All My Joints Are Cracking

Motif

i think that already started when I was around 13 years old (1998). It's not a bone issue, but a tendon issue.

I also have bad back and neck tensions since 16 y.o.

What could be the reason for that?

Jon

Sports? Diet? Illness? Sleep deprivation?

We need more to work with lol.

T

tca300

Me: Since I was young and still today ( 25 yrs old and male ) I remember my knees always pop when I squat down. During my first walk to the rest room in the morning my knees will pop quite loudly just by walking, but wont the rest of the day ( except when I have to squat down ). Also sometimes when I squat down and my knees dont pop, it will hurt a little until I can get them to pop. My wrists always crack/pop when I move my hand in a circular motion, or flex from one way to the other. I was wondering if these popping joints indicate something is wrong? If you have any thoughts I would appreciate it! Thank you!

Ray Peat: Sometimes slightly low thyroid function can cause the cartilage in joints to swell, and sometimes to accumulate fluid. Slight nutritional deficiencies can contribute to it. Having some seafood once a week often helps, and having enough protein (80 to 100 grams) and calcium (about 1500 mg) is important.

Jon

Me: Since I was young and still today ( 25 yrs old and male ) I remember my knees always pop when I squat down. During my first walk to the rest room in the morning my knees will pop quite loudly just by walking, but wont the rest of the day ( except when I have to squat down ). Also sometimes when I squat down and my knees dont pop, it will hurt a little until I can get them to pop. My wrists always crack/pop when I move my hand in a circular motion, or flex from one way to the other. I was wondering if these popping joints indicate something is wrong? If you have any thoughts I would appreciate it! Thank you!

Ray Peat: Sometimes slightly low thyroid function can cause the cartilage in joints to swell, and sometimes to accumulate fluid. Slight nutritional deficiencies can contribute to it. Having some seafood once a week often helps, and having enough protein (80 to 100 grams) and calcium (about 1500 mg) is important.

Why sea food?

Douglas Ek

i think that already started when I was around 13 years old (1998). It's not a bone issue, but a tendon issue.

I also have bad back and neck tensions since 16 y.o.

What could be the reason for that?

U asked before its because you take supplemental zinc and are copper deficient i had exactly same thing. Probably have low ferritin aswell. Stop taking all zinc supplements. Start taking 6mg copper bisglycinate daily and thank me on 2-3 months

U have cracking in wrists of hands middle upper back, neck and jaws. Exactly what i had. Worse in the mornings when waking up. Then u sorta crack relief but after hours especially doing something that would tense your body up ypu have to re crack all joints. This is done between 3-6 times a day. Its 100% copper problem. Just like me you depleted it with zinc. You really have to stop zinc for a long time. And take copper for a long time

Jon

Trace minerals that might be lacking in land based foods.... oh and... DHA!!!!:fullmoon

Lmao I was gonna ask about the dha component but it's quite the hot button topic lol one member wanted to chew me up because I posed the possibility it's essential in small amounts lol.

T

tca300

Lmao I was gonna ask about the dha component but it's quite the hot button topic lol one member wanted to chew me up because I posed the possibility it's essential in small amounts lol.
Lol who knows, but good luck to anyone avoiding it or its precursor while consuming a nutritious diet. Many fruits, have a "good" ratio of n-3 to n-6, oranges are one example, so we cant avoid it even eating just land foods.

Douglas Ek

lol what point are you are you giving me?

DHA is not essential. Something that classes as essential is something thay the body cant produce. Your body can produce its own DHA. And even if you ate any type of food you would still get enough without fish and supplements. If you eat any meat protein source you get DHA. And if your vegan and ate protein sources like nuts beans etc u get DHA. And if you didnt eat any of those you would be protein deficienct so if you habe aches and pains It would be more likely to fix that issue then. Just saying. No need to eat fish or take supps.

Douglas Ek

Lol who knows, but good luck to anyone avoiding it or its precursor while consuming a nutritious diet. Many fruits, have a "good" ratio of n-3 to n-6, oranges are one.

Like i mentioned in the previous post. Its impossible to avoid it. Ray peat isnt about avoiding it. Its about minimizing it.

T

tca300

Like i mentioned in the previous post. Its impossible to avoid it. Ray peat isnt about avoiding it. Its about to minimizing it.
Bro, hook me up with the studies showing mammals can manufacture DHA from sugars/protein please! Oh nevermind, you are saying from its plant precursor 18:3. Oops

Douglas Ek

Bro, hook me up with the studies showing mammals can manufacture DHA from sugars/protein please!

BRO!
Lol im not ur bro dudezilla broski but sure bro
Is docosahexaenoic acid synthesis from α-linolenic acid sufficient to supply the adult brain? - ScienceDirect

Whole body synthesis rates of DHA from α-linolenic acid are greater than brain DHA accretion and uptake rates in adult rats

DHA Throughtout Life - Venketesh Biosciences

It converts ALA to both DHA and EPA

So bro your wrong. The contreversy in science today is if the body can synthesize enough or if its even necessary

T

tca300

BRO!
Lol im not ur bro dudezilla broski but sure bro
Is docosahexaenoic acid synthesis from α-linolenic acid sufficient to supply the adult brain? - ScienceDirect

Whole body synthesis rates of DHA from α-linolenic acid are greater than brain DHA accretion and uptake rates in adult rats

DHA Throughtout Life - Venketesh Biosciences

It converts ALA to both DHA and EPA

So bro your wrong. The contreversy in science today is if the body can synthesize enough or if its even necessary
What am I wrong about? I thought you were arguing we can make DHA from scratch, like from sugars/proteins, read my previous posts, its evident I know we can convert n-3 18:3 into n-3 22:6

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals