
When I take a single pill (TTFT) it often times reduces ability to sleep.

Would love to get insight here because I think it gives me more energy & optimism when taking it.
It’s likely that you are introducing excess thiamine and you already have good reserves and intake in your diet.

According to this the half-life of thiamine is 1.8 days[1] which means much of it is still in circulation and being metabolized by the time you go to bed. I suspect the half-life is much lower with chronic deficiency as when I was reading studies on treating deficiency with doses as high as 8000mg/day for a year in diseased individuals I found no adverse effects outside of complaints of nausea and gastrointestinal discomfort[2].

Thiamine increases PDH so you’d need cofactors to complete the Citric Acid cycle in addition to adequate carbohydrates. Have you tried introducing a magnesium supplement simultaneously when using Thiamine?

[1] Plasma thiamine concentrations after intramuscular and oral multiple dosage regimens in healthy men - PubMed
[2] Pharmacokinetics of high-dose oral thiamine hydrochloride in healthy subjects

Last edited:

jnklheimer

It’s likely that you are introducing excess thiamine and you already have good reserves and intake in your diet.

According to this the half-life of thiamine is 1.8 days[1] which means much of it is still in circulation and being metabolized by the time you go to bed. I suspect the half-life is much lower with chronic deficiency as when I was reading studies on treating deficiency with doses as high as 8000mg/day for a year in diseased individuals I found no adverse effects outside of complaints of nausea and gastrointestinal discomfort[2].

Thiamine increases PDH so you’d need cofactors to complete the Citric Acid cycle in addition to adequate carbohydrates. Have you tried introducing a magnesium supplement simultaneously when using Thiamine?

[1] Plasma thiamine concentrations after intramuscular and oral multiple dosage regimens in healthy men - PubMed
[2] Pharmacokinetics of high-dose oral thiamine hydrochloride in healthy subjects
I’ve heard good riboflavin intake is important when taking supplemental thiamine too. You say magnesium?

Zahartof

Gentlemen, thanks for all info. Based on this and other threads I'm starting to supplement Allithiamin as well. Following Ray for some time now, his dietary changes especially. Long story short - I have more allithiamin than I can consume myself in a year (in powder, from USA). If anybody want some, PM me.