Allergies to seafood

Parsifal

When I was a child I've been diagnosed with a blood test as having allergies to most seafood (I had asthma and felt very bad anytime I ate oysters, crab or shrimps).

I was wondering if there is a risk to have bad symptoms or an anaphylaxis shock if I start eating them again as Peat's view of the cells and immune system seems a bit different? I think that I'm missing important nutrients (mainly manganese, selenium and maybe zinc as I have other sources of copper) without these seafoods so to avoid a high histamines concentration I would like to buy some seafood that has been frozen (don't know if that helps regarding freshness) but there is not a lot of discussions on histamines and allergies on the forum... What do you think?

tara

I don't know, and have not seen anything specifically from Peat on this.
But if you have had breathing trouble before with them, then I think there may be a risk of serious reaction. I think anaphylactic reactions usually happen quite soon after exposure to the allergen? If I was going to take the risk, I'd think about the first time arranging a picnic with a friend in park very near your hospital or drs surgery. Or some other way to ensure help is very quickly available if you need it. Also, I'd make sure to eat it together with foods that my system usually finds benign, some salt, and precede it with a some carbohydrate so that I wasn't trying to handle the potential stress with low blood sugar.

tara

Peat considers zinc supplements to have some downsides, but compared with anaphylaxis, they they are probably a reasonable option for occasional supplement? I think beef may also contain useful amounts of zinc.

Pet Peeve

I was diagnosed with seafood allergi as a kid too. I tried eating a single shrimp when I was 25 to see what would happen and I vomited violently after hours of intense pain.

J

jb116

I like Tara's advice. It's worth investigating since from a peat perspective balancing the body through food also means a reduction in stressors such as serotonin for example which is highly implicated in allergic responses. May be at this point, if its been long enough your body has corrected that stress imbalance.
A relative of mine "out grew" their coconut allergy by simply eating better for some years. They don't react to it any more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals