All Meat Paleo Carnivore Diets Are Going Mainstream Big Time !

Whataboutbob

Has anyone seen this guy ? Has some interesting stuff to say talks about ATP red light inflammation mitochondria etc..anti grains starch ..anti sugar. I don’t know how they function and some have been doing it for years. I guess only time will tell..... .......

Last edited:

TeaRex14

I don’t know how they function and some have been doing it for years
Stress hormones. You can run on cortisol and adrenaline for a good bit, some much longer then others. They'll age very quickly though, as do the Arctic eskimos.

Dobbler

Success and failure are the best teachers.
Tbh comparing standard modern diet of grains, pufas and other sh*t, carnivore diet is probably much healthier, if you do it the right way. Grass-fed beef, organic eggs, other organs aswell, some even drink raw milk. Carnivore diet also acts as a gate to other "biohacks", such as more sunlight, lowering stress, stopping cosmetics etc. in general, switching to a more natural way of living. When you open the bottle you want to learn more and experiment more.

B

Braveheart

Success and failure are the best teachers.
Tbh comparing standard modern diet of grains, pufas and other sh*t, carnivore diet is probably much healthier, if you do it the right way. Grass-fed beef, organic eggs, other organs aswell, some even drink raw milk. Carnivore diet also acts as a gate to other "biohacks", such as more sunlight, lowering stress, stopping cosmetics etc. in general, switching to a more natural way of living. When you open the bottle you want to learn more and experiment more.
:thumbsup:

TeaRex14

A carnivore diet is more clean then a standard grain based diet, but it would be debatable to call it healthier. Perhaps better micronutrient density, but the hormonal shift that occurs when eating this way is exceedingly bad. I'm not sure how anyone could justify the need for increased levels of cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen, lactic acid, and nitric oxide. That's like the
pinnacle of unhealthy. These hormonal shifts aren't subjective to individuals either, this will happen to every single person eating a carnivore diet. It's just some people deteriorate faster then others, depending on the person's age, metabolic health, exogenous stressors, preexisting health problems, etc.

michael94

norepinephrine also comes into play and is not a stress hormone, as Ray Peat said before. Just because one is not optimizing thyroid function does not mean theyr running on adrenaline and cortisol only

Runenight201

I don’t understand why grains are so demonized in the health world. Highly refined grains are essentially pure energy, and in my experience cause almost no problems. Mix it with fat and they digest pretty much perfectly, with zero inflammation, not too mention that they taste absolutely incredible.

People try and trick themselves into eating brown rice and quinoa, where white rice and white bread and refined pasta are where it’s at.

A life with no grains would be a less healthy life for me, not too mention a horribly less interesting dietary one too.

Then again, I’m not sure if people mean whole graind or refined grains. Refined + fat = some serious metabolic warmth and energy

Waremu

I don’t understand why grains are so demonized in the health world. Highly refined grains are essentially pure energy, and in my experience cause almost no problems. Mix it with fat and they digest pretty much perfectly, with zero inflammation, not too mention that they taste absolutely incredible.

People try and trick themselves into eating brown rice and quinoa, where white rice and white bread and refined pasta are where it’s at.

A life with no grains would be a less healthy life for me, not too mention a horribly less interesting dietary one too.

Then again, I’m not sure if people mean whole graind or refined grains. Refined + fat = some serious metabolic warmth and energy

This hasn't been the case for me, and others on the forum. Other than the occasional white rice, the regular consumption of grains just destroy my gut. I've been Peating since 2012, so for a while now, and my health has improved greatly, and I feel that over the years as my health has improved, I am more sensitive to the effects of stress hormones, especially serotonin. No matter what I do, if I eat grains for more than a few days in a row, my digestion gets messed up for days and it starts a stress cascade of serotonin...due to serotonin and endotoxin. And my digestive health is very good until I eat grains. I do agree that refined grains are better over unrefined, for the most part. And I did do well on them when I was new to Peat, but not anymore. I really like some grains too, but feeling good, having good sleep, good mental clarity, and good digestion matters to me the most. I just do much better with high fruit intake for my carbs. Fat, salt, with some protein, and fruit juice or stewed/cooked apples/pears does it perfectly for me and keeping me warm. But there are those who do well on white rice or lentils, etc., so in the end everyone has to listen to their bodies.

Runenight201

This hasn't been the case for me, and others on the forum. Other than the occasional white rice, the regular consumption of grains just destroy my gut. I've been Peating since 2012, so for a while now, and my health has improved greatly, and I feel that over the years as my health has improved, I am more sensitive to the effects of stress hormones, especially serotonin. No matter what I do, if I eat grains for more than a few days in a row, my digestion gets messed up for days and it starts a stress cascade of serotonin...due to serotonin and endotoxin. And my digestive health is very good until I eat grains. I do agree that refined grains are better over unrefined, for the most part. And I did do well on them when I was new to Peat, but not anymore. I really like some grains too, but feeling good, having good sleep, good mental clarity, and good digestion matters to me the most. I just do much better with high fruit intake for my carbs. Fat, salt, with some protein, and fruit juice or stewed/cooked apples/pears does it perfectly for me and keeping me warm. But there are those who do well on white rice or lentils, etc., so in the end everyone has to listen to their bodies.

For sure. I always felt really bad on a diet skewed heavily towards fruit. I wonder what the physiological differences are that dictate whether someone is going to need more or less starch in their diet. I want to conjecture muscle mass, but there may be more going on.

Hugh Johnson

For sure. I always felt really bad on a diet skewed heavily towards fruit. I wonder what the physiological differences are that dictate whether someone is going to need more or less starch in their diet. I want to conjecture muscle mass, but there may be more going on.
Could the fluids or the quality of the fruit too. Hard to say.

Hazarlar

We always hope that people eating differently - will crash - sooner or later... But the case is that human system can adapt to very different diets. If we don't see visible crash ... then we devise slogans like "running on stress hormones".

If you need identity via diet, then carnivore one should be better than ketogenic, because you provide also some glucose.

I like the idea in carnivore diet that plants are toxic. That plants are medicine not food. Plants protect themselves by anti-nutrients.

But why not fruit is my question? Fruit is meant to be eaten. Carnivores say that their symptoms will be back if they eat fruit ...

RisingSun

I have recently come to the conclusion that I should eat what my body tells me to eat.

Being intimately in tune with your body is the key.

Sometime I go two days straight eating only watery fruit, because I feel thirsty as hell.

Sometimes my meals are comprised of 400g of red meat and green veggies, no carbs, because I don't feel like it.

Sometimes my meal will be only 2 sweet potatoes, because I am not that hungry and I am craving the potatoes.

I think it's a fallacy to try and stick to a diet, and to religiously include carbs, proteins and fats at each meal.

Hell if you want your dinner to be 100 grams of butter and nothing else, go for it.

Runenight201

I have recently come to the conclusion that I should eat what my body tells me to eat.

Sometime I go two days straight eating only watery fruit, because I feel thirsty as hell.

Sometimes my meals are comprised of 400g of red meat and green veggies, no carbs, because I don't feel like it.

Sometimes my meal will be only 2 sweet potatoes, because I am not that hungry and I am craving the potatoes.

I think it's a fallacy to try and stick to a diet, and to religiously include carbs, proteins and fats at each meal.

Hell if you want your dinner to be 100 grams of butter and nothing else, go for it.
Amen

We always hope that people eating differently - will crash - sooner or later... But the case is that human system can adapt to very different diets. If we don't see visible crash ... then we devise slogans like "running on stress hormones".

If you need identity via diet, then carnivore one should be better than ketogenic, because you provide also some glucose.

I like the idea in carnivore diet that plants are toxic. That plants are medicine not food. Plants protect themselves by anti-nutrients.

But why not fruit is my question? Fruit is meant to be eaten. Carnivores say that their symptoms will be back if they eat fruit ...

Because the carnivore apostles are just as prejudiced as vegans when it comes to dietary stance and extremes, and the movement definitely has counter-vegan sentiments within it, leading them to erroneously believe anything besides meat dairy and eggs are bad, and will find any justification they can for it (sugar in fruits, anti-toxins in plants)

The amount of restrictive diets and all or nothing thinking about food in America is staggering. People are so alienated from their own bodies and wants that they'd sooner follow a Youtube guru than their own cravings.

brainfog

Stress hormones. You can run on cortisol and adrenaline for a good bit, some much longer then others. They'll age very quickly though, as do the Arctic eskimos.

Yes due to much phosthate and to little calcium, said ray in a podcast. But if you supplement with egg shell or milk they should be fine. There is a women that has been on that diet for 20 years and she seems to do pretty good.
Joe Andersen on Twitter

Last edited:

I agree.

Kartoffel

Gluten exorphins? Persorption? I think you could cut global health care costs in half, if everyone simply replaced gluten grains with safer starches.

Runenight201

Gluten exorphins? Persorption? I think you could cut global health care costs in half, if everyone simply replaced gluten grains with safer starches.

I believe that to be an absurd claim, but luckily it doesn’t matter whether you’re right or wrong, because that scenario simply won’t ever happen.

My statement came from an anecdotal experience, from which I determined that the beneficial aspects of wheat consumption far outweigh whatever negative consequences could theoretically be occurring whenever I consume gluten.

I would suspect that everything negative with gluten comes from consuming an improperly cooked plant in its whole grain form, but diving into the technical science of food is not where my interest lies.

I’ll just state that whole civilizations thrived off of wheat, and that people try to find a single scapegoat for a much more complex problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals