All the Covid „alternative“ treatments Are overrated

magnesiumania

Thanks. Tons of salt helps me. Still scared of having too much
Why so scared, have you ever taken too much? If so what happend? Do you have compromised kidneys? My understanding is that any excess is excreted. There is the potential for hyperexcitability of neurons but salt is generally incredibly safe....

OP
M

Motif

Why so scared, have you ever taken too much? If so what happend? Do you have compromised kidneys? My understanding is that any excess is excreted. There is the potential for hyperexcitability of neurons but salt is generally incredibly safe....
I think I struggle anyway with mineral balance.
Never felt something negative I guess.
I was born with only one but healthy big kidney.

Zpol

I'm no expert but I think it's worth a second mention regarding serotonin syndrome in regard to the collection of symptoms known as 'Covid'. Personally, I'd say it's imperative to address it in cases where symptoms are severe. I personally know of at least a couple doctors now who have included either famotidine or cyproheptadine as part of their standard care.
Anecdotally, my Uncle is in a high risk category (his kidneys aren't functioning well), he had a severe case earlier this year. Several days into it, things got pretty bad, his doc wanted him to be admitted but my Aunt texted me instead to see if I had any advice before resorting to hospital care, I suggested most of the nutraceuticals you mentioned but I also recommended Pepcid AC; I told him 40mg to 80mg per day in divided doses. He began feeling better after about a day of starting the Pepcid, and was entirely recovered in less than a week and ready to go back to work. I saw him a few weeks later and he thanked my for the Pepcid AC recommendation and actually said he's been feeling better than he has in years (he continued with the Pepcid AC at a lower dosage after recovering).

Regarding salt; I think if you just make sure to consume it with potassium and sugar it will be utilized properly by the cells.

I don't know if my comments are helpful to you or not. I feel like we can speculate all we want as to what will be the winning combination of meds and supplements based on all the best research we can find but we can never know for sure how our own bodies will react. Especially since most people have some degree of ill health already.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Even one drop of methylene blue I didn’t tolerate it and had a damn panic attack

This suggests your serotonin and/or lactic acid are already high, and as such you may be at higher baseline risk of severe symptoms from any virus, not just SARS-CoV-2. Have you done any tests for CO2/lactate or whole blood serotonin? Thyroid? Do you get random panic attacks with seemingly no reason/cause?

OP
M

Motif

Things that lower glycolysis, raise mitochondrial production. Lots of info in the forum. Here's from Lactate Vs. CO2 In Wounds, Sickness, And Aging; The Other. :

So thiamine, niacinamide, eat carbs, salt freely, can try thyroid (again can search for that in the forums), biotin, and a little B6... There are tests, for example Mitochondrial Testing | Academy of Nutritional Medicine Mitochondrial Testing Mitochondrial Testing MitochondriaMitochondrial Testing
The test sounds interesting, thx
I'm no expert but I think it's worth a second mention regarding serotonin syndrome in regard to the collection of symptoms known as 'Covid'. Personally, I'd say it's imperative to address it in cases where symptoms are severe. I personally know of at least a couple doctors now who have included either famotidine or cyproheptadine as part of their standard care.
Anecdotally, my Uncle is in a high risk category (his kidneys aren't functioning well), he had a severe case earlier this year. Several days into it, things got pretty bad, his doc wanted him to be admitted but my Aunt texted me instead to see if I had any advice before resorting to hospital care, I suggested most of the nutraceuticals you mentioned but I also recommended Pepcid AC; I told him 40mg to 80mg per day in divided doses. He began feeling better after about a day of starting the Pepcid, and was entirely recovered in less than a week and ready to go back to work. I saw him a few weeks later and he thanked my for the Pepcid AC recommendation and actually said he's been feeling better than he has in years (he continued with the Pepcid AC at a lower dosage after recovering).

Regarding salt; I think if you just make sure to consume it with potassium and sugar it will be utilized properly by the cells.

I don't know if my comments are helpful to you or not. I feel like we can speculate all we want as to what will be the winning combination of meds and supplements based on all the best research we can find but we can never know for sure how our own bodies will react. Especially since most people have some degree of ill health already.
do other antihistamines work the same, let’s say ketotifen? I wanted to ask my doctor to try this one, cause I just can’t fix my histamine issues ( provably my low zinc and copper that i can’t get up cause it)

Famotidin lowers stomach acid, right? Not sure if this isn’t the exact opposite I need.

Potassium is another thing. I feel much better when I get some more.
This suggests your serotonin and/or lactic acid are already high, and as such you may be at higher baseline risk of severe symptoms from any virus, not just SARS-CoV-2. Have you done any tests for CO2/lactate or whole blood serotonin? Thyroid? Do you get random panic attacks with seemingly no reason/cause?

No, but I can do the tests on 25th this month when I have my next appointment!

I’ve always been a chronic overthinker and a bit hypochondriac. I had times where my panic attacks were really bad. It’s much better, but I still tend to panic when it comes to health stuff

Btw: symptoms: histamine intolerance which leads to seborrhoic eczema/ scalp dermatitis, probably caused by low zinc and copper , but I can’t get them up no matter what I try. Blood levels stay low.

Chronic tight muscles for 20 years now( tight neck back shoulders hip everything !)

„ADD“, never was able to really concentrate for example

Last edited:
Well, there's also the concept of "dosing." If you were to go the Vitamin C route in regards to a cold (and remember, Covid is supposedly caused by a "novel" common cold virus), you are supposed to dose to bowel tolerance, as per Robert Cathcart. That could be something like 20, 50, or 100 grams of vitamin C or more a day. If you just took 500mg, maybe you wouldn't see anything.

Vitamin D, there is also the regular preventative and the "Megadose." Something like 5-10,000 IU a day regularly, and then, maybe 50,000 IU for a few days in the presence of a cold. Again, if you just took 1,000 or 2,000 IU, you might not see any difference. Same would go for the other things you tried.

+1 for mentioning Cathcart. The RDA for Vitamin C is criminally low. I strive to keep my blood levels of Vitamin C at 3 mg/dL or higher. But definitely at least 2 mg/dL. For me, this requires at least 10,000 mg per day on average. So essentially, a 100x more than what the government recommends to take. People with latent infections (and who doesn't have some latent infections?) will require more. Bowel tolerance is the reliable titration test.

OP
M

Motif

„How soon did you implement the things you took? It's been my experience that many measures taken to avert a cold or flu need to be done at the first subtle sign of illness, or even before, if you know you've been exposed. Once it's well-established, it usually has to run it's course, though sometimes symptoms are milder or duration is shorter.“
nipit-nip-it-in-the-bud.gif

Some of the stuff I was taking anyway even before.

First time I got sick I took it one day after I had this „ok feels like I’m getting sick“ feeling.

Second time I started it immediately when I had this feeling. I gargled many times too immediately and rinsed my nose.

aliml

I also had a panic attack after drinking mallow blue flowers tea!

mallow blue == methylene blue

OP
M

Motif

Btw I still have a runny nose. Probably I have / had RS virus and everybody I know has/had it for over three-four weeks.

xborg

It's easy to throw the kitchen sink at something but what was the dose, the timing and with what other inputs, including potential antagonists combined with what underlying health conditions. A simple list of beneficial items leaves too many variables undefined to draw any conclusions.

If you want something that is no-fail when used with an easy but focused diligence look into chlorine dioxide (aka MMS, CDS). ClO2 is extremely simple, safe, cheap and can zap any bacteria, fungi, virus or parasite. In addition to the basic chemistry, I speak from more than a decade of practical application and reports from countless others. It's truly the easiest pathogenic bullet-proofing available. (O3 and H2O2 are no-fail as well but require proper moderation and potentially some equipment.) Oil of oregano is amazing when used properly too.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Even one drop of methylene blue I didn’t tolerate it and had a damn panic attack
I think this is due to the MAO inhibition of MB that increases serotonin. I've seen this happen first hand with my mum who has Parkinsons. MB makes her have a panic attack cyproheptadine or other anti serotonin calm her down.

One thing you did not mention in your list were any serotonin antagonists such as cyproheptadine. When I had Covid this was a godsend literally stopped my headaches within 30 minutes.

Also Niacin definitely helped, I watched my blood oxygen levels climb and could feel my breath improve within 30 minutes of taking it

RealNeat

I think this is due to the MAO inhibition of MB that increases serotonin. I've seen this happen first hand with my mum who has Parkinsons. MB makes her have a panic attack cyproheptadine or other anti serotonin calm her down.

One thing you did not mention in your list were any serotonin antagonists such as cyproheptadine. When I had Covid this was a godsend literally stopped my headaches within 30 minutes.

Also Niacin definitely helped, I watched my blood oxygen levels climb and could feel my breath improve within 30 minutes of taking it
Nicotinic acid or niacinamide and what dose?

Joseph Marcello

Forum Supporter
This is not pro or anti vaccine, but I think it’s naive to think that all those here discussed covid treatments will really prevent a bad case.

I took some of that stuff for my last two colds (infected by my little nephews) and it’s not even helpful for something harmless like this. Absolutely no change to when I didn’t take all that stuff.

I really think it’s wishful thinking that we are super prepared.
I mean I was reading about a lot of cases , even in here , that were taking lots of the recommended stuff and they still suffered bad and many even had „longcovid“ symptoms.

I‘m just saying ??‍♂️
Can it be that you are still not aware that, as the Spanish government has recently admitted, and as all other governments must also admit, if to be pressed to do so, no laboratory on planet Earth has ever found, isolated, purified and analyzed the supposed coronavirus. Of course, it is impossible to test for that which you have never found any evidence or results. So it might be best to go back to the drawing board and revise your seeming conviction that there's a virus out there and that it can at all be treated by the supposed protocols you mentioned. Even the CDC admits this. It's about time you do as well

OP
M

Motif

Can it be that you are still not aware that, as the Spanish government has recently admitted, and as all other governments must also admit, if to be pressed to do so, no laboratory on planet Earth has ever found, isolated, purified and analyzed the supposed coronavirus. Of course, it is impossible to test for that which you have never found any evidence or results. So it might be best to go back to the drawing board and revise your seeming conviction that there's a virus out there and that it can at all be treated by the supposed protocols you mentioned. Even the CDC admits this. It's about time you do as well

Even if that would be true, still it didn’t work for whatever I had/have.

OP
M

Motif

Niacin is different to niacinamide?
How much did you take? Flush effect or not?

OP
M

Motif

It's easy to throw the kitchen sink at something but what was the dose, the timing and with what other inputs, including potential antagonists combined with what underlying health conditions. A simple list of beneficial items leaves too many variables undefined to draw any conclusions.

If you want something that is no-fail when used with an easy but focused diligence look into chlorine dioxide (aka MMS, CDS). ClO2 is extremely simple, safe, cheap and can zap any bacteria, fungi, virus or parasite. In addition to the basic chemistry, I speak from more than a decade of practical application and reports from countless others. It's truly the easiest pathogenic bullet-proofing available. (O3 and H2O2 are no-fail as well but require proper moderation and potentially some equipment.) Oil of oregano is amazing when used properly too.

Ok, so who in the world knows what particular order, dose etc it would be right for any individual person? ??‍♂️

Badger

This study, if I am reading it correctly, is rather concerning, as I took Azithromycin for a few days to knock out a throat infection from Covid (which I am now fully recovered last momnth). Can I and others get a super cancer from taking it for covid? Yikes!

Ths study found that some alternative treatment drugs for covid, including Azithromycin, Chloroquine diphosphate, Hydroxychloroquine sulfate, Nafamostat mesylate, Remdesivir, and Tocilizumab, found "that SARS-CoV-2 encoded proteins and some currently used anti-COVID-19 drugs are able to induce lytic reactivation of Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV), one of major human oncogenic viruses, through manipulation of intracellular signaling pathways. Our data indicate that those KSHV + patients especially in endemic areas exposure to COVID-19 or undergoing the treatment may have increased risks to develop virus-associated cancers, even after they have fully recovered from COVID-19."

SARS-CoV-2 proteins and anti-COVID-19 drugs induce lytic reactivation of an oncogenic virus

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals